What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali Mist - DWC - 1400w

Andyo

Veteran
nice kali mist

nice kali mist

nice job mate ! When i kept KM mothers the cuttings vegged for 7 days in 6 inch hydroton pot on flood n drain still made 3ft had to grow them through 6 inch netting.They start leaning over the last 21 days of 12/12
also found they love a mixture of MH/hps added hps at 21 days on 12/12.

Andyo

Awesome
You know, maybe it's just coincidence, but the Kali that gets in contact with the 6500K and 3000K light seems to be prospering more. Both are MH but have a different color spectrum. The buds on that particular kali are forming quicker.
Maybe its just genetics or maybe theres something to this.

chaingmai

ummmmmmmmm...... uh oh i got a kali in veg now and she is about 22" tall . i have been waiting to flip until i take care of some room construction. AM i gonna end up with a 7 foot monster?? i would post a pic but i got no cam. The other prob is she is next to a bunch of other strains that probably wont stretch all that much. Mine looks pretty similar to yours, have you noticed how it looks kinda indica when she is young, then it seems those leaves spread and thin out to get a more sativa looking leaf structure as she gets older. Hey maybe ill just tie her down before she even starts stretching. I did that with some trainwreck on my last run. it seemed to almost stop the stretch. The trainwreck still yielded rather well to. _irie

oh also you are doing a hell of a job for your first run , she looks fantastic!!

Last edited:

hedphlegm

^

Thanks exactly what i'm noticing regarding the indica leaves when young which thin out during the stretch later.

Any new flowering pics?

thanks chaingmai,

yeah i was scared bout the indica looking leaves... but like hed said. they will start thinning out during flower.

and 22"... yeah i would say you're gonna get a 6 footer. top those girls if height is an issue.
i topped plenty of shoots and i still have height issues. or do some lst now!
i've done some lst, supercropping, and topping. and they are still hanging around 6 feet. thats without factoring in the bucket.

hed: ill post up some more pix in a couple days. but the girls have fattened up a tad since the last group of photos.

chaingmai

yeah im gonna just LST starting tomorrow . I have not toped her yet and i don't think i will just because im gonna flip the lights tomorrow . I have had bad luck topping so late in veg, it seems to negatively effect yield. Man i was not really planning on a 6 footer in there!! I am of the school that inside ladies should be no taller than 4 feet. I mean i have a good light footprint but i don't think it penetrates much past 4 feet from the glass. Oh well good thing i took some cuttings,ill just throw those into flower when there like 10 inches if she really stretches all that much. Live and learn

_Irie

Andyo

Veteran
Mh 3500 k

Mh 3500 k

Hey curbie ive always used Mh lamps for sativa and sativa dominant strains,
Mostly sylvania 3k 400 w and ms 1000w 3700k the same plants are 2ft shorter under mh as opposed to hps 20 yrs ive been growing.with mh .
Andyo

Yeah, i would stick to using just MH lighting... But next go around im switching to HPS because i'm going to get 4 lights... 600w each. 1000w each would be too much for my old house and i can not find 600w MH lights.

G

22 days flower curbie
i used metal halide 1000 watt last grow instead of my 600 watt hps and i yielded half the amount with the metal halide and they didnt want to finish...buy a horticulture bulb they are worth the money...i would use the metasl halide for the first three weeks than change to hps if i used metal halide at all or two hps lights to one mh

Last edited:
G

metal halide kali-mist

hps kali-mist they are same cut i have been growing for a few years now

Good to know, being i'm going to be getting those 600w HPS...
And yeah, i'm going to get Grolux bulbs. From what i read they are made specifically for horticulture.

Day 41 - Half way point?

Not the best pix... but it is getting more cumbersome to get good photos within the jungle... being im shooting blind.

In anycase, you'll notice a lot of dying tips and edges.
reason... maybe potassium, calcium, or manganese def?
or probably all because my PH have been dropping to 4.9 over night... The Kali's are taking up a lot of water.

It could be nute burn as well. Purple Maxx is pretty f'n strong. Makes the Kali's take up a lot of nutes.

The Jungle...

yeah, i wish i cloned the kali on the left in pic 1.... the "monster". she's fattening up quicker and more shoots. Kali 1 is a runt so im not surprised, but still, shoulda clone kali 2

G

harvest all but the bottom portion with a few popcorn buds...chop half the roots off and put her under 24 hrs light...reveg and clone