What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
uh...better alternators? /s
seriously, an ignition coil provides high enough voltage for the electrolysis of water.
powered by batteries and an alternator to recharge them plus maybe step-up transformer...but i'm just speculating. every one knows there is no free energy (except plasma from space) and every component uses energy to produce and run them.

GenghisKush

Problem: Zookeepers are being befouled by Penguins, who can projectile shit with surprising range.

Analysis: Projectile motion, sure. Correct for viscous drag through air, why not? Calculate the hydrodynamics of viscous penguin shit within penguin ass and estimate the pressure therein as a function of viscosity? Awesome. Estimate the corresponding distance a human being could shit if his ass were as highly pressurized as a penguin's? Thank you.

1699986179575.png

1699986241189.png

Results:

1699986123370.png

Full text:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
uh...better alternators? /s
seriously, an ignition coil provides high enough voltage for the electrolysis of water.
powered by batteries and an alternator to recharge them plus maybe step-up transformer...but i'm just speculating. every one knows there is no free energy (except plasma from space) and every component uses energy to produce and run them.

here's the result of speculation. it doesn't require high voltage but high amps. most effective voltage between 2 and 3 volts.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I thought I made that concession already, but you're correct...no free lunch...yet.
perhaps a contraption like Teslas Wardencliff tower could prove otherwise.
there is a huge amount of energy between the earth and its upper atmosphere that Tesla was about to tap into.

How much solar energy hits the top of the atmosphere?

At Earth's average distance from the Sun (about 150 million kilometers), the average intensity of solar energy reaching the top of the atmosphere directly facing the Sun is about 1,360 watts per square meter, according to measurements made by the most recent NASA satellite missions.

How much solar energy is lost in the atmosphere?

How Solar Energy Works. About 30 percent of incoming solar radiation is reflected out into space and plays no role in Earth's climate system. Of the remaining 70 percent, 23 percent of incoming solar radiation is absorbed in the atmosphere, either by water vapor, atmospheric particles, dust and ozone.

How much solar energy is on the Earth's surface?

The Sun is the major source of energy for Earth's oceans, atmosphere, land, and biosphere. Averaged over an entire year, approximately 342 watts of solar energy fall upon every square meter of Earth. This is a tremendous amount of energy—44 quadrillion (4.4 x 1016) watts of power to be exact.

uncaptured and unused free energy.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I thought I made that concession already, but you're correct...no free lunch...yet.
perhaps a contraption like Teslas Wardencliff tower could prove otherwise.
there is a huge amount of energy between the earth and its upper atmosphere that Tesla was about to tap into.

How much solar energy hits the top of the atmosphere?

At Earth's average distance from the Sun (about 150 million kilometers), the average intensity of solar energy reaching the top of the atmosphere directly facing the Sun is about 1,360 watts per square meter, according to measurements made by the most recent NASA satellite missions.

How much solar energy is lost in the atmosphere?

How Solar Energy Works. About 30 percent of incoming solar radiation is reflected out into space and plays no role in Earth's climate system. Of the remaining 70 percent, 23 percent of incoming solar radiation is absorbed in the atmosphere, either by water vapor, atmospheric particles, dust and ozone.

How much solar energy is on the Earth's surface?

The Sun is the major source of energy for Earth's oceans, atmosphere, land, and biosphere. Averaged over an entire year, approximately 342 watts of solar energy fall upon every square meter of Earth. This is a tremendous amount of energy—44 quadrillion (4.4 x 1016) watts of power to be exact.

uncaptured and unused free energy.
That would make my solar panels 100% efficient as they are about 340w each and are a square metre each.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
solar panels are only about 20% efficient. they are incapable of more than 40%.
they may receive 340 watts, the rest is wasted, mainly heat.

1700326848916.png