What's new

Kona Cherry x Skunk #1 feminized

KingRalph

lookin forward to chop, cap'n! :canabis: yeah our konas are different, that kona gold i've only heard legends about... but man from what you describe, it's obvious they came from the same land of pele's volcano. it's why i had to use organics for these, to enhance these incredible smells. :yummy: we're definitely gettin spoiled with the mainland revival of these island strains eh :rasta:

hey sacko thanks for droppin in man, they are takin shape abouts now, the calyxes really protruding. wish you guys could smell all the different candies n fruit bowls happenin.

a pic from last week

Last edited:
G

hehe

hehe

couple things i found are they love light, micro/macros, N, and their space. Also, the kona gold, being n IBL Sativa, has not been outbred to reduce flower time, it flowers when it reaches maturity, and thats pretty much it. From the looks of it, your cross has handled that aspect well :rasta:

be well friend
im not sleeping AGAIN
join me? :friends:
:bigeye:
cj

KingRalph

more pics than halloween candy...

more pics than halloween candy...

alrighty i took a whole lotta pics the other day at day 60 from the switch. looks like a good amount of trichs are cloudy, some still clear. these will be coming down very soon anyway. without further ado...

the plants with practically no nitrogen left, mmm gonna be a smooth smoke. i tested some and it stank to high heaven like the kona parent.

many cola shots to give you an idea of variations...

sativas

some assorted closeups

can't forget the macros! :)

_
_ _

that's all for now, peace n green thumbs everyone :smoke:

G

HOLY FROSTBOMBS BATMAN!

3890CherrySkunk60days-macro5.jpg

BRO, SAVE ME THIS ONE...I WANNA EAT IT :p but yeah, the smoke will be super, good till the last drop :D
btw .....not yet :(
cj

KingRalph

yeah cap'n they've still more plumping and the sativas are really extending upward in cola still and will swell more later. i'll probably take down the tall phenos (half) in a week and have a dozen or so go another week if they're still swelling well. and you can't have any! you'll just hafta grow your own ;) ima hafta do somethin about the name soon huh... whaddya think about addin 'starburst' to the potentials list? humm, see ya 'round cap.

i just broke some of this up and got a whiff of cherry. nice this is the first time ive smelt it in a while, happy the trait carried through. it also reeks earthy to high heaven when burned, but unlike the other one i tested has the cherry aroma when broken up, even without a cure :) i will see how prevelant the cherry smell is in the final product when the other plants are dried.

the far sativas are still stacking more than an inch up of calyxes over the past week, nice hearty colas will be quite big when done. the tall phenos are really just plumping at this point, as they didn't alternate nodes much to begin with from the short veg. they would definitely benefit from a topping.

alrighty, hope yas enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
G

owwwwwwwww

owwwwwwwww

do the hustle :dance:

lookin schweeeeeeeeeeeet ralpho

can't wait to see them chop shots :D

...wishin i had a scratch n' sniff screen
cj

G

CaptainJack said:
do the hustle :dance:

lookin schweeeeeeeeeeeet ralpho

can't wait to see them chop shots :D

...wishin i had a scratch n' sniff screen
cj

X2

Let's see those chop pics Ralph, and some clean underwear..
Carry on

KingRalph

hey geys, sorry, been in a slight daze from the first half of harvest, mostly the largest 14 still remain, and are coming down later today. here's some shots of the first ones...

F

Father Time

Cool!

Cool!

soem nice buds ther mate, looks nice and solid.
Kind regards,Father Time :wave:

G

^ indeed. Mighty tasty looking buds there M8.
Good job Ralph.

Last edited:

KingRalph

hidey ho folks, finally makin an end-of-grow post :joint:

where to start... avg plant yield was only bout 14 grams each, mismanaged nutes with the organics hurt me a lil but i'll live ;) the second batch was cut at 9 wks from the switch to flower, so they did okay with the times... vegged to maturity then switched, we're lookin at 8-10 weeks tops. at 8wks only one had amber, at 9wks most had slight amber, but still plenty clear. the really sativas came through with nice long and fat colas. all much bigger than the kona cherry but still retaining a good amount of her qualities.

the plants with the most fruity smells turned out to have the most hints of cherry when broken up, these included the pineapple, lemon candy and others. ALL plants stank like the kona when smoked, some moreso than others... there's no regular skunk smoke here, just unmistakeable kona stank.

now the high... every time i hit this i can feel it seep into my head right after inhaling. whereas the kona was extremely light-headed, the skunk has balanced and deepened the head high to really warm the face and pump the temples. it is a very euphoric and social high, especially in high doses when your face is about to burst :kos: the kona has also increased the plateau above the skunk's and has so far removed the ceiling for smokin, tho because the skunk has added some heaviness to the head high (albeit stronger), it is possible to drain yourself a bit too much if overdone, even tho ya can still get higher. but at the beginning of that overdoing, it's quite the uppity time, a joint with harvest fingerhash was intense! in all this sativa smashing high there is no raciness, paranoia or anxiety, something i can get unpleasantly blindsided by with some other sativas. it met my need for potency, now i just need to flower out some ecsd n schrom to compare how many rungs this is below the really crazy sativas :yummy:

i'm a lover of sativas myself, and this fits the bill quite well for me. i'll likely do a large bed later on full of Sherry to really keep me stocked. i'll need to learnded me more from growdoc's great methods when i can :)

Baffled, i only have a couple hundred seeds left and can't make more like these.

one day early in flowering the light was on for an additional 2 hours at least woops, and one plant sprouted a single pollen sac at it's lowest node, and pollinated two nearby plants on their lowest branches, giving me about 7 viable seeds, second generation femzd, i think will probably carry more herm prevelance than i'd like. a similar light fiasco happened later in flowering with absolutely no ill effects, and not a single banana came out of any plant durin flowerin. also, the one plant i pulled that showed a single male flower at sexing, i messed with its light schedules, did some droughts, and it would not do anything but keep budding, showing no more hermaphroditism... i killed it anyway :sasmokin:

okay sorry for all the reading, it is a wrap up anyways right... on to the pics! freshly cut Sherry, i'll get some dry shots like before soon, this stuff is turning dark n golden...

i love macros

till next time, peace n green thumbs all :wave:

I've said it b4, but i'll say it again, Excellent. Absolutely loved this write up, not that you'll need encouragement, enjoy man!

F

Father Time

Well done your HIGHness,
thay sure do look purty,nice and tight, well see how thay go in the Oz Outdoors.
Kind Regards,Father Time :wave:

Mary Mary

Hi KingRalph,

Sorry I'm late. Just saw your harvest pictures. It looks like you will be out for a while, enjoying it.

Great Job!

All the best,
Mary

G

YES.

YES.

those colas look super my friend, keep the great work coming, can't wait to see what comes next hehehe.... anyway, i love that first pic you posted up there, real uniform look

hopin mine looks as nice as the creators....
K.R.Sherry day 1 of life--
5538sherrypeek-thumb.JPG

G

:laughing:
that one was put out of it's misery months ago....took a 5 foot plumet off the top o' the propagation nursery and was comatose for a week before we pulled the plug:D

i'll drop a few more into water later-on, ralphster:rasta:

can't wait to see...
:yoinks:NORTHERN LIGHTS x KONA CHERRY :yoinks:

c'mon....sneakpeak! :tongue: holdin out till bud pics?:D

what a great thread that deserved a good......
3890bump.gif

Last edited: