What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED AFTERGLOW

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
well sure, maybe go to details, how the cables work, and how much (? nF/km) is the difference along the way please

Orange's Greenhouse

it is all nice, but first of all do not learn from youtube to make electricians work, it is not a game, you can pay hard price for it.

and usually source of the problems are different to each situation, you can maybe solve the problem with the resistor, but you did not find the actual source of it.
Did you watch the video? This is not an electrician explaining how to fix a thing. It is an electrical engineer explaining why a circuit behaves a certain way and which design change is necessary.

The fix here, as many said, is to turn the plug in the socket.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
as i see, from the comments, none of you here told me the answer how the cables work as a capacitor, with how long distance from the nullpoint will able to generate the minimum amount of voltage that will ghostlight the leds constantly.

and as i told, solving the problem is not equal with correcting the source of error.

did you read the link i put here with kromagnons problem? error was the same but the solution was simply changing his old shit extension cord .. where is the polarity change in that situation?

Bona Fortuna

Veteran
as i see, from the comments, none of you here told me the answer how the cables work as a capacitor, with how long distance from the nullpoint will able to generate the minimum amount of voltage that will ghostlight the leds constantly.

and as i told, solving the problem is not equal with correcting the source of error.

did you read the link i put here with kromagnons problem? error was the same but the solution was simply changing his old shit extension cord .. where is the polarity change in that situation?
The efficiency of today’s LEDs allow any ‘trapped’ energy to power the lights. Long power cables act as a small capacitor, storing small amounts of energy. That small amount of energy will power certain LED lights under lights off conditions. LED’s don’t require much power to run…
The drivers SHOULD stop this from happening, but not every driver is the same.

Using a surge protector or a timer between the extension cord out of the wall and power cord of the LED helps with this issue somewhat. They interrupt the flow from the small amount of capacitance. Of course, I’m speaking from a US perspective. It sounds like y’all in Europe have some pretty neat outlets that can do things ours don’t.

Regarding Electroboom, his videos more or less highlight safety towards electronics and issues of dealing with household electronics, how electricity works towards the layman, and worst use cases that elucidate the dangers of electricity. Good videos, if you ask me.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
okay thanks, but i did not ask this :D

how much is the difference ( i would like to see something in the measure i gave .. nF/km), and how long cables from nullpoint will generate it.