What's new

Joe Biden Thread

Klompen

The most important thing to remember when draining a swamp is to keep water from running in from elsewhere and filling it all back up again. Trump has just replaced one set of swamp creatures with another; which is what US presidents do unfortunately.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think iit would be nice if we had an accurate picture of how deep and wide the swamp actually is.

It is so bad it is really easy to find yourself on a conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

No doubt lots of slime all around.

'Boogieman'

The largest transfer of weather from the public to the 1% in history?

Look it up.

Lowest unemployment, wages were rising, people were happier with their financial situation under Trump. If Democrats win taxes go up and the rich will find a way to pass the cost on to the middle class like they always do. Not to mention massive job layoffs and stagnant growth.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Lowest unemployment, wages were rising, people were happier with their financial situation under Trump. If Democrats win taxes go up and the rich will find a way to pass the cost on to the middle class like they always do. Not to mention massive job layoffs and stagnant growth.

Cooperations like to hold jobs over people's heads. Fact is. The economy is driven be consumers. They know if they lay people off they have less sales.

What really fucks shit up is these credit bubbles they build. They give people jobs with shitty wages and offer them credit. Then lay people off. Blame it on someone else and repossess everything. And the cycles starts over.

med4u

Veteran
I think there is disagreement in the definition off “swamp”.
To many people, many of trump’s cabinet and high level appointees are swamp creatures.

I would disagree Trump has kicked more cabinet members to the curb than most any other prez....
He has also exposed and booted some scumbags from obamas
Corrupt intelligents agencies...not all but its a start

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I would disagree Trump has kicked more cabinet members to the curb than most any other prez....
He has also exposed and booted some scumbags from obamas
Corrupt intelligents agencies...not all but its a start

They people he has appointed might has well have been chosen by satan himself. Wtf

med4u

Veteran
Cooperations like to hold jobs over people's heads. Fact is. The economy is driven be consumers. They know if they lay people off they have less sales.

What really fucks shit up is these credit bubbles they build. They give people jobs with shitty wages and offer them credit. Then lay people off. Blame it on someone else and repossess everything. And the cycles starts over.

*Theres more to the economy than just consumer
Spending.... its a little more complex
Perhaps the biggest forces that drive the U.S. economy are supply and demand. ...Gross Domestic Product. ...Rate of*Inflation*and Deflation. ...Trade Policy. ...Federal Budget. ...Fed Rates. ...The Stock Market

med4u

Veteran

St. Phatty

He had appointed science deniers in almost every position.

On an almost daily basis he lowers environment regulations and opens up protected lands for mining and exploiting.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks-list.html

And that is just the planet. He is actually destroying lots of other stuff too.

I have been using buckets of raked leaves to build the soil around my fruit trees.

Would love to sell some of those buckets to Yuppies in Suburbia land, could probably get $10 a packed bucket.

Leaves raked from the forest, just like Trump recommended.

though actually from a fire point of view, leaves are the easiest thing to have on fire. they don't actually need to be raked.

It's the 1000 pound accumulations of dry wood that a homeowner or fire-fighter can't put out with a bucket of water that need to be removed.