What's new

H3ad goes Coco

Fiet

I am on Page 65 and that give me so much Infos... I Love Coco but i also do a few thinks wrong my PH was every time over 6.0 - 6.3 i shooting for 5.6-5.8 than i will not Add Cal mag i will try without it and see how my Plants react and showing deficiency in cal/mag ore not. My Tap is 0.4 EC i Mix 50% RO so my Starting solution are 0.2 and with the Formular 1.2 i give my young Plants 0.3 Micro and 0.45 Bloom total EC now 0.7 that's enough for young plants i belive let see how they react.

Looking good my 6 lady's in Plagron Coco and a Small container

IMG_20200210_203615.jpg

Fiet

High

My Plants looking light Green why is that? I add nothink than 6/9 in RO Water PH 6.8 feeding 2 x Day. Total EC litte over 1. I belive it is not enough Nitrogen/Mag in it?

Here is a Picture they are 17 Days old

IMG_20200215_225702.jpg

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I ran with this recipe,I didnt mind the cal/mag bringing up my N levels because I would cut the micro out in week 5-6,hence bring down the 2 week flush time to 1 week.the plant had stored enough N in its cells and medium to have that trade off.
Secondly i grow multiple strains at the same time,and have the occasional Cal/mag whores,so I found it more convenient,at least for me.Also I have found I fair much better,and have had less deficiencies across the board with adding it.
But,hey man you gotta do what works for you,I like to mix it up a little,and keep all the ladies happy.:peacock:

Fiet

When I ran with this recipe,I didnt mind the cal/mag bringing up my N levels because I would cut the micro out in week 5-6,hence bring down the 2 week flush time to 1 week.the plant had stored enough N in its cells and medium to have that trade off.
Secondly i grow multiple strains at the same time,and have the occasional Cal/mag whores,so I found it more convenient,at least for me.Also I have found I fair much better,and have had less deficiencies across the board with adding it.
But,hey man you gotta do what works for you,I like to mix it up a little,and keep all the ladies happy.:peacock:

I will Add it to my friend... Bevore i using it every time but i haven't finish the thread so that's why i ask. I thought first it is Nitrogen deficiency but all leafs are more light Green so mag is the problem here. I will Add it to it thank you

Fiet

Thank you for this Amazing Info Thread guys..

My Lady's couldn't look better
IMG_20200224_220626.jpg

6/9 with 0.3EC Cal/mag PH 5.8

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I run heads numbers and had calcium deficiencies.. that was with multiple strains. if you use ro then you need the extra cal/mag.. but the extra nitrogen can be a pita for me..

Bio boy

How do these numbers compare to advance. Utes a b?

I csnr find any numbers to compare

I used to use lucas but 6 years on sensi a b im wondering if i should drop my ph oh perfect for this...

Fiet

I couldn't be more Happy with this Formular, works so well.. Week 3 of Bloom here no deficiency ore over feeding EC from runoff are always on Point never Salt built up etc...

Can I Cut the Cal/Mag now?

IMG_20200323_113049.jpg

Fiet

Hi,

i am in week 6 of flowering buds are still looking like a 4th week Grow but it is time to reducing the micro know? Salt built up over last Day's and i dont want over feed them. Maybe reducing the Micro from 6/9 to 3/9?

st1cky1cky

Hey friends!

Great thread, I love all of the information. I have my first seeds in jiffy's at the moment and one of them already opened their cotyledons so I plan on starting fertigation tomorrow. Here is my question.

My tap water has 530 μS, 7.3 ph with 73mg/l Cal and 17mg/l Mag. From what I read online, adding even half strength (3/3.5) lucas would amount to too much EC for a seedling. Is it feasible that I water them with distilled + half strength lucas (and calmag) and switch to tap water in a few weeks? I really don't want to water with distilled during the whole grow as it's expensive and produces a lot of waste. I also can't install an RO system unfortunately. Note that I have GHE(urope) nutes with hard water micro.

Any input would be appreciated!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've been reading to use 1 gram of epsom salt per one gallon.
So I'm using gh 6/9 in a coco mix.
I noticed some yellowing only on veins on fan leaves. I saw that that is early sign of sulphur deficiency.
When I started looking at other folks using this method were using one teaspoon per gallon.
When I measure out 5 grams of epsom salt for a 5 gallon bucket, it's pretty much a half teaspoon.
I'm guessing that the volume diffrence is due to the crystal size?
What's going on? Am I underfeeding magnesium sulfate?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Hey Canna. I have only just glanced a few pages here, but see the 6/9 offers 41ppm Mg, about what Canna A&B offers. Epsom is about 10%Mg so a gram in a gallon is about 25-30ppm. A typical bump for correcting Mg. Taking you to 65-70ppm which looks right to me. 50-75ppm is the usual range found in tests. Most of which are now done with LED's where Mg demand can be higher than under the lighting of 2007, when this thread started.

A full teaspoon is about 100ppm on it's own. Yields have been shown to suffer at this level, though plants show no signs. 100ppm+41ppm though... I have not seen those numbers before. It's above the range used in the trials I have read. Personally I find ~60ppm alright. I did get a runoff sample say 140 though, while the plants looked good. That's a bit of a Red Herring though, as I wasn't feeding so high. They were becoming bound, which physically disturbs the coco. Giving a runoff that contains your feed, and some loaded coco. Giving the impression that while we feed at perhaps 65ppm the cec of the coco means our feed is just free? Mg while the coco has held? Mg the plant can also see. This could offer insight when looking at the trials. I'm theorising an inert medium could like more in it's feed than a medium with a reasonable cec. So that the plant see's similar amounts at any one time.

I might be heading too far into research territory there. The outcome of which usually says you have it nailed down.

Edit: ~40ppm is probably nice when you factor in the cec and 10-15ppm more from the tap. It shouldn't ever be too much, which is nice as we can't take it out if using a single bottle solution. Needing more isn't a surprise though.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm an idiot Fe.
I had several errors going on at once.
One being that I was giving 6/9 the whole life of the plant, where h3ad adjusted his recipe in bloom.
As far as my question above - I'm not sure what happened other than I was misreading my spoons. I started giving the correct 1 teaspoon (5grams) and the yellow spotting on the veins no longer appears.
Instead I get a browning / gray on the leaf tips that eventually take over the whole leaf. Starts at the bottom on the lowest fan leaves and slowly works it's way up. For my next run I'm now deciding weather I want to try Cocoforcannabis schedule again, or try H3ad's method with his changes to 0/9 , or some other route. I have gallons of GH to go through before trying a new brand. I would try jacks next if I decide to try something new.

I still have to go through alot of this thread and see if he made any more adjustments to his sched

AMBiTiOUS

CannaRed I think what you're describing is a lockout? too much Mag will lock out Cal which will appear like brown spots(over fed combined with heat stress) and eventually taking over the leaf.
same goes with too much Cal, can and will lock out Mag, P , K. I hope that you've found a balanced ratio. good luck!

I myself started having issues with Mag so I added 1g/g Epsom every other feed along with 300Ppm calimagic for two weeks and plants look amazing. Also, what I've done is cut my Micro from 6ml to 4-5ml when adding 2-4ml cal mag) Too much N will lock out Mag I think also. My plants are praying and are having 0 deficiencies after making these changes.

im still not sure if I even need the cali magic so i just add 1-2ml now with .5-1g Epsom twice a week. (growing with Leds)
( I made a new acc just to share this info)

Latest posts

Latest posts