What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali Mist - DWC - 1400w

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Looking great!! Haha, I gave some KM seeds to a friend who also thought they dont stretch that much..last time I talked with him, lmao, he has 2m plants :D so some bondage probably does good to them..

G

you have started the bondage fantastic..it will not effect yield...they have another foot of stretch...this clone was flowered at 6 inches tall...40 days of veg you are going to be blessed with lots of bud...peace

Last edited:
Day 17

tallest shoot is @ 55", and its tied down.
even though the whole ordeal is a pain.
im kinda glad it happened. since i have been bending them left and right, side to side, and over lapping each other.
its opened up the middle of Kali 2 and the buds down @ the bottom are growing hairs fast.
i think i might get some good top colas and some decent bottom buds.
next grow im moving out of the closet for sure, though.
first grow. closet.
second grow. whole room w/ higher ceilings =)

Day 22

same feeding regimen
750-950

light feeders. Mostly water uptake
57% RH average. It ranges from 50 to 60. But its usually always at 56-57

I will be getting a dehumidifier in a month. So when it get near end of flower i will be set when its comes to humidity

Lot of nice bud sites.
Crystals are showing
lot of "bondage"
for my first go around. im quite pleased with the results.
will be foliar feeding Purple Maxx soon. I've seen some purple kali pix around ICMAG after using Purple Maxx. Let's see if i can get some nice colors
hope you enjoy

6 feet? just about

hedphlegm

Greetings,

I myself am growing some Kali, currently on day 13 in a Waterfarm, about 20 days total since planting seeds in rapid rooters (paper towel method for germination).

From what I've read, Kali stretches so much that flowering at 6-8 inches will give a four foot plant at finish. Mine are just about 6 inches tall and have been under 200w CFL (GH Flora 3-part nutes, 1/3 to 1/2 strength), which means I should move them to the 430w HPS in the next few days, the sooner the better.

Early on in your thread, you asked about whether your plants seemed to be the right size for their age. Based on my experience with a much lower intensity light, under which my initial growth was much faster (both seedlings in rapid rooters and afterwards when put in the Waterfarm) than what is apparent from your early photos.
I'm thinking your light was too strong and over saturated the plants at that early stage, plus the red spectrum and 5 foot distance from lights seemed to induce much more stretching in the young seedlings than I noticed in any of the 7 I germed (several lost due to quadrapedal catastrophe and bipedal accident).

Obviously your plants seemed to be ending up in good shape, but in the future you might gain some time and reduce early to mid veg stretch by opting for a CFL fixture&tube to keep plants compact with short internodal spacing for the first couple weeks. As an example, here are photos showing my seedlings just transplanted in the Waterfarm plus a photo of the same ones at just day 12 under 200w CFL. Considering the fact that I don't even have a ppm/ph meter, the difference probably doesn't have to do with nutes. That being said, today my plants did have some sick looking leaves, but already they're looking better after flushing and raising the lights back to 8-10 inches from the cfl.

BTW - Great job so far. You're getting some beasts. Please keep the updates coming!

Kali Mist transplanted in rapid rooter from humidome/tray to Waterfarm

Day 12

Day 12 - Side View of Kali Mist, 5" tall (hope they're girls!)

Last edited:
hed:
thanx for the advice.
i peeped your thread. you got some nice kali's. definately looking better than mine at day 12. i will take your advice on the next grow and keep em up floros during early veg.
i woulda done this intially but i needed the extra lights to heat up the room and i was too broke to even buy cheap flouros.
but next go around i will be getting some new wave t5s for early veg and cloning.

ill be keeping at eye on your progress.

Grownz
thanks.
and i was going to scrog... but some people adviced it wouldn't be a good idea to do so from seed.
and i did end up with 2 males at the end... so untangling all those males woulda been a bitch. i wish i woulda topped more though. next grow i will top more, and on my third, after i take clones, imma start scrogging

but next grow will be in another room with heigher ceilings and more grow area. so, 5 footers shouldn't be a problem. i dont think i should go up to 6 again though. maybe just once =). i will be running 4-600w for 12 Kali's.

I guess we'll see in a couple months, eh?

and yes. they put on a good stretch!
in 22 days, they stretched about 40-45 inches. it seems they are slowing down now, though.

update will be up in a week.

Day 27

i guess i just want to say, excuse all the bad photo's
i can't go over the Kali's without burning up or burning my head on the lamp
plus the Kali's are bent out of the closet so they don't burn from the lamp.
so i have to take pictures blindly. no f stop corrections or focusing. Just hoping the camera does all the work...

in any case

i am foliar feeding (1/2 recommended dosage) of Purple Maxx right now
i cut the nutes down to 400ppm. I was up at 500 and tips were burning. Not bad. But i lowered the ppm.

in anycase. this is my first grow so i don't know if the crystalization is from purple maxx or just from the genetics. but im happy with what im getting so far with the purple maxx. Hopefully it purps up. that would be a bonus.

Nutes:
Floranova Bloom
Liquid Karma
Hydroguard
Hygrozyme

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hell yea we got some buds now!!!! great job dude, kept em in control as much as possible. kudos f sho. I'll be around from now on. peace.
-N.Kron

hedphlegm

Man look at all those colas. Can't wait for the branches to fill out, like those certain tribes in Africa that wear neck rings all up and down. Whoever said the new Kali doesn't have enough sativa character should just look at the long slender fingers on these ladies!

Day 32

if you look @ the pics you will some burnage.
thats caused by the purple maxx
if you want to use PM. definitely cut your nutes back as they suggest.
i'm using 1/4 strength PM (foliar) and cutting my nutes by 1/2.
They suggest cut nutes to 1/3 @ full strength PM.
if i go over 550ppm it burns.
my kali's are nute sensitive so it doesn't surprise me that they burn so easily as low dosages.

My Kali's have a very lemony smell. a hint of spice. an undertone of skunk. i read these pheno's aren't the best but they're still good. so no need to complain.
the odor is non existent unless i disturb them. Which is cool.

here's a couple pics. they are stacking up nicely.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
Oh, Lovely..... :lurk: day 36 'eh?

How long these babies usually go????

Can't WAIT for some cure shots.....

Great job curbiechris!!!!!!

:joint: I smoke to your grow....

Grownz

Kali mist is on my shopping list for sure! Nice ladies! I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but did you take some clones?

not this time.
this was a test. see if i could actually grow.
that's why i did it in the closet. i knew it was going to be a small grow. (well... it didn't become so small, huh?)
i have 8 seeds left

out of the 7 i planted (2 male... 2 i uprooted because i had two in two buckets at one point and 1 that died right after sprouting)

but, they are very uniform. so next time i am definitely cloning. and im sure i will be getting something very similar to what i have gotten now. which isn't a bad thing.
and i am prepared on how to treat these girls. so better results!!

hedphlegm

looking great! My Kali's are in third day of 12/12, but no buds yet.

Did you prune those plants much? Just wondering 'cause i'm new to all this.

Latest posts

Latest posts