What's new

Honduras sativa

Siku

Welcome to ICMag @Siku :giggle: and thanks for choosing ACE genetics!

What's your growing media and ph? It looks like there may be typical ph out of range and/or macro nutrient deficiencies. How many days has she been in flowering? What photoperiod cycles did you use?
Hi @dubi!
Thank you for your answer and the welcome! This plant is amazing and tough and i am a little bit sad, that she is suffering! I can not say for sure how long she is in flower, as i am running her at 11/13 from start. (last week in march) But i think she is in week 4 or 5?
I am growing on soil plagron light mix in 9 l pot! Yes, ph was out of range! I checked ph and it was at 5 to 5.2 in drain. Too much salt due to overfeeding, i think! 😬 I corrected the ph by flushing to 6.2 to 6.4. But its getting worse, she is loosing a lot of leaves now! The ec from last watering was 0.8 to 1 ( tap water is ec 0.5) and i am not sure wether i should feed her with higher ec or not! I was also thinking to start a new grow! But i now decided to wait another 2 or 3 weeks!
Do you think i could try to transplant her to new media as a last option?

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Our genetics have been tested in many conditions, including under many type of stresses.

I'm sorry you took my bad joke the wrong way, it was not my intention. If you are serious about conducting stress testing, you need to control all variables and play with the one you want to learn from. You won't gain insights if the environment is not controlled and multiple stresses are present simultaneously.

Sensistar42

Our genetics have been tested in many conditions, including under many type of stresses.

I'm sorry you took my bad joke the wrong way. If you are serious about conducting stress testing, you need to control all variables except the one you want to learn from. You won't gain insights if the environment is not controlled and multiple stresses are present simultaneously.
I must say the honduras handles cold weather better. Especially my purple Mexican. I had no vigor issues and finished great in colder weather. 68-72 thermostat the heater was set at.

Compared to the Ethiopian ones that were much more sensitive in the cooler nights during the spring when I did not have the heater going.

goingrey

I'm sorry you took my bad joke the wrong way, it was not my intention. If you are serious about conducting stress testing, you need to control all variables and play with the one you want to learn from. You won't gain insights if the environment is not controlled and multiple stresses are present simultaneously.
Well it's more a question of strain selection for a certain kind of stress based on the catalogue descriptions than "serious" stress testing (or cult torture). So that "controlling the variables" could be avoided (more importantly the electricity use associated with that control).

Like last summer I chose Beldia because of the claimed drought resistance as I knew it would be hot and I would have to be away from the grow for longer than is good. Well, they made it to the end but were tortured for sure, ok result overall but the expectation was way higher.

This winter I tried Erdpurt and Nepal Mist because of the claimed cold resistance. Erdpurt did poorly, but just one plant. Three out of four Nepal Mist girls did very well, in fact my issue was light stress from growth so vigorous it kept hitting the lamp, despite daily training. One of the four girls did poorly. Pretty good success on the Nepal Mist at least cold resistance wise.

And now I'm growing Honduras on the side of my main grow, both figuratively and literally, because of the "huge vigor" but that has not been my experience so far. The males did a bit better, as is usual, but nothing impressive. They had the benefit of getting a couple weeks of veg though. One of the three males put out pistils towards the end, fortunately the other two still had some spunk in them as what I had harvested so far had to be rejected.

The next set aren't doing so great. Well, they still have time. But this is just funny. EC and pH? Probably the EC is below the range of my EC meter, only goes down to 0.4. pH going in was a little bit below 6. Who knows what it is now, they don't drink much so there is quite some time between waterings.

Not expecting a huge yield from literally the light that misses my hydro setup but would be nice to get something, get to try that mexibrick type weed.

Sensistar42

Well it's more a question of strain selection for a certain kind of stress based on the catalogue descriptions than "serious" stress testing (or cult torture). So that "controlling the variables" could be avoided (more importantly the electricity use associated with that control).

Like last summer I chose Beldia because of the claimed drought resistance as I knew it would be hot and I would have to be away from the grow for longer than is good. Well, they made it to the end but were tortured for sure, ok result overall but the expectation was way higher.

This winter I tried Erdpurt and Nepal Mist because of the claimed cold resistance. Erdpurt did poorly, but just one plant. Three out of four Nepal Mist girls did very well, in fact my issue was light stress from growth so vigorous it kept hitting the lamp, despite daily training. One of the four girls did poorly. Pretty good success on the Nepal Mist at least cold resistance wise.

And now I'm growing Honduras on the side of my main grow, both figuratively and literally, because of the "huge vigor" but that has not been my experience so far. The males did a bit better, as is usual, but nothing impressive. They had the benefit of getting a couple weeks of veg though. One of the three males put out pistils towards the end, fortunately the other two still had some spunk in them as what I had harvested so far had to be rejected.

The next set aren't doing so great. Well, they still have time. But this is just funny. EC and pH? Probably the EC is below the range of my EC meter, only goes down to 0.4. pH going in was a little bit below 6. Who knows what it is now, they don't drink much so there is quite some time between waterings.

Not expecting a huge yield from literally the light that misses my hydro setup but would be nice to get something, get to try that mexibrick type weed.
These tropicals are very touchy to ph and temperatures. Right now I’ve been keeping mine at 6.5ish . Refrain from any bloom boosters and a general very light feedings. My advice so far with this strain. Not that it’s a bunch of help, but my 2 cents. 🤣

goingrey

These tropicals are very touchy to ph and temperatures. Right now I’ve been keeping mine at 6.5ish . Refrain from any bloom boosters and a general very light feedings. My advice so far with this strain. Not that it’s a bunch of help, but my 2 cents. 🤣
Temperature is high atm like 30-32 Celsius.

Humidity isn't quite tropical. For the males it actually was, but had to start using a dehuey so the buds from other strains don't rot...

Sensistar42

Temperature is high atm like 30-32 Celsius.

Humidity isn't quite tropical. For the males it actually was, but had to start using a dehuey so the buds from other strains don't rot...
That’s the hard part for me to, I’ve been more in the mindset that I should have separate tents for regular hybrids and one for longer sativas. I also run 10/14 for them as well and takes a bit away from the regular hybrids for sure. But you do get the see better/different expressions in them though as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts