What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

moose/MI

I can't wait for my MG clone to catch up a bit with yours! 😍

@vermontman is there some sort of general rule like "add 3 weeks" because of the downtime turning it into a clone in the same season? I think i had this one in a 3gal by July 1st.
Or does it flower at the same time regardless and it's just smaller?

Attachments

• 20240920_164700.jpg
    20240920_164700.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

vermontman

I can't wait for my MG clone to catch up a bit with yours! 😍

@vermontman is there some sort of general rule like "add 3 weeks" because of the downtime turning it into a clone in the same season? I think i had this one in a 3gal by July 1st.
Or does it flower at the same time regardless and it's just smaller?
Hi @moose/MI!
My Mountain Gold this year was flowered indoors.
But I find clones outside bloom about the same time as the seedling mother cut generally. One real influence is being a bit root bound and of course lots of all day sun.
Hope that helps!

vermontman

Thanks @vermontman !

She's starting to get quite stinky now, getting ripe and ready.
What's the sort of flower time indoor on these? I'm week 9 now and I think she could go another 2 weeks. Maybe.

Cheers dude!
Boy I am not quite sure I have not grown out Mountain gold in many years and we have had several power outages and one of my timers messed up for maybe two weeks keeping lights on at night! UUUGGGHHH!
But it's all good! So it took way longer than I would have hoped? But I know through all of these challenges no HERMS! So great news there! HAHA. So now you will be the experienced one! I and we can learn from you my friend!
That all being said I really love low trim cannabis! I just cleaned up two Mountain Gold and one of my new Oaxacan and not to bad. Because I HATE TRIMMING!!! HAHA
My newly harvested Green Mountain Grape should be a breeze!
CHEERS to you good buddy!
Please keep us posted!

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Boy I am not quite sure I have not grown out Mountain gold in many years and we have had several power outages and one of my timers messed up for maybe two weeks keeping lights on at night! UUUGGGHHH!
But it's all good! So it took way longer than I would have hoped? But I know through all of these challenges no HERMS! So great news there! HAHA. So now you will be the experienced one! I and we can learn from you my friend!
That all being said I really love low trim cannabis! I just cleaned up two Mountain Gold and one of my new Oaxacan and not to bad. Because I HATE TRIMMING!!! HAHA
My newly harvested Green Mountain Grape should be a breeze!
CHEERS to you good buddy!
Please keep us posted!

Thanks man!
I'll get the macro lens out later and have a look at how far along the middle buds are.

I am king of stressing plants out around these parts, and she's looking clean so far. Starting to show a few deficiencies now and slowing down on the new white pistils being chucked out. Only issue she had was stalling out around week 5 or 6, a flush of the coir saw her fire up again. I'll run an amended soil mix next time, I have a couple of cuts going in the veg tent.

She will be a breeze for trimming, I am also not a fan of trimming.
I like to whole plant hang for a week or two and slowly remove the fans day by day. Then come jar time, most of those leaves left on her will just fall away when I snip the buds from the stalks.
I vape, and it's just for me so "bag appeal" isn't a thing in my house and I don't like losing all the goodies on the sugar leaves by trimming them. :good:

This plant is for my Xmas stash, so she'll have a nice long cure. :greenstars:

Have fun dude!

Edit - Piccy from one of the buds down low... But overall, heads are swelling up and clouding over nicely. I think a week should be ripe enough for my taste.
I like them at peak ripeness, some may say a little early, but I don't do amber. I like them at their most psychoactive. :whee: :bigeye:

DSC_0272.JPG

Last edited:

moose/MI

Question for the collective wisdom.
First time growing Green Mountain Grape. 40 years since genetics like these.

Everything is on point so far. It's going to rain today. Fall Equinox is today.
Monday I plan to put a scope on them.

I try to look for other clues that it's time to harvest besides just the scope.
Overall look of the plant. Fade colors. The overall leaves go a bit dull. Buds start to lean with the extra weight being put on. Hairs drying up.
In poker they would call them tells.

In that spirit I wanted to ask about something I'm noticing.
The ends of the buds on my GMG are growing horns! 😉
They are starting to look like Sauron's crown. 👑
Seems like it could be a signal/timing thing. So I'm interested for future grows.

Are this abrupt narrowing and final horns a signal that it's over?
They are finished putting on length? Only fatter from here on?

Is it a Sativa thing?
Because my Purple Satellite are doing it too.
Something to watch for in the future?
Part of my overall assessment?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240921_192545.jpg
    20240921_192545.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240921_192523.jpg
    20240921_192523.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240921_192504.jpg
    20240921_192504.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240921_192455.jpg
    20240921_192455.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

moose/MI

Happy Equinox everybody!

On Sunday, Sept. 22, at 8:44 a.m. Eastern daylight time (5:44 a.m. Pacific daylight time) autumn begins astronomically in the Northern Hemisphere, and spring in the Southern. At that moment, the sun would be shining directly overhead as seen from a point in the equatorial Atlantic Ocean, 461 miles (743 km) south-southwest of Monrovia, Liberia.

This date (like last March 20) is called an equinox, from the Latin for "equal night," alluding to the fact that day and night are then of equal length worldwide. But this is not necessarily so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240922_083823_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240922_083823_Google.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 3

Cactus Squatter

Smells like watermelon candy! Freaking amazing, my whole yard smells like this Zac Tribute and the green mountain grape.
There was a short little bit 2 days ago that the clutch smell came back really strong on her, but the flowers continue to just smell like watermelon jolly ranchers, it’s freaking crazy, she smells absolutely nothing like any of the Zac Tribute I’ve grown out previously.

She also didn’t care about our temps. We went over 100 days of temps well above 100°, usually over 110° and never struggled. The GMG and some of my others couldn’t keep up with magnesium due to the transpiration rates in the heat, but the Zac tribute took it like a champ!
She’s still got a little time left to go but is doing fantastic!

IMG_4398.jpeg

IMG_4399.jpeg
IMG_4400.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts