What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just moved about 1000 pounds of carbon away from the wood fence, to the Kiln area, so it can't light the house on fire.

Wish someone here at ICMag could hook me up with Goldman Sachs for some carbon credits. :)

I know a soil scientist that runs a compost facility that does not like to talk publicly about their CO2 generation. About 2500 tons a day, when they average 3000 truck-loads a day coming in.

If they had to pay for the carbon emissions on their compost, they'd go out of business.

I think in the long run, CO2 from composting will be exempted from the carbon police.

On the other hand, there really is some money to be made there. Hook me up Baby ! !

This is the part where I sit at my desk for an hour. Then I go in the bathroom and de-tick. I can feel one on my knee right now.

Caught a tick yesterday and fed it to a bird.
As you mentioned earlier, it is an easy thing to collect fuel from that off-gasing. Human society has become inept and stupid, especially those who cluster in cities and need jobs to make them functional.

St. Phatty

As you mentioned earlier, it is an easy thing to collect fuel from that off-gasing. Human society has become inept and stupid, especially those who cluster in cities and need jobs to make them functional.

Depends on the definition of "easy".

The facility that I got an in-depth tour of, is very careful about public statements regarding their CO2 emissions.

At the same time, beneath the floor of the facility - 22 acres of recycled concrete - there is a landfill that generates Methane, which is pumped to a nearby facility that generates about 2.5 Megawatts a day, from burning the methane.

Simple, but not easy. And the machines that build it ? Run on Diesel.

Hempy McNoodle

ERWuIAFFscZV.jpeg

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on the definition of "easy".

The facility that I got an in-depth tour of, is very careful about public statements regarding their CO2 emissions.

At the same time, beneath the floor of the facility - 22 acres of recycled concrete - there is a landfill that generates Methane, which is pumped to a nearby facility that generates about 2.5 Megawatts a day, from burning the methane.

Simple, but not easy. And the machines that build it ? Run on Diesel.
as i noted diesels can run on natural/crude gas quite 'simply'

St. Phatty

There is an Intersection of Humanity - the darker side - and the Climate & Environment that tends to "rear its ugly head", especially in California during the summer.

A few miles North of the burn footprint/ scar from the 300 square mile 2018 Redding fire, somebody set -3- or 4 A few miles North of the burn footprint/ scar from the 300 square mile 2018 Redding fire, somebody set -3- or 4 spot fires recently.
FWLG_cZaQAIN4tS

Looks like 4 to me, but the CAFireScanner said it was 3.

I could list similar incidents in Oregon, New Jersey (at the hands of the US military) etc.

I only spend so much time reading the news, so I am limited on the amount of insane behavior I read about. :cool:

However if I had to guess, whoever started those 3 or 4 spot fires near Shasta, probably had legitimate beefs - that may be similar to my own beefs. They just have a Hot way of expressing themselves.

Hempy McNoodle

There is an Intersection of Humanity - the darker side - and the Climate & Environment that tends to "rear its ugly head", especially in California during the summer.

A few miles North of the burn footprint/ scar from the 300 square mile 2018 Redding fire, somebody set -3- or 4 A few miles North of the burn footprint/ scar from the 300 square mile 2018 Redding fire, somebody set -3- or 4 spot fires recently.
FWLG_cZaQAIN4tS

Looks like 4 to me, but the CAFireScanner said it was 3.

I could list similar incidents in Oregon, New Jersey (at the hands of the US military) etc.

I only spend so much time reading the news, so I am limited on the amount of insane behavior I read about. :cool:

However if I had to guess, whoever started those 3 or 4 spot fires near Shasta, probably had legitimate beefs - that may be similar to my own beefs. They just have a Hot way of expressing themselves.

These are terrorism related. Political.

Three Berries

FWs1HW_aUAAhNBW

Peter Clack

@PeterDClack
·
16h

This is Plymouth Rock. It has lain here for 400 years. It was exposed to the oceans in 1620 & is in the exact same spot today. Oceans have failed to rise the few centimetres need to cover the rock with seawater. This is a clear message about how little earth's oceans are rising.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
FWs1HW_aUAAhNBW

Peter Clack
@PeterDClack
·
16h

This is Plymouth Rock. It has lain here for 400 years. It was exposed to the oceans in 1620 & is in the exact same spot today. Oceans have failed to rise the few centimetres need to cover the rock with seawater. This is a clear message about how little earth's oceans are rising.
If you take a photo at low tide there is even less water! I have seen pictures of it completely dry. The water hasn't risen enough to cover it, but sea levels have risen about 20cm since 1880, so not enough to cover the rock. Maybe by late this century, at high tide, but I have no idea how big the rock is.

St. Phatty

California's first sizeable fire of the year, started on July 4 - probably by fireworks - at a public campground.

Electra fire is in the footprint of the 2015 Butte fire.

professional fire-fighter-speak ==>
"For the most part, the Butte Fire left a mess. A lot of dense live oak-dominated woodlands, with a significant manzanita and toyon component, burned in the fire. The toyon and oak resprouted and the manzanita germinated. Now there’s a lot of waxy-leafed live fuel with a lot of dead material from the ground to about 8 feet high. The best thing for that ecosystem would a good re-burn under the right conditions, but there’s just way too many structures and private land in the area to let that happen.

I am interested to see if the fire managers will be able to stop the eastward spread of the fire, before it hits the confluences. The Mokelumne River drainage is super steep with lots of chaparral type species. It’s a lot like the Cosumnes River to the north, where last year’s Caldor Fire started. If it gets to the confluence of the North and Middle Forks, then the South Fork, it would start running up a few different steep canyons with several communities at risk sitting above and between the forks. If it gets past West Point, it’s on to a lot of SPI industrial timber ground…and things haven’t been going so well for SPI plantations since the Rim Fire."

St. Phatty

No one can tell you what the CO2 limit should be.......

But it appears to be a dead issue with current events.

American "news" Media discussion of "Climate Change" is VAGUE.

Higher CO2 affects Pot Growers, farmers - anybody who runs a manufacturing process where CO2 is a significant input.

Same for wildfires. Bigger piles of Combustible fuel, every single year, combined with Wind Events.

I think the Wind Events are fairly normal, but it's hard to get historical weather data.

Why starting in 2017 did California New Mexico etc. start getting torched, abnormally so ?

That affects people. If I drive in California, I better have a Mattress in the back of the truck, because the motels are filled with wildfire refugees, and other people who couldn't find housing.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Afterwards the climate festival with our Greta.As you can see very sustainable.
stoned (2).gif

20220627_194403.jpg

When something is out of line with the narrative.
20220710_085550.png

Cannavore

Veteran
corporate america thanks you for being a corporate cuck. meanwhile, im sure you support the dutch farmer protest. (anyone with half a brain can see the hilarity in this).

Latest posts

Latest posts