What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED and BUD QUALITY

smirnoff420

I wonder if one can make them move by themselves somehow? Maybe hanging them from strings from the ceiling in such a way that their own airflow will make them turn?

Like these things you put into childrens rooms, but with fans.

mobile_noun_002_23637.jpg

CocoNut 420

Fwiw since I started removing the grills from my oscillating fans I'm getting years from them with a little maintenance.

My most recent oscillating will be 2 yrs in Dec and my other I've had long enough to forget how old it is.

Removing the grill increases the airflow quite a bit and more importantly it eases the load on the shity plastic gears.

My fan runs 24hrs I think that might help the electrical side of things as it's not heating and cooling twice daily.

Scfarmer

Whilst we've gone a little off topic and mainly because I'm trying solve my mold problem, since I can't do much to get my humidity where it should be consistently on my current space.
Does anyone know of an air purifier that cleans surfaces, not ozone based i know the technology exists that basically breaks down water into H202 vapour, I just can't find a suitable product that won't break the bank. photohydroionization is one of those technologies.
Apparently safe for humans, animals and plants.
Atleast with one of these running throughout my grow there will never be an mold spores present to grow despite the conditions

Orange's Greenhouse

there will never be an mold spores present to grow despite the conditions
No it doesn't work like that. You will always have mold spores.

Even pharmaceutical standards of sterility say that there are less than 1 colony forming units per 100.000 units produced. Achieving that requires effort way beyong any cannabis operation. You can't even test for sterility.

greyfader

Whilst we've gone a little off topic and mainly because I'm trying solve my mold problem, since I can't do much to get my humidity where it should be consistently on my current space.
Does anyone know of an air purifier that cleans surfaces, not ozone based i know the technology exists that basically breaks down water into H202 vapour, I just can't find a suitable product that won't break the bank. photohydroionization is one of those technologies.
Apparently safe for humans, animals and plants.
Atleast with one of these running throughout my grow there will never be an mold spores present to grow despite the conditions
the habitat recruits. mold spores are always there. they only become a problem when they land on suitable habitat.

you must control the environmental conditions that create suitable habitat before you grow.

you can scrub the space clean, use h202 between grows, and the instant you bring in fresh air the spores will be present again.

one of the best old school control methods is to spray your plants twice weekly with neem oil. during veg only, spraying during flower will taint the flowers.

what this does is impart a systemic resistance that will continue past the cessation of spraying.

but really, the best approach is to control the environment first.

Scfarmer

the habitat recruits. mold spores are always there. they only become a problem when they land on suitable habitat.

you must control the environmental conditions that create suitable habitat before you grow.

you can scrub the space clean, use h202 between grows, and the instant you bring in fresh air the spores will be present again.

one of the best old school control methods is to spray your plants twice weekly with neem oil. during veg only, spraying during flower will taint the flowers.

what this does is impart a systemic resistance that will continue past the cessation of spraying.

but really, the best approach is to control the environment first.
Yea I fully understand that it's a habitat problem. The spores are always there settling on the flowers and only in he right conditions will that take hold.
However I know there are devices that go into ACs that will sterilise the air flowing through them . I found this product but im looking for a less commercial version

Scfarmer

No it doesn't work like that. You will always have mold spores.

Even pharmaceutical standards of sterility say that there are less than 1 colony forming units per 100.000 units produced. Achieving that requires effort way beyong any cannabis operation. You can't even test for sterility.
Good point, I will try using a dehumidifier sooner on the next run as well as some better house keeping in my room. Considering I've had humidity like this, a jungle and stupidly turned half the fans off/lowest setting my issue isn't too bad . Hopefully I can make it until finish time in a few weeks..
I switched at end of August and you can clearly see where I added the 315CMH and an Aircon a few days ago.

Scfarmer

Good point, I will try using a dehumidifier sooner on the next run as well as some better house keeping in my room. Considering I've had humidity like this, a jungle and stupidly turned half the fans off/lowest setting my issue isn't too bad . Hopefully I can make it until finish time in a few weeks..
I switched at end of August and you can clearly see where I added the 315CMH and an Aircon a few days ago.
Forgot to add my stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-09-22-20-55-448_com.xsense.security.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-09-22-20-55-448_com.xsense.security.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 4

Rocket Soul

Scf, id try a bunch of small low watts dc fans, i droves in between the pots or directed to the walls. You need under cannopy air movement, but since height restrictions wont allow you to lolipop a few oscillating fans (our solution ) wont work. So next best bet would be to move the air below in a sorta "diffused" way: get air moving while not flailing against leaves.

Could be tricky to setup if youre on water collecting trays wall to wall (fan sitting in runoff water unless you figure out something clever) and then when you think you have a good setup with plants in place you get a lighter (or maybe a candle or zippo lighter) and try to find youre dead air spots, where the flame is not flickering. Eliminate these dead air apots and go growing.

If you think about it a little : wheres the largest amount of water in your growspace? Sitting in pots. I learnt the hard way never to water my mint plants late in the evening or at night. Powdered mildew every time due to rh being really high around a wet pot in the cold. If i watered in the morning with a day of sun on the plants never a problem. And of course time your watering to start of light on.

This the thread where led growers help eachother like bros but i agree its time to get back to led bud quality (im also guilty of derailing lol)

Ca++

Pretty standard filtration will remove spores from the air. It's getting all the air done, that needs some thought. We can't usually have positive pressure on our spaces, so need to blanket them with clean air, so we know their is no dirty air to get.

It could get noisy, but we are not talking hepa grades to get the job done. It doesn't need to cost the earth