What's new

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She was an absolute joy to grow @dubi, very easy both indoors and outdoors. The outdoor plant was a clone, taken on April 29th when the indoors plant from seed was already well into (33d) flowering. She had (and needed) a lot of time to reveg, first indoors in a small room with natural daylight and an additional small lamp, then outdoors. I topped 3 of her branches early, so she grew to a very nice plant with 11 fairly equal branches in 15L soil, about 95 cm total height. I had to feed her more than expected, probably because all the rain flushed the soil several times.
I had to harvest her on Oct. 1st, on day 45 since first pistils appeared. This is at 48°N. I'd say she was ripe enough and within the harvest window, judging from trichomes and terpenes, which were at peak. She could have gone longer for sure, but the weather has been absolutely miserable all September and the outlook for the next 2 weeks was even worse. But it was very encouraging to see how well she handled the windy, cold and wet weather. I figure if she could be brought to ripeness under these exceptionally bad conditions this year, I have the option of a lot more genetics on my balcony for the next years. But eventually, when I saw small spots of powdery mildew for the second time, I decided to harvest. Yield was high for a Kali China plant, I now have 11 sticks of buds drying. I didn't even harvest the whole plant as that is more than I can keep and need anyway.

Here are a couple of quick shots right before harvest

View attachment 19077547 View attachment 19077548 View attachment 19077549 View attachment 19077550 View attachment 19077551 View attachment 19077552

She indeed produced quite decent yield for a KC @Common Sense :) It's always interesting to grow both indoors and outdoors same clone to get a broader picture of the genetics.
It made sense not to delay the harvest and avoid letting most of the plant go into October with the bad weather.

This beautiful Lady was felled today, ex Hurricane Kirk is on the way and I think they are fully ripened.They smell wonderful. Thank you for this beautiful Cross, Dubi. View attachment 19080477 View attachment 19080478 View attachment 19080481

She really finished great and ripe enough to my taste @toltschok :D beautiful dark purple colors with chunky dense buds of decent flower leaf-ratio Thanks to you for sharing your experience with us. Please, get back to us in a couple of months with a smoke report!

Congrats on your harvests, enjoy guys 🥰

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the insight @dubi Kalichina has been holding on like a true champ!! And seeing all this beautiful pictures of my fellow brothers I am hopeful it will finish, she just had rain practically 80% of the days since flowering!! And cold cold temperatures going down to 1-2 C . At night, really really a champion!! I am at 48N and the buds are wispy of course because of the awful conditions but I think this has helped her not to rot in the rain. I will upload a few pics from yesterday and if she manages to survive this week of full rain and storms maybe the next one is supposed to be dry for a bit of a finish at the last week of October, lets see!! Fingers crossed 🤞🏽. Good harvest everyone!! View attachment 19081462 View attachment 19081463 View attachment 19081465
Hi @Green Zenit looks approx at half flowering. Did she survive the week of rains ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran