What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED FAQ) Building and DIY

Orchid grower

Yes 048 1212 and yes I will get all 90 cri from cobkits.com they offer a nice price indeed, thanks!

For the driver I was thinking at the 709-HLG120H-C1050A or B.

Dion

Yes 048 1212 and yes I will get all 90 cri from cobkits.com they offer a nice price indeed, thanks!

For the driver I was thinking at the 709-HLG120H-C1050A or B.

U can take the elg 150c 700b and run 6 of them
Or the elg 150c 1050b and run 4(from memory)

The elg series is the same as hlg but cheaper

Safe Gardener

U can take the elg 150c 700b and run 6 of them
Or the elg 150c 1050b and run 4(from memory)

The elg series is the same as hlg but cheaper

Sorry for the thread hijack, but a question about the elg 1050b. Looking at the data sheet on Mousers site it looks like the input voltage is 180VAC to 295VAC. Is there a similar elg driver that takes 120VAC for the input that you are familire with?

REALSTYLES

Sorry for the thread hijack, but a question about the elg 1050b. Looking at the data sheet on Mousers site it looks like the input voltage is 180VAC to 295VAC. Is there a similar elg driver that takes 120VAC for the input that you are familire with?
Sorry dude but ELG is 240v only, you need to look at another driver

Dion

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad I was reading that right.

thanks for the assist realstyles

yeah this driver is not suitable for our friends in the U.S.

Orchid grower is in the EU so i suggested it for him as its cheaper,

you want to use the HLG series

DJXX

Veteran
i am gonna read the whole thread...i need educated on this...sorry i came off like a jerk on the other thread...thanks for having this thread>>DJXX

Dion

thanks DIon, should i go with the cutter sets.or cop them from the kingbrite dude on the baba????

yeah either way if fine I guess, I've ordered off cutter, was ok
reports from tests done on kingbrite show they r legit too

either way you will be fine

just to add a note about my suggestion: that set up is the best compromise in my opinion between cost vs efficiency getting you in at around 62% efficent, if you decide to spend less and have less efficency you are better looking into the citizen cobs.

sorry i dont wanna overload information just that if you decide to run cobs harder you are better getting vero or citizen, cree is king of efficency but only at low currents like this, at higher currents(above 50w per cob) vero and citizen are actually more efficenct.... damn thats a ramble

ok what im saying is that vero and citizen are great, BUT thier efficency doesnt go up so much when you run them soft, nor does it go down much when run hard.

so you can run a citizen CLU58 at about 150w and get the same efficency as a cxb3590@ 70w oh and it costs the same as a cxb3590...

dunno why nothing im saying is making sense right now...

in summation: if u go with this set up cutter or baba is fine(only buy from jerry though)

if you start thinking about a dif set up (like if this is gonna cost too much)let me know and we can tune it down to 50% efficent(same as cxb3070 @ 50w) for around 2/3 of the cost.

um.... yeah get back to me, i need more coffee lol:rasta:

IronBackGorilla

lol i hear you man .i get like that 2.thank god i dont pick up my keyboard and hop on here.lol
but ya the goal is 3 plus out of this 4x8 tent. doing so at less cost always sounds nice. also i wanna use 2 agromax full spectrum uv , and far red + other monos.im all ears man.what would you do if this was your tent???plan on running GG#4 and grapeape in a gorilla tent lol 8 plants rdwc
yea i was an led hater .but seeing whats going on now and living where i live(desert) these are my only future for now.thnks for you time and those like you.make this place one of the best site around

jikko77

t5 pure uv?, are the one you were talking about?
looks like a nice one.
not sure if this one is for real or just pre sales shit, but: AgroMax Pure UV lamps provide 75% UV-B, 25% UV-A, sound very interesting. (took from their web site).
i'm wondering if they are available in EU as well.

regarding your project, have you an idea on what you want? or do you know just the tent size?

i'm not talking on how many cobs you want to run, i'm talking about if it have to be a veg only pannel, a veg+bloom, if you want to get a particular effect/function and stuff like that.
there is some thinking on what to order and then get complementary adjustment with the monos.

@Dion, thanks for you kind word man, you've teach a lot to me :D, someday, i hope to smoke a joint with you!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Just a word - I emailed Jerry at KB directly, but it was answered by Vivi (?). She was very helpful, very customer satisfaction oriented. I never heard from Jerry at all - even after trying to make him a verified contact.

IronBackGorilla

yup 75%uvb 25%uva thats the sweet spot.wanna run them about 5 - ten mins a day.yea the 4x8 is goinng to be a flower room even though im going to veg round 1 in them.ima pick up some t5s and cfls to throw in a closet for the veggies.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Just a word - I emailed Jerry at KB directly, but it was answered by Vivi (?). She was very helpful, very customer satisfaction oriented. I never heard from Jerry at all - even after trying to make him a verified contact.

Viv is Jerry's assistant. After I contacted him directly, he had Viv handle everything else from that point.

jikko77

yup 75%uvb 25%uva thats the sweet spot.wanna run them about 5 - ten mins a day.yea the 4x8 is goinng to be a flower room even though im going to veg round 1 in them.ima pick up some t5s and cfls to throw in a closet for the veggies.

depending on what you want, i'm gonna advice for a 3000°k and, if you want to play with emerson effect an high cri one, 90 and over.
keep the pure uv on a different timer/circuit, imho.

the exposure to uvb light is different than the one suggested for the far red, you can keep them on for a longer period of time. mind to use them on a bloom phase, not early, as they can keep your plant very short and compact.
start with a short light on, then increase while the bloom advance, not sure why, but i did read to keep them on for a max of 4hr/day. (i'd like to test something on this matter).

if you want to place a couple of cob, for a vegetative purpose, there are some 4000°k with more than 18000 lm, but if i remeber correctly cutter had a 6500°k at 18000lm as well.
my personal choose has been: 5000°k 70 cri and 3000°90cri.

regarding cutter vs kingbright, more or less, the price are the same.
the only time i've tried to email with Vivi, she did confirmed a min order of 5 unit for led, while cutter doesn't.
for a "decent" order seems like kingbright are willing to do some discount, while cutter doesn't, or at lest not with my order ...

i've bought from cutter for the min. order requirement.