What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

ICMag.com & The Vault Contest - August 2024

Littleleaf

Veteran
Best advice.

How to make canna budder so strong. A teaspoon of it would put you down for hours n hours. Were you could only contemplate your existence.

Funny pot story.

1989 Roso Mn. at the fairgrounds. Weed was next to imposable to find when working the show. I moved and ran the Superloop. A 60' tall giant ring with a 20-passenger train. We just came from Blackduck Mn. on a circus jump. (set up, play all day. tare down, move to next town and set up) While in Blackduck we were gifted a few buds of Northern lights. First time ever seeing it or smoking it.

We got to Roso and set up and was done for the night. 2am. We climbed to the top of the Superloop. To set the flags up on top. Again it's 60' up in the air and it's only 24" wide. Fired up the J and then watched two local jackboots. (didn't see them when going up) Going from stick joint to stick joint. (game tents) Sniffing the air.... and talking to each other. Saying "I can smell it, can you? yes but where is it coming from. " We finished the J and watched them wander all around the show for a good 20 minutes. They never found us.

They never looked up. :pointlaug

We hadn't been that high ever from weed on the show. Most weed that did show up that far north was nasty brick.

It WAS tough climbing down that stoned and tired.

Fav pot

northern lights, trainwreck, Bubblegum, C99 Ray Davy's cut, and Sour bubble.

DenverVaultBoy

Dear ICMag users,

We’re thrilled to announce our latest contest here at ICMag! In partnership with THE VAULT, we’re giving you the chance to win some nice seeds and premium forum access!

🎉 Contest Details:
  • How to Enter: Answer ONE of the following questions:
    What is the best grow advice you ever got? (or)
    Which is your best/funny short story from when you were high? (or)
    Which are 5 favorite cultivars of yours?
  • Deadline for Entries: Sunday, 1st of September 2024 (2 weeks from now)
  • Who can play: Any ICMag user registered before 18 August 2024
  • How Winners Are Chosen: Totally random from the valid entries!
🏆 Prizes:
  1. 3 packs x 5 seeds of your choice from Phoenix Seeds, perfect for your next grow!
    6 months of "Premium user" access to ICMag, that allows you to check all premium areas of the forum (VIP Lounge, Exclusive Grow Area, Trading Post & ICMag Archive)
  2. 2 packs x 5 seeds of your choice from Phoenix Seeds, perfect for your next grow!
    6 months of "420club" access to ICMag, that allows you to check some of the premium areas of the forum (VIP Lounge & ICMag Archive)
  3. 1 pack x 10 seeds of your choice from Phoenix Seeds, perfect for your next grow!
    6 months of "420club" access to ICMag, that allows you to check some of the premium areas of the forum (VIP Lounge & ICMag Archive)

View attachment 19050116
Let’s celebrate our shared passion for cultivating the best cannabis possible! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your experiences and possibly win some amazing prizes.
Thank you @The_Vault_Cannabis_Seeds for sponsoring this, you can check their vendor subforum here: https://www.icmag.com/forums/the-vault-cannabis-seed-store.85/ & their website here: https://www.cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk/breeders/phoenix-cannabis-seeds .
The best grow advice I ever got came from my mentor, BOG. I met him for the first time at Denver Cannabis Cup 2013. I had studied and admired him from afar, but that year I was privileged enough not only to shake his hand but to get him to sample my signature strain, Smurphberry Jam (NL x BB SBx2). He toked from my personal bubbler, taking two deep hits. After he handed me the piece back he remarked, "maybe I've just been on the road for too long, but that's some strong stuff you're packing" I had to fight with myself not to giggle like a school girl at the compliment.

He gave me his personal email for future orders after I purchased a pack of everything he had available, from then on my admiration of him continued to grow as I distributed his seeds and studied his techniques.

He's the one who taught me that properly formulated soil would always be better than hydro/aero, that trace compounds in the soil can have a vast effect not just on the growth of the plant but on its flavor and potency. Which brings me to his most important piece of advice.

"If you properly prepare the soil, and water as needed, the plant will be perfectly capable of taking care of itself." I spent years contemplating and trying to achieve this balance, and when I did, I cried tears of joy. My yields, flavor, and potency all improved far more than I could have predicted. My story has many chapters, but I regard this one as the most important, when I was able to study at the feet of a true master.

Attachments

• BOGtokesmurphberryjam1.jpg
    BOGtokesmurphberryjam1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • BOGtokesmurphberryjam2.jpg
    BOGtokesmurphberryjam2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • sbjharvestdaycloseup.jpg
    sbjharvestdaycloseup.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 36

Knop

What is the best grow advice you ever got?
* the secret of success is the secret

Which is your best/funny short story from when you were high?
* I hallucinated at 4 in the morning, my uncles came to help me, I wanted to jump out of the building's window. Everything seemed like a lie, I felt like I was part of a movie

Which are 5 favorite cultivars of yours?
* Tom hill Haze
Neville haze
Zamal
Thai stick
Golden Tiger

el mani

Veteran
The best advice was “keep your seeds safe...”

Funny story, when we were young we used to get together and smoke with a good group of friends, one of them had some great weed..... One of my buddies was very upset because he had to take his mother to the city,
two of my more altruistic buddies and I suggested that we accompany him on such an uncomfortable mission, so we got into the car and set off… everything went well and we arrived at our destination just in time… without his mother…

I still laugh when I remember

My top five, Nl#5hz, O79A5, Durban, SSH and Congo although these tend to vary

Latest posts

Latest posts