What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I did not have pot for 2 days and turned into a lil' freak

I ran out of pot for 2 days. Been over a year since that happened.

Most of my dealers are whacked out on crack and have spent the money on that instead of restocking their weed supplies.

Finally got a big bag.

I missed smoking a fat one and surfing the tokers den.

Don't tell me pot is not addictive...I was eating my kitchen table. :D

green_grow

Veteran
i have a steady supply in a drawer less than two feet away from my hand. some days i toke it up, some days not . try doing that with tobacco or coffee.

Yes, I think the number one things marijuana effects is metabolism. B/C If I don't smoke I have a very small appetite throughout the day.

OldPath

soomz

awww man every time i get a oz. I always take out at least a quarter and put them in separate bags....then HIDE THEM EVERYWHERE! its always fun to find a bag somewhere hahaha :headbange

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Did you attend any sporting events?

stewart_hair.jpg

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
soomz said:
awww man every time i get a oz. I always take out at least a quarter and put them in separate bags....then HIDE THEM EVERYWHERE! its always fun to find a bag somewhere hahaha :headbange

You gotta be careful with that! I grew some MK last year and didn't have enough jars for it all, so approx just over a couple of oz went in a tupperware box.

Somehow I hid this box inadvertently in my cupboard and a couple of weeks ago I found it :D It had approx a 7 month cure.

:biglaugh: Still tasted mildly lemoney and gave a good buzz but I'm sure it had lost a bit of potency. :wave:

B

bighogg

he heh...society in general is sooooo way better off with me smoking. i turn into Mr Hyde if i don't get my smoke. and it ain't a detox thing either 'cause i've stopped smoking for over a couple of years one time, it wasn't pretty.

Sammet said:
You gotta be careful with that! I grew some MK last year and didn't have enough jars for it all, so approx just over a couple of oz went in a tupperware box.

Somehow I hid this box inadvertently in my cupboard and a couple of weeks ago I found it :D It had approx a 7 month cure.

:biglaugh: Still tasted mildly lemoney and gave a good buzz but I'm sure it had lost a bit of potency. :wave:

Yeah, I know what happens with herb that's been lying around too long. When I was fourteen, my parents seize a nickel bag ($5, about 2 joints worth) from me. A year later, while they were at work, I rummaged around in their room and found it! Oh joy! I was in a major dry spell at the time. My older brother had cut me off, and my best friend had moved away, so there was nobody to get weed from. My parents had also seized my pipes, so I fashioned the old tried-and-true bong: empty roll of toilet paper, with a hole cut in there and a screen put in the hole (I tore an inch of screen off a window screen).

But of course, after a year in a plastic baggie the herb was almost completely devoid of any active ingredient. I felt nothing. So then I resorted to those teenage standbys, Mad Dog 20/20 and Thunderbird.

My advice is this.

If you have more than an ounce, which should last a long time at today's potency rates, try vacuum sealing your pot, it will last a lot longer that way. I have a $120 vacuum sealer, but admittedly haven't used it. Instead I just put the precious herb in one small tupperware, then put that one into a larger tupperware, and hope for the best. But this is because I only have a grand total of 3/8 of an oz. and I figure it will be history in, oh, 3 months or so? (I guess I don't smoke that much compared to some?) I just can't see the herb decaying in only 3 months. I smoke about a third of a gram a day, tops. And I don't smoke every day either. Pot + work usually don't mix too well.

If I had oz's and oz's, then I'd definitely crank up the vacuum sealer. Herb decays because of two things: heat and oxygen. Remove those factors and it can last a surprising long time. Some people recommend putting it in a freezer, but I don't like the idea of my guests making an unexpected discovery. If you seldom have visitors then perhaps you could just stash a vacuum-sealed package in your freezer and it would be cool for, quite possibly, YEARS. I'd like to see somebody run an experiment on this issue. I don't see why the pot would EVER decay, if frozen and airtight.

kb5178

I left a vacumsealed oz in the freezer for over a year and it was as good or better than the day i put it there.I have been dry for a few day's now and wish i had stash but since I dont have a grow going at the moment all stashes have long been smoked.My wife says the world cant safely handle me without weed ,but nothing hapening for a few weeks in my circle,gonna have to grab some scwag I guess

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Sammet said:

Ha ha, I remember I was outa weed for a while and back on bills and then my girl found a big ol jar in the closet I had hidden full of 3 ounces! it was from my best plant that year too! That shit saved our asses...

kb5178 said:
I left a vacumsealed oz in the freezer for over a year and it was as good or better than the day i put it there.I have been dry for a few day's now and wish i had stash but since I dont have a grow going at the moment all stashes have long been smoked.My wife says the world cant safely handle me without weed ,but nothing hapening for a few weeks in my circle,gonna have to grab some scwag I guess

thanks for the info. Frozen and vacuum sealed, and after an entire year, "as good or better than the day I put it in there." Just as I expected.

In the absence of weed, I find beer an acceptable substitute. Or try valerian root tea. Yah I know it's not as good, but it's kinda close...