What's new

Kona Cherry x Skunk #1 feminized

G

Big Island Skunk ey

...also kinda feelin' Cherry Stankona or Sherry :chin:

at any rate this shit looks amazing, can't wait to get testers in the ground mah dayum self..... could use some kona smoke... our stash has recently dwindled to nothing, bout time.. we've been hoardin' the popcorn buds since 2002 :biglaugh:

great med i'm sure :yoinks:

that skunk #1 from sam the skunkman you used has gotta be up there with the nicest showings of skunk i've seen, please take a second to post another pic or 3 if you have them, i remember some really great close ups of the gooeyness, maybe you good up 'em for posterity :^D

I hold a Vintage Kona line, Kona Gold; Ralph, this incredible Big Island Cherry... stay tuned.............
:yes::yes:
cj

Last edited:
G

o yeah, a highly respected and world reknown breeder has a few of the kona gold beans coming so hopefully the chances of the strain surviving/getting out to the community are increased, if anyone can save a strain, it's this guy imho + his growing conditions are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for these plants, next best thing to the big island.....if not better :wink:
:friends:
be well..be green
cj

Brushtail

Cherry Blossom
Stank C
Cherry SK
Cherry Slyd
Shkunk #1
Very Cherry
Skunk Number Cherry (SNC)
Ok these names are just randomly from my head. :) Have a good one yall !

brushtail

G

nice!

nice!

brush said:
these names are just randomly from my head. :)
that's fine! lol so were mine!!! :spank:

Skunk Number Cherry :biglaugh: RIGHT ON!!!!

That one is friggin genious brush lol *bong* i hope people are reading this thread, i can't get enough of these bud pics, hope we see some more soon.......

King what the fuck man lol get your ass back here and weigh in on the matter :p

how bout a sneak peak at the shrapage? :wink:

at any rate get back to chat bozo lol, thanks for the idea annac lmao :bat:

be well
cj

Last edited:

HawaiianGrown

Aloha

Aloha

Aloha,

as I understand it, Cherry Kona is so named because of its colour in the bag.

I have some now and will take a few shots and show in a sec.

Good Weed and a good yield.

Good job dude.

See Ya

HawaiianGrown

Kona Cherry

Kona Cherry

Aloha,

Some just dried Kona Cherry shots.

Ralph, if ya lost your's just PM me.

but this is a 7 out of 10 in a land of 9.9's

KingRalph

thanks a bunch for stoppin in HawaiianGrown, i enjoy seein all the work you do in paradise and am constantly in awe of the fruits of your labor :canabis:

awesome to see ya've not only heard of the cherry kona but have it ta show also! i was startin to get worried for a while there, but i always had faith a disciple of paradise would show true what i only sampled there in my short stay. it was darker and much airier on the island, spaces between each calyxe, must've been in the shade, because what ya have there looks exactly like what i grew indoors, except i didn't have hawaii's volcanic soil, tho i'll not grow a hawaiian without organics :)

i'll agree with ya the cherry isn't knockout with it's potency, just spacey and happy to my likins more than enough to alleviate my head and indeed carry it higher, it was the cherry aroma that got me, and that distict smell when burned constantly made me crave it :yummy: i sure do miss it. i hear the hawaiian indica is incredible with its potency, and quite unique in aroma n taste as well. i have some moloka'i frosts i desperately need to germ, the last few i tried didn't crack, i will be much more diligent this time to do HaWyn's plants proud. i've always wondered what the other hawaiian strains were like, thankfully islanders like yourself are around to show us some island flavors n more :) catch up with ya in a bit HawaiianGrown... thanks again. and i strongly advise everyone to check out HawaiianGrown's amazin work with the island genetics!

more for the list to consider, thanks Brush :) Shkunk! for Austin Power's fahza! says the dutch Goldmember hehe

thanks for chimin in with name support wang n BadTicket, Big Island Skunk does have a good sort of classic ring to it :chin:

Capitan! my fellow mainland islander ;) dyin to see how the Kona Gold is doin. wankin computers hehe. those will definitely be a blast from the past n new to some. the meaning of the word vintage no doubt. F2s of those sure would be a blessing to the community... would offspring of such a strain even be considered f2's? hmm. can't wait to see the strain reborn man...

thanks for all the namin help... i'm new to such a thing, perhaps a poll would help. so far Sherry, Cherry Stankona (terry francona hehe) or just Stankona and Big Island Skunk really click... i'll give till flowerin ends for namin.

here's some more pictures... i'll have ones of the ladies this weekend...
first is a pic of the Kona Cherry's sister from back when i grew them out from the seeds... didn't exhibit enough cherry smell for me :)

Then the skunk #1

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy King Ralph, :wave: how the hell are ya?! I love this kind of stuff :woohoo: so i think ill be hangin' around for awhile.

bonz :wave:

KingRalph

hey Bonzo, i love this stuff too :joint: the smells have me longin to smoke em... 4 weeks or so away yet... glad ta have ya along for the ride

cheers Sleepy, no royalty here, like the horribly funny movie, just an american bumbling about amongst real respectables :smoke:

they're goin ta finish in the 1 gallon bags. these bags have their pros n cons... a dish at the bottom is needed to not make a mess. i just checked a couple days ago, and the tallest are only slightly rootbound so will be just fine in the 1gals... esp. bein single cola plants.

btw the tall pheno could easily be topped before or at the switch and would still give good multiple tops... the shorter sativas would not do as well if topped without further vegging. i wasn't plannin on veggin 3 weeks, only 2, which would have been better but certainly will have no adverse effects :) did so because they were takin a bit to sex (7-9th node) and start alternating nodes but could have saved time by transplanting earlier. from clones the tall pheno will be great direct to flower seeing as it's stretch was a good 3x, the tall pheno also cannot take as much nutes as the shorter sativas.

btw HawaiianGrown what are some of the hawaiian strains that rank in the 9's in your book, would love ta know, thanks :)

okay enough info, a couple more pics from 10 days ago... will get new ones today or tomorrow as it will be their 5th week from the switch i think, tho they didn't reach maturity to start flowering until a week after 12/12. the buds are swelling and trichs boomin... definitely denser than the kona, hope the potency is decent...

oh and another kona cherry shot, from after reveg under the HPS... definitely a big difference when not grown in full-spectrum light as the strain is used to, i also was just usin pure blend grow :p the seeds she pollinated herself will probably never be grown... but all these Sherry seeds i'll definitely not be able to grow on my own, bein feminized makes for a good way to get the most sweet bud ya need from seeds...

Last edited:
G

3890KonaCherrySister.jpg

lol this one didn't make the cut huh :wallbash:
:bashhead:
cj

KingRalph

5wks flowering

5wks flowering

alrighty 5wks of flowering passed and i got some pics from that day. the number of general phenos are limited, but the subtle variations therein give some great variety. though most have a strong citrus licquer smell with sweet undertones, one plant in particular smells very strongly and exactly of pineapple, and another like lemon lifesavers, more of a candy smell because of the kona cherry, which it also inherited the kona bud structure as well. the distinct spear shape to the bud is indicative of the kona's influence throughout the different phenos.

so on to the pics...

here is the pineapple...

and here is the lemon candy...

some pics of the sativa phenos...

some pics of the tall phenos...

and finally some closeups n macros...

thanks for stoppin by :wave: peace n green thumbs all

F

Father Time

Nice Ralphy

Nice Ralphy

looking real good Ralphy!
should be a lovely toke.
Kindest Regards,Father Time :wave:

G

:wave:
Awesome stuff! :yummy:
Ralph, i'm gonna need you in the chat tomorrow morning.. Or is it this evenin? Well with all the time difference it's hard to tell.
Same old bat time, and you know this maaan!

:kissass:

KingRalph

ahhhhh time warp! i dunno BadTicket, guess i'll just hafta chill in chat for a while ;)

thanks Father Time, if the high's not good enough i'll just sniff em all day n be just as happy :) the aromas are incredible, but seriously, high should be great daytime smoke, really lookin forward to the improvements over the skunk high. i may have accidentally broken a lower branch that's now drying :smoke: so i'll let ya alls know what sorta smoke we're dealin with soon. gonna try n get some updated pics tonight too.

harvest is only a couple weeks away... and the colas on the sativas are no joke! check back with ya all later, peace n green thumbs :wave:

KingRalph

howdy do an update for yas... buds are takin on mature shapes now with the calyxes starting to swell, i tested a little bit, was just a low branch nuglet but a couple dry hits did pretty well, and a great taste n smell came off the bud, pineapple schnaps anyone? well here are some nug shots, sorry for the poor camera, they'll be better next time. harvesting the tall quicker phenos in a couple weeks, i'll let those sativas fatten up. colas are much longer on them as they had ample time to alternate nodes unlike the quick ones. 2-3 weeks veg time looks good from seed, from clone directly to flower would be great.

the pics...

KingRalph

thanks for watchin mary, glad ya enjoyed...

here they are at 8wks since the flowering switch, 7wks since first signs of sex... lost a lil flowering vigour from running outta nitrogen early but finishing up nonetheless. got a lil slackish from runnin hydro only for so long woops hehe. i could definitely get them much larger. i smoked another sample... the unique earthy liquor stank smell that comes from burning the kona cherry has carried through nicely, it's good to have that smell back :yummy:

i'll be taking them down in a week or so, depends on what i see. may not run them again for a lil while as i have some apollo11, wc mr. nice, and ecsd to flower, but some other members might show us a lil sum'n sum'n ;) adios for now folks...

G

candy is dandy...

candy is dandy...

...but liquor is quicker

i know the smell well......

our Kona plants are different lines altogether, your's has it's perks, mine it's.
Never-the-less, they carry carry a similarity in that deliciously peculiar nose tingling, tear-jerking liquorness that strikes you when you least expect it. compliment that, with those earthy "Aloha" flavors and tropcal fruit you say has developed (maybe it was the skunk?) to boot, and DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Sexy Sexy Sexy Sexy Buds, i liek the look, they, for the most part, resemble the Kona, JUST FROSTIER!
i need to start me some Sherry Konas baby
FEM BIG ISLAND SKUNK!!!!!
:jump:
lookin forward to the chop shots, KingRalph.
cj

Latest posts

Latest posts