What's new

Hazemania

bigherb

Veteran
I imagine the Kali hybrid is a beauty aswell hopfully those seeds produce a few keepers .I'd think both alter boy an Kali x PHP can show some similiar phenos as many have said the Kali is of the same/similiar bloodline as JH minus the NL

For sure the name stuck with me lol .I had to ask about the Alter boy choice as you know my feelings about Frank ,So im glad she is alive an well

Red snakes have been given praise by some the Genetics are rare/unique . Did you check the link i posted of the Punto Rojo (its working now) .One word Special

Curious to hear an see your experience with NH . IME its the closest ive tasted to NYC haze ever .Sorry to hear of the Bad ratio but hopfully you find somthing special .Keep us posted

I didnt wanna down your attempt with the HH but as you say hard to take serious .From the aromas soo far you might find somthing worthy .I understand not releasing sources of the genetics but listing genetics incorrect or not at all is a major no no . I dont care who you are .

I like the plans of pollination ,Keep us posted

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hey Randy, interesting words and great pic...is it from the '70's?...those leaves look really sharp...as some Green Hazes dubi posted in the Oldtimer's Haze thread...

greetings

Yes, Sweet-emotion it was from 1978 and those were from a very special lb. of the best Gold Colombian I ever had. They got far into flowering that year but never finished. It was when I was really learning what paranoia was all about. Also the same year I moved up to Humboldt to get away from all those eyes in the skys(before CAMP, before Ronnie Regan was anything but a grad B actor, back when Jerry Brown was gov, in his "Governor Moonbeam" personna and good old Jimmy Carter was pres, the "good old days".

bigherb

Veteran
Yes, Sweet-emotion it was from 1978 and those were from a very special lb. of the best Gold Colombian I ever had. They got far into flowering that year but never finished. It was when I was really learning what paranoia was all about. Also the same year I moved up to Humboldt to get away from all those eyes in the skys(before CAMP, before Ronnie Regan was anything but a grad B actor, back when Jerry Brown was gov, in his "Governor Moonbeam" personna and good old Jimmy Carter was pres, the "good old days".

Wow

Some coincidence ,i mentioned the GG colombian gold looked very similiar to your pic

Can you share any recollection of the Colombian Gold as far as taste an aromas effects aswell ?

Also what made that Lb the best CG you ever had ?

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Somthin ive pondered , the Bloodinline that made Haze an the bloodlines that helped preserve the Haze

Sativa madness has been upon us an some dont even know it

Many agree that the Sativas of yesteryear are Gone or a needle in a haystack .But the Recent work of Breeders an members here is a beautiful thing

Folk Such as Charlie garcia / Dubi / Bushweed have shown that there are actually Some Oldschool Pure sativas still alive an well . There has been Some amazing efforts of spreading an preserving lately an its abeautiful time to have a taste of the past

Some lines are sold an some spread

CBG Punto Rojo / Hmong Thai / Thai 78 / BLB Thai /GN Thai / Laos Border Thai /Highland Copalita Oaxacan / CBG Mangobiche / Oaxacan 79

Much Respect an Love to all

1luvbigherb

sweet-emotion

Veteran

They looked really nice. Great experience, always enjoyable to read such stories. Thanks

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Wow

Some coincidence ,i mentioned the GG colombian gold looked very similiar to your pic

Can you share any recollection of the Colombian Gold as far as taste an aromas effects aswell ?

Also what made that Lb the best CG you ever had ?

1luvbigherb

Hey there bigherb, The smell was cinnamon, cloves and taste, hashy chocolate. It came in uniform tight little buds with thin little gold leaves around it the size of a dime to the size of a quarter. I remember the friend I got it from used to have a Florida connection and called it Mona Mona. I also remember very vividly saying how you could feel it with the first hit as you tried to hold it in, a rush of energy and euphoria like it was flowing through your veins and it made people cough like crazy because it expanded like nothing else I've ever smoked. It left a great, chocolaty, hashy, flavor in your mouth. Each bud was half seeds but I never complained because the herb was so good. What made it the best is it was the first and strongest Gold Colombian I ever saw around and after the first couple of years it went downhill and was never the same as far as strength. The more popular it got and the more demand there was the lower the quality went, until it was total crap, just a popular name attached to shitty pounds of who knows what.
A lot of strong herb I've smoked since then, all good, but nothing ever hits with the power, strength or rush of feelings that the Gold Colombian did. The only thing that ever came close was the best Thai Sticks you've heard me go on about in other threads from a few years before the Gold Colombian was around.

bigherb

Veteran
Hey there bigherb, The smell was cinnamon, cloves and taste, hashy chocolate. It came in uniform tight little buds with thin little gold leaves around it the size of a dime to the size of a quarter. I remember the friend I got it from used to have a Florida connection and called it Mona Mona. I also remember very vividly saying how you could feel it with the first hit as you tried to hold it in, a rush of energy and euphoria like it was flowing through your veins and it made people cough like crazy because it expanded like nothing else I've ever smoked. It left a great, chocolaty, hashy, flavor in your mouth. Each bud was half seeds but I never complained because the herb was so good. What made it the best is it was the first and strongest Gold Colombian I ever saw around and after the first couple of years it went downhill and was never the same as far as strength. The more popular it got and the more demand there was the lower the quality went, until it was total crap, just a popular name attached to shitty pounds of who knows what.
A lot of strong herb I've smoked since then, all good, but nothing ever hits with the power, strength or rush of feelings that the Gold Colombian did. The only thing that ever came close was the best Thai Sticks you've heard me go on about in other threads from a few years before the Gold Colombian was around.

Apologies for the late reply

Truly Amazing details ,the recollection of indepth info is most apprecated

That does sound very special an also shares similarites with Original Haze as for taste an effects .This is the first i recall of these taste mentioned for CG .These aromas taste an effects are all somthing id love to have in my jar .Its interesting of all the strains of yesteryear you consider this Colombian Gold top .

much respect

1luvbigherb

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Biggie

The day is approaching when you will apply this knowledge Neph .
I`ve learnt a helluva lot from your questing . Its even more exciting to apply it .

Like Ole Neil said. Comes a time ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigherb

Veteran
G`day Biggie

The day is approaching when you will apply this knowledge Neph .
I`ve learnt a helluva lot from your questing . Its even more exciting to apply it .

Like Ole Neil said. Comes a time ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sup Unc

Ive learned at a young age knowledge is a never ending quest .There are some amazing folk in this IC Fam an members such as yourself have aided me in my journey an im most thankful to you all

As the old saying goes if i only knew then what i know now .OG days an past info is somthin i wish i was around for, too bad there are only a few quotes an post saved by some .There are also some old head's who dont post no more that had indepth knowledge experience an views Unc L33T and bluebeard to name a few that i wish i could have picked their brains an gained more insight

Like Biggie said Sky is the Limit :biggrin:

Much Respect Brother

1luvbigherb

winta

the info in this thread is mind blowing! thanx for all who contributed! this reminds me of all the hazes my pops would tell me about when i thought nyc haze,pudda, black haze and ssh were the be all and end all (ny/nj area 97-04) :)

glad to know real haze is alive! :dance013:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
BigHerb, the taste always reminded me of Ibarra Mexican Chocolate, have you ever tried it? It's got a cinnamon chocolaty flavor...very dank as far as chocolate goes.
picture.php

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Somthin ive pondered , the Bloodinline that made Haze an the bloodlines that helped preserve the Haze

Sativa madness has been upon us an some dont even know it

Many agree that the Sativas of yesteryear are Gone or a needle in a haystack .But the Recent work of Breeders an members here is a beautiful thing

Folk Such as Charlie garcia / Dubi / Bushweed have shown that there are actually Some Oldschool Pure sativas still alive an well . There has been Some amazing efforts of spreading an preserving lately an its abeautiful time to have a taste of the past

Some lines are sold an some spread

CBG Punto Rojo / Hmong Thai / Thai 78 / BLB Thai /GN Thai / Laos Border Thai /Highland Copalita Oaxacan / CBG Mangobiche / Oaxacan 79

Much Respect an Love to all

1luvbigherb

Great post!

I feel lucky indeed to be able to sample so many special genetics from all around the world :)

Big thanks and much respect to charlie, dubi & all others who act out of love for the plant!

so cool to have you around randy :) thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

i loved your descriptions of the oaxacan x punto rojo, that's why i cracked some immediately when i was lucky enough to receive them. Got 3 females, 2 of them are similar and smell spicy. One is different, she seems quite fast, copious amounts of silver, oily resin that has an intense citrus bite with nice spicy/incense tones to back it up. Think this one is more leaning towards the oaxacan side of things, but all three of them are way above avarage quality - will be hard to choose only one to keep :eek:

here is a pic of the oaxacan leaning plant:

picture.php

sorry about the bad picture quality, won't let me upload bigger sized images and i don't like to use 3rd party sites because the pictures eventually will be gone.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
the blackwrecks look tasty, are they by any chance a trainwreck x colombian black cross?

i was wondering how a combination of colombian x thai would turn out...

good vibes :)

bigherb

Veteran
the blackwrecks look tasty, are they by any chance a trainwreck x colombian black cross?

i was wondering how a combination of colombian x thai would turn out...
good vibes :)

I see I sparked the brain on the topic of haze blood ;)

Amazing look at mullumbimby madness an example I believe of a perfect hybrid . I think nevilles haze is another lumbo Thai expression abit more refined/bred towards indoor growing

Did you have any specific lines in mind to cross ?

I think this project is somthin bushy can achieve with his stock an experience . Just an idea for our brother from down under

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
BigHerb, the taste always reminded me of Ibarra Mexican Chocolate, have you ever tried it? It's got a cinnamon chocolaty flavor...very dank as far as chocolate goes.View Image

That pic killed me this morning a hot chocolate never sounded soo good in that NYC cold an rain

I haven't tried it but thanks to your recommendation and description I soon will

If its possible you made that CG batch sound even better now

Much respect

1luvbigherb

Tipz

BlackWreck

BlackWreck

trainwreck X blackhaze..... breeders choice and zamilito
i have the parental pics somewhere, i'll try to put them up, if you dont mind sideshow...i would just as soon look at your stuff its beautiful. best tipz

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
trainwreck X blackhaze..... breeders choice and zamilito
i have the parental pics somewhere, i'll try to put them up, if you dont mind sideshow...i would just as soon look at your stuff its beautiful. best tipz

i'm all for sharing pics in this thread :)

nevertheless, i think breeders choice is best left out of the discussion here in the ACE subforum...

better to share them in the sativa thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&page=633#post6634281

everything else is very welcome in this thread!