What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

buzzmobile

Veteran
My God, have you ever seen a chainsaw accident ?

Do a web-search.

all I did was to slip and slide down a small hill, and put my hand down on a tree with a broken branch that was pretty sharp.
Yes I have seen chainsaw accidents which is why I asked. All it takes is a touch of a chain to look like your hand. Web search not necessary. I have a good memory which makes it hard to forget chainsaw accidents.

That's going to be tough to heal.

St. Phatty

Yes I have seen chainsaw accidents which is why I asked. All it takes is a touch of a chain to look like your hand. Web search not necessary. I have a good memory which makes it hard to forget chainsaw accidents.

That's going to be tough to heal.

The chainsaw accident that was described to me was much worse. Cut off the guy's bicep.

His wife was a nurse and helped stitch him up before they called a doctor. I wonder if they used anaesthetic ?

I was uncomfortable with it getting wet when I took a bath so I poured Peroxide on it.

I ordered some Animal Penicillin.

The human skin & body have amazing healing ability.

Barring infection it's re-growing the skin.

I made a custom glove out of a 1 gallon plastic pot, to protect it when I'm in public.

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_071429_1day2.jpg
    IMG_20221030_071429_1day2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 32

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry for being kinda off topic guys but the pets thread in hobbies is dead.my dog is shedding like crazy and I can't afford to take him to the groomers this month.was wondering if you guys knew some "strange things" that might help the poor guy.maybe some kinda oil or shampoo or something? My other dogs didn't shed almost at all.but this guy licks himself all day like a cat.we call him Ole lickory!
20230101_182914.jpg

St. Phatty

Sorry for being kinda off topic guys but the pets thread in hobbies is dead.my dog is shedding like crazy and I can't afford to take him to the groomers this month.was wondering if you guys knew some "strange things" that might help the poor guy.maybe some kinda oil or shampoo or something? My other dogs didn't shed almost at all.but this guy licks himself all day like a cat.we call him Ole lickory! View attachment 18862006

Since the "Speakers Corner" section disappeared, traffic & Participation have declined - a Lot.

I only answer about 1/2 as many posts in the Cannabis growing sections as I used to.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Sorry for being kinda off topic guys but the pets thread in hobbies is dead.my dog is shedding like crazy and I can't afford to take him to the groomers this month.was wondering if you guys knew some "strange things" that might help the poor guy.maybe some kinda oil or shampoo or something? My other dogs didn't shed almost at all.but this guy licks himself all day like a cat.we call him Ole lickory! View attachment 18862006
Try the oatmeal bath recipe.

Food allergy is something to consider too.

shithawk420

Veteran
I don't know about your dog, but Natty Ice? Bro, have some self respect...
Lol I'm not rich and I like good beer and liquor but I drink almost everyday and natural ice is the best bang for the buck.i can't drink imperial stouts and fancy micro IPAs everyday.if I did I couldn't take care of that guy! Surprised you saw that though.you must know something about that life though cause you saw that off the bat! Lol.at least it's not light beer! I won't touch it unless it's free.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Try the oatmeal bath recipe.

Food allergy is something to consider too.
Thanks.ive heard of those but I kinda forgot.i got plenty of oatmeal.thanks buzz I'll give it a try

St. Phatty

Here it is at 48 hours.

I could tell the little finger was slightly swollen and infected, so I started taking an antibiotic.

Cephalexin 500 mg, common for skin infections, infected cuts etc.

After 2 doses, the swelling has reversed and the finger feels noticeably better. In a space of 5 hours.

The Cephalexin has a minor interaction with Zinc, so if you take a multi-vitamin with Zinc, they recommend waiting 3 hours in between taking the anti-biotic and the supplement.

I'm doing almost everything with my right hand. Normally I carry 6 gallons of water when I'm watering the garden. Now my maximum is about 4 gallons, if I carry one of those gallons with the index finger on my injured hand.

"The Contusion Diaries". I think that would be a bigger seller if I was a 20 year old woman.

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_074815=.jpg
    IMG_20221031_074815=.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 25

shithawk420

Veteran
whoa wait what?did you actually do that phattey?that thing needs some work done.you could lose your hand!thats an extreme case but true.fuck man good luck.srs i always respected chainsaws and other saws

Brother Nature

Lol I'm not rich and I like good beer and liquor but I drink almost everyday and natural ice is the best bang for the buck.i can't drink imperial stouts and fancy micro IPAs everyday.if I did I couldn't take care of that guy! Surprised you saw that though.you must know something about that life though cause you saw that off the bat! Lol.at least it's not light beer! I won't touch it unless it's free.
I grew up in inland Nor Cal, so Natty ices were usually what us high school kids would end up with after giving an 'adult' money to buy us beer. Took us a while to cotton to the price difference between that and actual beer. It's a terrible beer, but it's drinkable, I am actually fond of terrible beer from time to time. We have a similar beer here called Double Brown, 20 pack for $20, well now it's 18 for $24 but inflation and shit. I don't really drink much these days, but I still know my beers... ;)