What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

work complete for the day . just finished at the farm . doing bits . my asparagus were half eaten . possibly slugs . some bug damage on a few spuds as expected , and i ate my first strawberries . which were fantastic . overall . as a whole , 6 out of 10 . not bad . could do better . the ganja plants look fine .

strain_hunter

work complete for the day . just finished at the farm . doing bits . my asparagus were half eaten . possibly slugs . some bug damage on a few spuds as expected , and i ate my first strawberries . which were fantastic . overall . as a whole , 6 out of 10 . not bad . could do better . the ganja plants look fine .
Had my first experiences with slugs a few weeks ago.
They ate one of my ganja plants completly.
05A15EAC-3F0C-433E-92A8-FCA3B5474712.jpeg

Strawberrys from the garden are so delicious.
Do you sell your vegetables?

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Screenshot_20240520-211510~2.png

cannabinoids? CBD?? WTF?
edit: i wonder what the other cannabinoids and terpenes are that are not listed.
re-edit: its the simcoe hops hash. the only one that isnt sold out.

shiva82

Had my first experiences with slugs a few weeks ago.
They ate one of my ganja plants completly.
View attachment 19005694

Strawberrys from the garden are so delicious.
Do you sell your vegetables?
that is how my asparagus patch looked today haha. broke my heart . it is too exposed . i will win in the end ... plant more . lol .

i started using this land only last year and the vague plans not set in stone are first of all feed myself and my friends family , and as we expand , we will start producing extra crops to sell. baby steps . i have a 5-10 year plan involving all kinds of plants , fruit and veg

shiva82

i have to bollock my mate at least once a week to make sure everything ticks over at the farm . i put the fear of god into him . haha . make sure he weeds before he plays golf . shit like that . i'm hard to please but my intentions are for the best , for both of us . if i don't moan , it would fail more easily . got to show my passion now and then

strain_hunter

that is how my asparagus patch looked today haha. broke my heart . it is too exposed . i will win in the end ... plant more . lol .

i started using this land only last year and the vague plans not set in stone are first of all feed myself and my friends family , and as we expand , we will start producing extra crops to sell. baby steps . i have a 5-10 year plan involving all kinds of plants , fruit and veg
Apparently they have become very tasty.
You're certainly right to feed a few animals as well.

Sounds like a good plan to expand over time.
I live in a rented flat and don't even have a balcony but I'm helping a friend now and I think we have about 2 square metres for cannabis and a few more for vegetables.

But so far it has often been a challenge to coordinate and meet up.

We still need some time to get everything running smoothly. But I enjoy the time in nature.

IMG_5888.jpeg

IMG_5887.jpeg

I am now testing weeds and cuttings without spreading seeds on the bed. This should attract small beetles that eat the slugs' eggs and also improve the quality of the soil.

There is some more space for vegetable

shiva82

it is much harder gardening in a big open flood plain, silt heavy field with zero protection ,,,, than growing in my yard . that os for sure... failure rate is way higher

shiva82

Apparently they have become very tasty.
You're certainly right to feed a few animals as well.

Sounds like a good plan to expand over time.
I live in a rented flat and don't even have a balcony but I'm helping a friend now and I think we have about 2 square metres for cannabis and a few more for vegetables.

But so far it has often been a challenge to coordinate and meet up.

We still need some time to get everything running smoothly. But I enjoy the time in nature.

View attachment 19005715

View attachment 19005716

I am now testing weeds and cuttings without spreading seeds on the bed. This should attract small beetles that eat the slugs' eggs and also improve the quality of the soil.
good work. i used to live in a small flat. i had my bedroom kitted out with a high tech grow , my windowsills throughout filled with trays of plants that i would give away or plant wild, or plant on jobs i was working at . it is just enjoyable. even if i fail. i enjoy it as therapy. i slept next to the kitchen

which country are you in ?

the land i work on is not mine, i'm the head gardener there . it is my friends land . i'm content with that .

shiva82

i just patrol the land smoking joints to be honest . haha

planted 3 butternut squash plants into 20 litre pots in the polytunnel next to a vertical net connected to net horizontal above, earlier on

strain_hunter

it is much harder gardening in a big open flood plain, silt heavy field with zero protection ,,,, than growing in my yard . that os for sure... failure rate is way higher
I like to believe that.
When you invest so much time, labour and money, you want to see results.

I saw a documentary a long time ago about someone who used trees and bushes to make areas more fertile and resilient.

I think it was an agronomist.

shiva82

I like to believe that.
When you invest so much time, labour and money, you want to see results.

I saw a documentary a long time ago about someone who used trees and bushes to make areas more fertile and resilient.

I think it was an agronomist.
exactly . terraforming using companion plantings and building wind shields with plants and making micro climates... we started a food forrest that we are always having to adapt just to keep the trees we planted alive... within 5 years that field should be 'fixed'. we are mulching constantly with hay and manure, making draiage , liming etc , within a few years it will be good . work in progress

Latest posts

Latest posts