What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Legit Breeders - Pollen Chuckers and White labelers - Tell us YOUR Opinion!

Wolverine97

Veteran
You're good buddy, we all get mistaken from time to time, Whats oni seeds? Any strain recommendation?
No I can't recommend them anymore. Now it's just a faceless corporation selling whatever. He used to make some killer hash strains. But he got screwed over, they basically pushed him out after getting control of the brand.

Shua1991

Recently been growing ace seeds and some Norstar genetics, lots of great names listed thus far.
I'll add "underground originals" seeds for their amazing skunks, not very popular due to rarity and pricing, I plan to give their cheese Aka Ugorg#1 a run in the near future.

kro-magnon

Veteran
It could be useful to make a kist of all seed brands selling white label seeds, many Dutch and Spanish seedbanks are involved in this malpractice, the names who come to mind:
-Philosopher seeds, they started with some decent crosses but now they mostly sell bullshit seeds renamed like the last trend, avoid them;
-Barney's farm
-Anesia
-Blimburn
There is certainly a lot more company selling white labels, list them when here so we know who to avoid

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It could be useful to make a kist of all seed brands selling white label seeds, many Dutch and Spanish seedbanks are involved in this malpractice, the names who come to mind:
-Philosopher seeds, they started with some decent crosses but now they mostly sell bullshit seeds renamed like the last trend, avoid them;
-Barney's farm
-Anesia
-Blimburn
There is certainly a lot more company selling white labels, list them when here so we know who to avoid
There is way to many to list ( I won't ever list them)

kro-magnon

Veteran
We can still document our personal experience with bad quality seeds coming from x or y, a thread where we can all give a testimony about what happened with seeds who are not what they are supposed to be. This can be precious info to avoid being robbed by seed sellers.
Recently a friend gave me some seeds from Silent Seeds in collab with Sherbinsky, they are sold almost 30€ and are not worthy of the space in the grow room, I had 2 seeds, only one made a seedling and this plant hermied around day 30/35, not 2/3 male flowers on the lower part of the plant but many male flowers all over the plant even on the biggest flowers, I have taken them off but some pollen made its way to other plants in the room. Those overpriced seeds are to avoid absolutely, it is the only plant with herm problem from 9 different genetics. My harvest will be seeded because of this awful genetic, I'm really not happy but I would be mad if I had bought them for more than 50€, one dead seed and one herma, what a pathetic result.

Last edited:
Also there is white label and there is outsourced , neither made by the Company itself, that's 80% of the large companies or more.

I understand when you get so big you can't do it all yourself, but do they attend these facilities to see the conditions seeds are made to assure legit genetics are used etc etc etc .
They just expect to sell to a clueless person that is new, or not that in depth of their research of legit breeders or seedbanks. It happens all the time, and I'd say probably 75-85% nobody says anything because the description from the seeds they bought will say some key phrase like "IF, you happen to find the keeper pheno she will treat you spectacular! She is super beautiful, strong structure, grows fast, yields HUGE, she is an all around go to for any patient, grower, or even the cash cropper! Make sure you have your yo-yo's and bamboo stakes ready for this one!!!".... Then the clueless dude thinks 🤔 "Damn!? She finishes in 14-24 days flower time AND yields 50 pounds!!!!?!?! I wonder how long shipping will take!??".... So they spend $280 on 5 feminized autoflower seeds, grow it like crap, then they think THEY just messed up growing it... They think it didn't yield 50 pounds because they over watered it and a couple gnats were buzzing around 🤣
They think it doesn't look or smell like the description the seedbank had, because they didn't grow it to it's full potential, or hell maybe they just didn't find the "KEEPER" that the company brags about and shows as the pic for the seeds... This causes a lot of headaches, causes more crap bud in the community, it waters things down cause the noobs over here handing out clones that he thinks is "OG Kush" but he's really passing around Runtz x Zkittles that's not even the real deal 🤣
So he goes and throws another $280 at another 5 pack to ride the same bull 🐂
And when the order comes through, the dude at the company takes a snapper off his bong, giggles and goes "Hey guys! We got ourselves another idiot! Hahaha can you believe this same dude keeps buying the same strain over and over at $280 a pop for a five pack! Man, we can't even keep up with how many guys like him keep repeat ordering in hopes of finding something we DON'T have!"... 🤣🤣🤣

We can still document our personal experience with bad quality seeds coming from x or y, a thread where we can all give a testimony about what happened with seeds who are not what they are supposed to be. This can be precious info to avoid being robbed by seed sellers.
Recently a friend gave me some seeds from Silent Seeds in collab with Sherbinsky, they are sold almost 30€ and are not worthy of the space in the grow room, I had 2 seeds, only one made a seedling and this plant hermied around day 30/35, not 2/3 male flowers on the lower part of the plant but many male flowers all over the plant even on the biggest flowers, I have taken them off but some pollen made its way to other plants in the room. Those overpriced seeds are to avoid absolutely, it is the only plant with herm problem from 9 different genetics. My harvest will be seeded because of this awful genetic, I'm really not happy but I would be mad if I had bought them for more than 50€, one dead seed and one herma, what a pathetic result.
That's because of who breed it... Sherbinski used to be buddies with Berner and Cookies came from a herm, everything they make is herms, they run through fields of hundreds of thousands of seeds to find the one that looks good and don't have balls 😂😂😂
Just like that first seed drop Cookies did at $500 or $1000 a 10 pack or whatever it was and the seeds never sprout, and the ones that did had a sausage fest in everyone's grow tent! LOLOL
I think the mistake everyone made was letting go of good solid strains back then to find crappy cookies crosses that herm out your whole garden. What is crazy is a lot of strains these days have cookies in the DNA, but what amazes me is that every other breeder that creates the similar strains don't seem to create the hermie genetic to pass on constantly 🤣

superx

Veteran
Regarding silent seeds, I run 20 of there critical +2 .

2 herrmied in the fourth week of flower, I found the anther husk on top of the coco so it was to late to do anything about it . Most of the crop was seeded, proper kick in the balls.. Maybe I should of been more vigilant in the first few weeks of flower checking the lower branching as they were developing. Ive never had to worry about hermies before...

Was still quality puff, took a drastic hit in the yield department and its a massive nusicience deseeding.
I bubbled most of it...

I thought silent seeds took over dinafems stock, that's what I believe.

Regarding silent seeds, I run 20 of there critical +2 .

2 herrmied in the fourth week of flower, I found the anther husk on top of the coco so it was to late to do anything about it . Most of the crop was seeded, proper kick in the balls.. Maybe I should of been more vigilant in the first few weeks of flower checking the lower branching as they were developing. Ive never had to worry about hermies before...

Was still quality puff, took a drastic hit in the yield department and its a massive nusicience deseeding.
I bubbled most of it...

I thought silent seeds took over dinafems stock, that's what I believe.
I think this all became a bigger problem when many U.S. states began legalizing for recreational use. Here locally all the dispensaries would only have flower available from local growers of all the main varieties like Blueberry, Blue Dream, Tangie, Chocolope, GG4, and all the classic clone only strains. But the second Oregon legalized for recreational, all the dispensaries were bought out by big pharma investors and non-grower types. And all of a sudden I started to notice the "Clone Only" varieties slowly disappear, and everything over night became all from seed, all crappy grown, and I would assume that every farm trying to grow bought all the seeds out of stock that would normally be readily available before legalization from almost every seed company that would send to the USA. Which honestly makes sense 🤔 now they all are just struggling to keep up with all the unfulfilled orders so they are stalking breeders and seed makers and buying whatever. I just remembered, around 2015-2018 somewhere in there, I had a full room of plants scrogged out and I intentionally did a seed run. I had a room full of moms and put a male in there and each plant gave me thousands of seeds of each new cross. I had been documenting my grow the entire time, and the second I put a picture on social media of a paper plate with like 15,000 seeds on it, I started getting messages from seedbanks trying to purchase them all from me lol 😂
It was like as soon as they came across me and noticed I was making seeds they started to stalk me because my plants looked decent and I had been bragging about the strains and talking about how they grow and the terps and what I think about each one. I think they stalk people like me like that. They watch your grow and breeding program, and they jot down everything you say, so they can buy the seed off you and use your opinion of the grow the stalked as the "Strain Description" for the strain on their website makes sense now 🤔🤔🤔