What's new

Lemon Thai: Grow + hopefully make some seeds !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HI all, it's taken a while but the Plants have mostly been sexed now. So far amongst the Derg Corra population we have a 2 boys, 2 girls and 2 more plants that are probably also boys. The 'runt' plant, although it looked nice, was definitely slow with poor root growth and has been culled.
The DC plants do look more hybrid now, but still distinctly different in some ways from the Bodhi plants. This is understandable if they have been separate for a few rounds of inbreeding, and should be a good thing genetically when the two populations are crossed together...

First off, here is the new Bodhi female, i'm really hoping she behaves because she is a beauty !
LTBODHINEWPL.jpg
LTBODHINEWMACRO.jpg

Plant 5 of the Derg Corra is a girl and represents one of the 2 general phenos with even sidebranching:
LT5girl.jpg

Plant 8 another girl and is the other pheno which has higher apical dominance.
LT8girl.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the Derg Corra confirmed Boys.
Plant 6. This was always my favorite of the DC plants and i'm glad it's a boy. It was also the fastest to root. I had to take another round of clones because i managed to cook some of the first lot so hopefully i will get rooted ones of them all.
LTMALE6.jpg
LTMALE6MACRO.jpg

Plant 7 is another male, and these two also represent the 2 basic phenos on the boy's side
LTMALE7.jpg

VG :tiphat:

need4weed

Veteran
I'm really keen to see how this pans out, I have both your S1's and a few packs of DCC. From my understanding, Doc D has taken it to f5/6 leaning more towards sativa side

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes i think most fans of LT would be more enthusiastic about narrow leaf than wide leaf plants, but i think one of the great things about LT is that it, by all accounts, has those clear energetic effects anyway and tends to finish quite quickly for weed with those effects. I don't know if narrower leafed LT plants take longer or not.
For my part the only population i had any experience with up until i popped these seeds was the Bodhi release.

Looks like the remaining DC plants are male as suspected.
VG

LG/

Yes i think most fans of LT would be more enthusiastic about narrow leaf than wide leaf plants, but i think one of the great things about LT is that it, by all accounts, has those clear energetic effects anyway and tends to finish quite quickly for weed with those effects. I don't know if narrower leafed LT plants take longer or not.
For my part the only population i had any experience with up until i popped these seeds was the Bodhi release.

VG
I agree. I love the high, so does a friend of mine who is big into sativa hybrids.
Nice up, no stone. That's the direction I'm going in for personal stash from here on out.

Redrum92

VG

Nobody ever looks for the wide leaf phenos in Thai... much like nobody is looking for narrow leaf phenos in Bubba seeds, I guess. Unexplored territory, maybe full of potential? Random thought

dugzy

Appreciation for your work with this Lemon Thai :)

Very fine and interesting looking plants. Thai influenced types are not so common to find in 'easy for indoors' form these days.

Do they have a very strong aroma at this stage? The ones you have flowered previous, how stinky are they at full throttle flowering?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @dugzy thanks for the kind words. They don't smell much yet but they can have quite a strong, astringent lemon cleaner smell in later flower.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and here they are. here are the Derg boys, 3 of them in the end... one of the undecideds was quietly being a female this week in the back of the cupboard that i thought i had 4 males in! , no pollen drop yet so all fine, its been a busy week !
Plant 7, slightly scorched on one top. quite stretchy !
LTpl7male2.jpg
LT7malenug.jpg

plant 4
LTpl4male.jpg

and 5
LTpl5malee.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are the Derg girls.
plant 3, the new girl !
LTpl3@2-3girl.jpg

plant 5
LTpl5@2-3weeks.jpg
LTpl5n@2-3nug.jpg

here is the bodhi old girl.
LTbodhiold@2-3.jpg
LTbodhioldnug2-3.jpg

and i think ive misnumbered some of the other pics i need to sort it out but the thumbnails are there.
VG

Attachments

• LTpl5@2-3top.jpg
    LTpl5@2-3top.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • LTpl5@2-3.jpg
    LTpl5@2-3.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 47
  • LTpl2@2-3nug.jpg
    LTpl2@2-3nug.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 48

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, did some pollination today, i think we are 4-5 weeks and the plants look about right to dust them. All going well except i've lost my cloning mojo and having trouble rooting cuttings atm. Hopefully this will improve!
Here is the Bodhi new plant, this smells of lemons but also has a kind of hazy funk to it.
LTBNpl@5.jpg
LTBNcpola@5.jpg
LTBNnug@5.jpg

and here we have plant 8 of the Derg corra, all these have a sharper lemon smell more like the proven bodhi plant that i made S1s with.
LT8@5pl.jpg
LT8nug@5.jpg

Rgd

Veteran
speaking of crosses

I hit my fave muljane clone with fem lemon thai pollen..

[now all I need is to actually grow the seed out..]

ps

the small lemon thai plant is finished and hanging ...

it does have a good high...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pollination looks to have gone well and seeds forming (although i have been wrong about that before lol)
Tried to keep 1 cola sensi on each plant so as i have something to evaluate.
Here are the Derg Corra girls, they all smell like acerbic bitter lemon atm.

plant 8 , seeded bud on left. all at around 6 weeks
LT8@6.jpg
LT8nug@6.jpg

plant 3
LT3nuggg@6.jpg
LT3nug@6.jpg

and plant 5
LT5@6nugg.jpg
LT5@6nug.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and this is the new Bodhi female plant. This had a faster flowering response and showed sex more quickly than the DC plants and is perhaps a bit further along... 6 weeks or a bit more...
LTB@6nug.jpg
LTb@6.jpg

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts