What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

arsekick

New Zealand did a temp reconstruction, and found the temps had gone up .9c over 100 years with a margin of error of 1c.

I'll see if I can find it was a few years ago

igrowone

Veteran
You have already posted this a few pages back

There is no "175 year global temp record" so how the fuck would they know ????

The one starting from 1850 seems to have been disappered, how would they know what the global temp was, there is bugger all coverage in 1920 let alone 1850.

Its a SCAM

View attachment 19048787
you seem to be mistaken sir, please provide a link to said post
now the global temperatures are routinely setting records each month, perhaps they're becoming a blur to you?

arsekick

"When did temperature records begin in Australia?

Observations began in 1910 at the Post Office in Carnarvon, Western Australia, and after several moves it has operated as an automatic weather station since 1996. The network itself has also changed over time."

From google and complete and utter bullshit

Melb started in 1855, Sydney in 1859, Adelaide in 1887. they would be the only coverage for most of the sourthern hemisphere. its not hard to find out details from the northern hemisphere.

DYOR

igrowone

Veteran
you don't believe its accurate ?
no, I'm replying to your statement that I had already posted the global temperature report a few pages back
I don't see that I did, and have politely asked if you would provide a link to that duplicate post

arsekick

no, I'm replying to your statement that I had already posted the global temperature report a few pages back
I don't see that I did, and have politely asked if you would provide a link to that duplicate post
My mistake it was for June not July, to me it looks like they copied and pasted the same shit and just replaced July for June

I'll wait for August its bound to be hotter again, we even had some nice sunny weather here in Vic during August, that should add about .2c to the global record :ROFLMAO:

GenghisKush

The staggering scale of human CO2 emissions​

We've emitted more CO2 than all living biomass and human-made mass combined.​

ZEKE HAUSFATHER
JUL 10, 2023

Human activities – burning fossil fuels and cutting down forest – currently emit around 40 billion tons of CO2 per year. But what does that actually mean? How big are our carbon emissions actually?

Comparing our emissions to big things

Forty billion tons (also called gigatons) is an enormous large number. Its about 50 times the weight of all the cars in the world, for example, or the weight of 800,000 Titanic-sized ships.
However, one year’s emissions only tells a small part of the story. We build and sell new cars each year, but the amount of cars on the road is much larger than any individual year’s sales. Similarly, CO2 that we emit accumulates in the atmosphere, such that the amount of warming the world experiences is a result of our cumulative emissions over time rather than a single year’s emissions.

Since the mid-1700s, humans have emitted approximately 2.5 trillion tons of CO2, with around 1,770 billion tons from burning fossil fuels and around 750 billion tons from land use change. About 44% of this – around 1,100 tons – has accumulated in the atmosphere, while the remaining 56% has been absorbed by the land and oceans.

The 2.5 trillion tons of CO2 we have emitted from both fossil fuels and land use change is larger than the total dry living biomass (e.g. all living things on the planet today) and the mass of all human-made structures (all concrete, brick, steel, etc.), as shown in the figure below. If we look at just carbon emissions (keeping in mind that the O2 adds a lot of the mass of CO2), this would translate to around 688 billion tons of carbon.

Cumulative global emissions of CO2 from fossil fuels and land use and atmospheric accumulation from 1750 based on data from the Global Carbon Project. Data on living biomass and human-made mass from Elhacham et al 2020.

The fact that a bit more than half of our emissions are removed by land and ocean “carbon sinks” is a good thing; we would have roughly twice as much climate change to date if we didn’t have these sinks lending us a hand. Unfortunately, the more we emit CO2, the less effective we expect these sinks to become. Under higher emissions scenarios we’d expect more of our emissions to remain in the atmosphere, as shown in the figure below.

Figure AR6 WG1 | Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis

IPCC AR6 WG1 Figure SPM.7

Using data on emissions and sinks over time, scientists have created a “global carbon budget” showing where emissions come from and end up. The figure below shows both fossil fuel (grey) and land use (yellow) emissions, as well as ocean (dark blue), land (green), and atmospheric (light blue) sinks.

Global Carbon Budget, 1959-2022. Figure from Carbon Brief’s analysis of the 2022 Global Carbon Budget.
The amount that ends up in the atmosphere accumulates over time, with the sum of all the light blue in this graph representing the total increase in atmospheric CO2 since 1959.

Atmospheric CO2 concentrations from over the past 10,000 years. Figure from Berkeley Earth.
Human emissions of CO2 since the industrial revolution have increased the amount of CO2 in the Earth’s atmosphere by 50%, from 280 to 420 parts per million. This represents a geoengineering of the planet on a staggering scale, and has resulted in the planet warming between 1.1C and 1.3C over the past 170 years.

https://www.cma.gov.cn/en2014/climate/ClimateUpdate/202301/W020230117446249898288.png

Global mean surface temperatures from various scientific groups. Figure from the World Meteorological Organization’s State of the Global Climate in 2022 report.

arsekick

"Marine prokaryotes grow extremely fast – a process that emits a lot of carbon. In fact, prokaryotes to an ocean depth of 200 metres produce about 20 billion tonnes of carbon a year: double that of humans."

Maybe all the climate scientists could get together and decide how many tons of Co2 we humans produce
40 billion tons a year in the post above and 10 billion in the article below.

It's a climate change clown show :ROFLMAO:

shiva82

"Marine prokaryotes grow extremely fast – a process that emits a lot of carbon. In fact, prokaryotes to an ocean depth of 200 metres produce about 20 billion tonnes of carbon a year: double that of humans."

Maybe all the climate scientists could get together and decide how many tons of Co2 we humans produce
40 billion tons a year in the post above and 10 billion in the article below.

It's a climate change clown show :ROFLMAO:

95 % of graphs and statistics are made up. including this one .

they love a graph and a pie chart