What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I have no idea how it works but I did read Yamaha is going to partner with Toyota and a v8 is in the works and the article said they are trying acid and zinc to make the gas.
wow. acid and zinc make a very dangerous gas HHO. OxyHydrogen.
I almost blew my garage up once using hydrochloric acid and aluminum because i didn't use a bubbler correctly. the reactor exploded as i was lighting the gas. spooky.

brickweeder

I have no idea how it works but I did read Yamaha is going to partner with Toyota and a v8 is in the works and the article said they are trying acid and zinc to make the gas.
at least with electrolysis you have the H and O coming from different electrodes so they can be kept separate....not sure if that is possible with a simple acid zinc reaction....plus who want to drive around with a tank of acid beneath them?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
batteries and an alternator, much like combustion engines right now I would think.
How do you charge the batteries? Calling it zero emission is a load of BS, the electricity has to come from somewhere and ALL sources emit gasses even nuclear (you have to mine it which uses diesel, then refine it which uses electricity most likely coming from coal or gas).

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
well yeah, but every type engine takes energy to build, fuel, and maintain.
the zero emission is misleading af.
but in this case it appears they are talking about exhaust from the burning of hydrogen and ignoring energy it takes to build....
once the engine starts it provides its own electricity as i said charging battery and providing spark. they are making the case of zero CO2...isn't that the holy grail of these inventions?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
well yeah, but every type engine takes energy to build, fuel, and maintain.
the zero emission is misleading af.
but in this case it appears they are talking about exhaust from the burning of hydrogen and ignoring energy it takes to build....
once the engine starts it provides its own electricity as i said charging battery and providing spark. they are making the case of zero CO2...isn't that the holy grail of these inventions?
That describes a free energy device, you can't get out more energy than you put in, how can the alternator generate enough electricity to make the hydrogen to run the engine to run the alternator let alone drive the thing around?

Latest posts

Latest posts