What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How about that silver?

Deathstar_69

Silver has always been admired for its beauty and utility, and it’s gaining renewed attention as an investment and hedge against economic uncertainty. What factors are driving this increased interest in silver, and what does the future look like for this versatile metal?

With market trends and technological advancements influencing silver’s value, it’s essential to stay informed about the best sources for purchasing and investing in silver. I’ve found that reputable dealers like Bold Precious Metals offer valuable insights and quality options for those interested in silver. How do you think silver compares to other precious metals like gold in terms of investment potential and market stability?

I’d love to hear your thoughts and predictions. What’s your perspective on silver’s role in today’s investment landscape, and how do you see its value evolving?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
almost 90-1

time to buy more silver

IMG_7459.png

IMG_2218.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
the real reason I buy gold and silver was said by a friend of mine..

It's not to get ahead.....

it's to not fall behind!!

Private for profit "Federal Reserve" has devalued the currency starting in 1913 from $1 to $0.02 through in invisible tax called "inflation" otherwise known as theft.

just look at this photo and ponder over it for a moment

IMG_2219.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
1982: 2,000 ounces of silver for the average house
2024: 17,500 ounces of silver for the average house

Where did you get your numbers?..my numbers are a little different

I get about 7500 ounces of 1982 silver at about $11 an ounce for an average house price of $82,500…1982

For 2024..
  • The median home sales price in the United States is $412,300 as of the second quarter of 2024, down 3.4% from last quarter.
That would be about 13,750 ounces of silver

7500 ounces in 1982

13,750 ounces in 2024

not as good as gold but not bad

brickweeder

Where did you get your numbers?..my numbers are a little different

I get about 7500 ounces of 1982 silver at about $11 an ounce for an average house price of $82,500…1982

For 2024..
  • The median home sales price in the United States is $412,300 as of the second quarter of 2024, down 3.4% from last quarter.
That would be about 13,750 ounces of silver

7500 ounces in 1982

13,750 ounces in 2024

not as good as gold but not bad
st louis fed: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ASPUS

used about 90k in the 80s and divided by 82 silver peak. Used about 500k for 2024
and divided by about 2450. I probably could have been a bot more accurate, but its a back of the napkin thing.

Point being, silver sucks as an inflation hedge compared to gold. Gold is 3x its 80s peak, silver is a tad above 1/2 of its 80s peak.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
st louis fed: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ASPUS

used about 90k in the 80s and divided by 82 silver peak. Used about 500k for 2024
and divided by about 2450. I probably could have been a bot more accurate, but its a back of the napkin thing.

Point being, silver sucks as an inflation hedge compared to gold. Gold is 3x its 80s peak, silver is a tad above 1/2 of its 80s peak.

exactly and I got your point in the previous post

I was more curious than anything

for the players , a three and four bagger was possible when silver was around $5 an oz

but that pales compared to gold which not to long ago one could buy an ounce under $300….how about a 10 bagger!..

I never got into gold silver to get rich..

it was about protecting what little wealth I did have and hopefully passing on my stash to the grandkids

I tell people that I can still get a gallon of gasoline for $.20 cents a gal

two mercury dimes melted down and silver at spot …,BAM! I am covered

silver and gold are still a wise investment and will be needed in the foreseeable future

I enjoy buying fractional gold , 1/10 of an ounce on up

Gold eagles , Kruegerands , Mexican pesos , and sovereigns are my favorites

for silver I try to stick with bags of junk silver , dimes , quarters , and half dollars

otherwise it is tubes of silver eagles , such a beautiful coin

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
what is it now , about $2 dollars worth of silver per dime?…

I saw plenty of gas under $3 a gallon last week in Kansas Oklahoma and Colorado

moose eater

I have numerous sealed silver bars over my computer desk in a soapstone jewelry container that my wayward younger son left here, given to him by a seriously drunken/impaired driver years ago.

I'm waiting for it to reach $1million/ounce, then one of my heirs can cash it in.

Last edited:

moose eater

your heirs wont have to wait much longer for silver to reach $1million/ounce, according to peter shiff...
Looks like maybe a hundred bucks or $120 at the moment when I looked online.

A couple decent Italian delicatessen pizzas and a few six-packs of craft beer of notable source. And maybe the gas to go get them.

Not too shabby for discarded stuff left behind by James Dean 4.0

Latest posts

Latest posts