What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

acespicoli

1689739734124.png

acespicoli

1689741216992.png

People have this picture in their head of a woman running around ragged in a pee-stinking home with a bathrob on and curlers in her hair, with cats weaving in and out of her ankles and climbing up her sagging pantyhouse. The visual is awesome (I wish I could draw!), but probably not accurate 99 percent of the time.

I have two cats at home and I’m single, and while they might not be helping (one look at my Facebook timeline and it’s safe to assume that any of my friends who aren’t huge animal lovers have probably “hidden” me), I really don’t think it’s the cats that are keeping the guys from beating down my door.

You know what I think? I think they’re intimidated. Because I’m an ambitious, strong person who knows what I like, what I want and what makes me happy. I’m cute, smart and funny. I have a good job with an office and a fancy-schmancy title. And my world revolves around my cats. So if that makes me crazy, sign me up for the loony bin … but only if I can bring Pimp and Moo.

acespicoli

Finally, in a disturbing finding, researchers reported that you may even become infected with T. gondii oocysts by touching the keypad of an ATM.

1689764282786.png

Reports of 30-80% of humans currently infected
There is also evidence that T. gondii can be sexually transmitted in humans.
1689765585644.png

Alot of bizzare info in that article... cant unread it CAUTION :D

Last edited:

acespicoli

Schizophrenics aren't the only ones who see the concave face — people who are drunk or high can also 'beat' the illusion. A similar disconnect between what the brain sees and what it expects to see may be occurring during these drug-induced states.

Note that T. gondii antigen is also present within the cytosol of the host neurons. Cysts can contain dopamine (or its immediate precursor),

1689766496317.png

1689766799253.png

1689766843170.png

Last edited:

acespicoli

1689774604731.png

1689774939085.png

1689774963640.png

As if there wasn’t enough evidence to show that ancient Egyptians are history’s most enthusiastic cat lovers, a feline frenzy was found inside a 4,500-year-old tomb recently discovered in the Saqqara necropolis on the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt’s Ministry of Antiquities announced on Saturday.

Inside the tomb, archaeologists found dozens of mummified cats, 100 gilded wooden cat statues, and a bronze statue representing the goddess of cats, Bastet

Bastet was also depicted as the goddess of protection against contagious diseases and evil spirits.
1689800271618.png

Bastet in her late form of a cat-headed woman (rather than a lioness) holding an ankh and sistrum
Its name in the ancient Egyptian language was sekhem (sḫm) or sesheshet (sššt) because of the sound it made when it rattled.

1689800143477.png

Attachments

• 1689774998478.png
    1689774998478.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 32

acespicoli

Modern cases​

To date, there is only one documented case of a candiru entering a human urethra, which took place in Itacoatiara, Brazil, in 1997.[14][15] In this incident, the victim (a 23-year-old man known only as "F.B.C.") claimed a candiru "jumped" from the water into his urethra as he urinated while thigh-deep in a river.[16] After traveling to Manaus on October 28, 1997, the victim underwent a two-hour urological surgery by Dr. Anoar Samad to remove the fish from his body.[15]

In 1999, American marine biologist Stephen Spotte traveled to Brazil to investigate this particular incident in detail. He recounts the events of his investigation in his book Candiru: Life and Legend of the Bloodsucking Catfishes.[17] Spotte met Dr. Samad in person and interviewed him at his practice and home. Samad gave him photos, the original VHS tape of the cystoscopy procedure, and the actual fish's body preserved in formalin as his donation to the INPA.[18] Spotte and his colleague Paulo Petry took these materials and examined them at the INPA, comparing them with Samad's formal paper. While Spotte did not overtly express any conclusions as to the veracity of the incident, he did remark on several observations that were suspicious about the claims of the patient and/or Samad himself.
1689801246423.png

1689801265392.png

1689801298503.png

Candiru (Vandellia cirrhosa), also known as cañero, toothpick fish, or vampire fish, is a species of parasitic freshwater catfish in the family Trichomycteridae native to the Amazon Basin where it is found in the countries of Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru.
1689801603835.png

A candiru taking blood from the gills of a fish host.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts