What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Growing Weed In Mexico Is No Longer Profitiable

Charles-scott

Veteran
The nicest example of Pink Kush , Love potion and Hash plant I have ever grown was grown under the Mexican sun .
Mexico can develop a product every bit as god as what we have they just need to focus on the technique packaging and genetics ,
The sad fact is that when greed fueled violence is the motivation for cultivation things always go bad and good people who could help them to achieve a much higher quality product always leave .
I love Mexico it is full of great people , great food and potential the sooner we end prohibition the better than the whole world can grow great Green !

Charles (reeferman)

sprinkl

Veteran
Why don't they just up their game? Grow pure sativa's seedless and with care, improving their own landrace lines, breed with other landrace sativa's and make new super sativa hybrids like haze... Both sensemilla buds and the seeds could fetch a high price...

If and when everything becomes legal I should hope that the equatorial zones pump out big volumes of top grade sativa's. They're the only place you can grow such plants at full potential without spending crazy amounts of electricity...

B

Bob Green

People are so stupid!

They can grow herb in Mexico just as good of better than any place across the border. Believe it or not some people down there are really smart and want good weed like the rest of us.

The ONLY reason the U.S. is not flooded with top notch weed from Mexico is because a semi truck full of OG/ECSD/Chem would be smelt by everyone five miles from the bridge. It's just too hard to cross over safely.

It is cheaper to just grow the shit in America. Lots of it indoors and they might just own the shop it gets sold out of too. If you think the only cartel people growing in the United States happens in National Forest... Well shit I got a bridge for sale in Arizona. My uncle had it brought over from London.

These people are billionaires and could possibly own the fucking grocery store you shop at. People think they shove billions under their pillow. It's on wall street and these guys are like Donald Trump.

S

sourpuss

Wonder if mexican organic herb is made with human excrement like the food is haha

ExoticsRus

#1 To explain to everyone why people there can't grow seedless without high tech greenhouse filtering is wild and agri hemp ... Duh we are the only country that can't. That's why hash is so popular worldwide , strain wise or not : seeds will be there if hemp or wild occurs ;)

#2 hemp is a billion dollar making plant

Last edited:

sprinkl

Veteran
#1 To explain to everyone why people there can't grow seedless without high tech greenhouse filtering is wild and agri hemp ... Duh we are the only country that can't. That's why hash is so popular worldwide , strain wise or not : seeds will be there if hemp or wild occurs ;)

It might get lightly seeded from stray pollen but full blown seeded? Doesn't seem likely. Also depends on wind streams, I'm sure some simple procedures could keep weed mostly seed free without needing a greenhouse.

Hash is popular for transport reasons, Moroccan growers prefer to smoke kif which for them is the resinous plant material surrounding the seeds, not the kif as we know it which are resin heads.

As for transporting stinky weed being a problem, I think these guys have decent enough technology to pull that off... We're a while past double ziplock bagging right? Through how much sealed vacuum bags can a weed smell go?

S

sourpuss

I wish all cartels gangs mafias world leaders religious leaders rich folks good luck with the whole drug struggle.... haha ill stay low key small time alive.... mexicans on the come up for realz.... peace...

idiit

Veteran
the cartels can make better money exporting heroin, coke, meth north and actually globally. they got the places to mfg., they got the supply of chems by the truckload needed to mfg.

try running large concentrate operations in the usa. i'm talking tons, not a couple hundred lb's. not gonna happen.

it's the paper trail to the butane, iso, etc. needed to do large runs.

try hiding the paper trail left behind by running large indoor electric generators. look at the logistics of getting the fuel to these generators. it's the logistics.

ok, you know of an operation getting away with some decent weight? not for long my friends. same reason the big meth labs are operated down south. exact same reason.

commercial bud product in the usa is bred for bag appeal and fast yields. bud bag appeal ain't shit in the concentrate biz. now, I do agree that bag appeal of the concentrates themselves have allure, but the bag appeal of the bud in concentrates is moot.

from our experiences the concentrates off potent landraces are excellent. the concentrates off eye candy doesn't compare. you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

when the south of the border types realize that their heirloom elite sativas make awesome concentrates they'll have that queezy "oh no!" moment and maybe start preserving their heirloom landraces for concentrate plant material grows.

transportation of concentrates is ridiculously easier than transporting tons of brick weed.

concentrates is a major player in the new paradigm.

down the road we can look forward to tons of concentrates coming out of south of the border.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Idiit, they are already. No idea how or why, but 3 years ago I was offered "michoacan iceolator" by a shady guy I don't trust and consequently, avoid. Then recently someone else here was telling me about Mexican sourced concentrates and IIRC Michoacan was mentioned, he has zero connection with the previous person, so I tend to believe it.

Goes without saying that the scene there is about as dangerous as dangerous gets, so I will just have to let the brave and the reckless investigate further. As others have said, properly grown quality genetics from Mexico have the potential to be better than anything grown in N. America or Europe, my experiences indoors then out has made me a firm believer in the superiority of Outdoor grown weed and also suspicious that high altitude grows will be the best of all for some varieties. Maybe some "indoor tarts" bred for 20 generations under Son-T will not do so well, I look forward to the times when I can investigate this theory.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Mexico produced high quality seedless product in the past back in 05-07 there was a real push to produce quality Cannabis , than the election happened Calderone came in and Fox exited and the real harsh drug war began .
Serious pressure was placed on the regions where the push was on and that was followed by infighting in the Cartels for control on cross boarder routes because of the pressure from the Govt
This is the period when AFI came on the scene , the whole country has never recovered from what went down after Fox exited .
The whole push for quality seedless Cannabis just fell apart .
C

Last edited:
B

Bob Green

People have been smoking high quality hash in Oaxaca longer then a lot of posters on this thread have been alive.

What Reef is saying is true. There was pretty good herb coming up and that fuckhead Calderon, had to screw things up for everyone. Nothing has been the same ever again.

Dudes are like little Hitlers.

But once full legalization hits the big Pharmaceutical/tobacco companies will head down south and take over NAFTA style and make the big bucks.

"Traffickers" will be called truckers, and "dealers" will be budtenders/clerks. Importation on a mass scale is bound to happen.

B

Bob Green

For those that don't know Mexico has a 6 year term for all presidents with no re elections. they have one shot to make their vision a reality. No need to kiss ass for another term.

Calderon put the WAR back in DRUG WAR! Entire cities where destroyed and countless lives ruined.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Places like this were coming to life from Coast to Coast and real investment was happening to produce great product , there was a time when Mexican grown product was being sold in California as Canadian grown as Canadian genetics were thriving in Mexico .

Attachments

• mexmom.jpg
    mexmom.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 17
  • mexveg.jpg
    mexveg.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 17

dddaver

Veteran
I am so, so sick of reading totally misleading headlines. Yes it is. Mexican weed is still profitable. And I think someone already stated that here too but I ain't about to go back through this long thread just to find that one post. It's only just not AS profitable as the stemmed, seedy brick from even 10 years ago. And there is just more demand for quality by the US market now. And also cartel heroin and meth get bigger profits right now. And THAT is what is happening in the market right now. So growing weed in Mexico IS still profitable, just not as much as it was. That is all.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Here is some pictures of seeds being bred in Jalisco in 05 when the rush was on for quality .

Attachments

• mexbreed.4.5.jpg
    mexbreed.4.5.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 16
  • mexbreed2.jpg
    mexbreed2.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 17
  • mexbreed5.jpg
    mexbreed5.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 14
  • mexbreedhaze.jpg
    mexbreedhaze.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 16
  • smallfieldmex.jpg
    smallfieldmex.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 17
  • mextinywinter.jpg
    mextinywinter.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 17

Charles-scott

Veteran
Some close up of Love Potion and hash plant fully seeded these seeds were all bred for domestic use if you look in the pictures in grow bags you will see STS reversed females that were the pollen sources .
At that time I think this was one of the largest Female seed breeds every done , in the pictures you will see T tape drip irrigation lines they were all fed from 18' round x 4' deep round above ground pools .
The horse in the picture was loaded with seeds no road access everything was hauled in by horseback over 30 miles the fields were plowed with a hook and oxen like the old days these projects were amazing lol I was just in Netherlands where someone suggested these breeds never happened ! Its been long enough to show pics I had to go onto a old hard drive I should start a new thread maybe .

C

Attachments

• lovepotionmex.jpg
    lovepotionmex.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 17
  • mexhp.jpg
    mexhp.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 15
  • mexseedhorse.jpg
    mexseedhorse.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 18