What's new

how much does it cost you to run 1000W per month?

G

Below is a table based on operating the light only 12 hours a day at 8 cents per kilowatt hour. Check your electric bill for your electric rate.

To calculate your energy cost you will need to know 3 things:
A: Your cost of energy (usually identified as "KWH" charge on your electric bill)
B: The total watts of your lighting system
C: The total operating hours ("ON" time) of your lighting system per month. Formula = A * B/1000 * C = Total Energy Cost per month
So for the above table: A = $.08 , B = 460, C = 360 hours (12 per day * 30 days) = Total charge of $13.25

Additional info: Each H.I.D. light uses the amount of wattage the light is plus an additional 15% for the ballast. So, a 400 watt HPS uses 400 watts for the lamp and another 15%, or 60 watts, for the ballast - for about 460 watts total, give or take. This is a general rule and the electrical consumption could be a little more or less than this.

Peace 3rd I

Last edited:
so an easier question would be how much does everyone pay per KWH?
does this look accurate?

electriccostmap.gif

G

Don't forget tho...you have to calculate in the taxes and surcharges into your kilowatt per hour rate....last time i checked my bill my k/hr rate was i think 9.5 cents and with the taxes and surcharges added in it came out to be around 16 cents

[edit]good info Stoner4Life

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts