What's new

Lemon Thai: Grow + hopefully make some seeds !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All plants (except the runt) were topped a few days ago and transplanted into bigger pots today. Seem to be coming on well. The runt is still with us and looks ok just slow....
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
will try and get some pics up later. The new Bodhi plant is a girl.. so only females on that side. Also the visual difference between the two populations is night and day !
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, here are the plants, topped a week or two ago. The two populations looks pretty different still... perhaps a little convergence as they mature.
First the Bodhi new plant. this is showing female. Nice plant.. very different from the DC population. It actually familiar to me, possibly because it looks like some of the S1s of the existing Bodhi plant that @Jahaze test grew?
LTBnew.jpg
LTBnewclose.jpg

and here is the proven LT plant that i have selfed already- a bit wider leaf. Leaves are always light green.
LTbodhiold.jpg
LTbodhioldtop.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here are some of the Derg Corra population. 2 or 3 phenos.

Plant 6 has a nice bushy structure and the sidebranches have formed a canopy, there is another plant pretty much like this too.
LT6pl.jpg

Plant 8 is one on its own and has large fat leaves:
LT8pl.jpg
LT8top.jpg

and maybe 3 plants of a more columnar pheno with greater apical dominance:
LTpheno.jpg
LTphenotop.jpg

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The runt, perhaps it's not a runt and it was something environmental that stalled it as a seedling ? i'll repot it tomorrow, it's finally ready, and top it. I may have been right in my initial theory that it has narrower leaves than the rest... they certainly seem longer. we will see. Looks nice, but perhaps flattered by having not been topped yet. looking back at the pics of the others it looks more like the Bodhi plant than any of the other DC
The DC population have been a bit sulky about being topped. the bodhi plant didn't miss a beat.
plant 2 : for now i'm glad i held back on culling this one !
Ltrunt.jpg
LTrunttop.jpg

Last edited:

Alpine Guerilla

Hey @VerdantGreen,
I harvested a DCC's Lemon Thai two hours ago, week 11 after flip to 12/12. Here's a bud shot from the day before yesterday. The smell is clear and very lemony, it was the only female plant from four seeds. The structure was very similar to your pictures in post #10, a little leafy and more of a indica/hybrid type when she was in vegetative stage, the leafs became more NLD-like in flowering. I expected this Lemon Thai to be more sativa but can't complain about the stickiness. No smoke report yet, I usually cure my weed for at least three months.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @Alpine Guerilla thanks for the info. Sounds on point and good that the DC plants are lemony as well. Looks nice !
Did you notice any intersex traits on any plants? pistils on the males ?
Hopefully you will find the high clear and energetic... one other guy who i've heard from on the DC population said that was what he found.
VG :tiphat:

Last edited:

Alpine Guerilla

To be honest, I was a little disappointed that my Lemon Thais showed quite strong indica traits and I composted the males straight after sexing. No intersex traits till then. I would have saved some pollen if one of the males would have been more of a NLD type.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to a sativa high, for me the Destroyer / Cannabiogen and Durban 82 / Tropical Seed Company did set the bar. But that's just my personal preference, maybe I'm doing Lemon Thai wrong and it has the effect I want. I'll find out in a few weeks and I still have enough seeds for a repro.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Alpine Guerilla , if the high is anything like the LT i've smoked then i think you will be pleasantly surprised.. ime it is very clear and energetic, buzzy but without being 'edgy'
certainly for the shortish flowering time it has a very 'up' high.
VG

Alpine Guerilla

Clear, energetic, buzzy, not edgy... sounds promising! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the phenos you desire for your repro and keep watching this thread.

AG

Cuddles

Hi @GMT Lemon Thai is actually from Hawaii, and certainly looks that way.
It is described as Thai x Hawaiian.... and old Dutch Flowers line. Its the same variety that i crossed to the amnesia (and made S1s of the LT at the same time.)
here is the Dutch Flowers description from way back :
"Lemon Thai was obtained from some folks out of Hawaii. The plants are sativa, but they didnt look like Thai to us, rather Hawaiian in phenotype, smell and high. Buds are candied with crystal, with a trademark citrus "lemon pledge" odour with a hint of peppermint. Very, very energetic high, it is the "clear mental surfing" variety for us, without a hint of paranoia .................. Chronic tokers can probably smoke this during the day and get things done, if not overdone. These buds are a favorite of many, as they are excellent positive-mood inducers. Excellent yields and bag appeal as well, shortest flowering period of the three offered, around 9 weeks."

and the thread about it in the main forum:

VG :tiphat:
sounds like a great strain for getting your spring cleaning done :p

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
To be honest, I was a little disappointed that my Lemon Thais showed quite strong indica traits and I composted the males straight after sexing. No intersex traits till then. I would have saved some pollen if one of the males would have been more of a NLD type.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to a sativa high, for me the Destroyer / Cannabiogen and Durban 82 / Tropical Seed Company did set the bar. But that's just my personal preference, maybe I'm doing Lemon Thai wrong and it has the effect I want. I'll find out in a few weeks and I still have enough seeds for a repro.

I grew out four LTs1 from @VerdantGreen and regardless of leaf structure they were all energetic, up and euphoric. I ended up keeping a plant that was stout with wider leaves and extremely resinous. By looking at the plant you wouldn't think it would smoke like what's being described here and you'd be wrong. Having grown cannabiogens Destroyer, and many haze hybrids I can tell you the Lemon Thai s1 plants lean in that direction. These are perfect to cross with those longer flowering equatorial type plants to shorten flowering time without sacrificing much. As with any cultivar there will be plants that deviate from the norm but these seem to breed true for those traits I look for in my cannabis: heady, energetic without edginess, clear and clean. Only one plant was perceived as having a bit of body stone initially but after a good cure it was all above the shoulders.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most plants are starting to show sex and were flipped to 12/12 today, hopefully i can know for sure which are girls and give them a swift repot in the next week or so before they grow out of their existing pots.
They are definitely changing as they get older to look more narrow leaf, just as the descriptions say.
VG

Cuddles

Verdant, I found this description and was wondering if you, or maybe other people here agree with the statement regarding the usage and effects:

What are the effects of Lemon Thai cannabis?​

The effects of Lemon Thai cannabis are numerous, and some include improved focus, uplifting, excitement, and energy, with the ability to give focus and inspiration.

Lemon Thai is often described as being a “fun-loving” hybrid as it’s known for filling users with a sense of levity, lightness of being—both physically and mentally—and restorative energy. This happy strain provides relief for a mind burdened with worries and makes for an excellent way to come down from your day or enjoy a stress-free kind of afternoon.

Sativa-leaning in its genetic makeup, Lemon Thai’s effects are predominantly Sativa, which means that unless you exceed your tolerance or usual dosage, it’s unlikely to leave you couch-locked or too lazy to move, though its indica side is strong enough to help release unwanted tension from the body so you’re able to go about your day or evening with greater ease.

Thanks to its incredible cerebral effects, some users opt for Lemon Thai when hanging out with friends, while others prefer using it on their own as it tends to induce a meditative and introspective state that’s far from heavy or overwhelming.

Lemon Thai cannabis can enhance focus and clarity of thought while reducing mental clutter. This makes it a popular choice among artists and creative individuals who seek to fully immerse themselves in their work.

Lemon Thai cannabis seeds mature into deliciously sweet and sour-tasting plants with a sativa-to-indica ratio of 60:40 and THC content of 21%. The Lemon Thai genetics provide a distinct and invigorating experience for those seeking a zesty and mood-boosting cannabis strain.

What are the therapeutic benefits of Lemon Thai cannabis?​

Upbeat and whimsical, Lemon Thai has much to offer medical users in alleviating both mental and physical health issues and symptoms.

Lemon Thai, lauded for imbuing users with a sense of lightheartedness, has the potential to temporarily reduce stress, negative thinking, and chronic anxiety.

In terms of one’s physical health, Lemon Thai has been known to help patients combat chronic aches and pains, arthritis, loss of appetite, and nausea—the latter two of which may be of great help to those undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.

What does Lemon Thai taste like?​

Lemon Thai is characterized by its distinct and refreshing citrus flavor, akin to zesty lemon with earthy undertones. Its aroma and taste are often described as bright and invigorating, offering a delightful combination of citrusy and herbal notes that create a vibrant and memorable cerebral experience.