What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Grandpa’s Red Lemon Thai by Prempavee

GrandpaMillenial

bud shots! 51F at 10/14

plant 1
IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

plant 2

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

plant 3

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1831.jpeg

plant 5

IMG_1832.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

plant 6

IMG_1835.jpeg

plant 1 is getting an unpleasant smell,

plant 2 is still strong with the menthol

plant 3 is still mango, but unfortunately seems to have the tightest buds

plant 5 is pulling through and has my attention

1,2,5 look like they might stretch a bit and give me a nice mini-spear shape

6 is looking like a true long time sativa over 7 weeks of 10/14 and just building her first flowering clusters

RobFromTX

These sure do look like the real deal to me, everything a sativa landrace should have. Beautiful plant structure, thin leaves, extreme nutrient sensitivity. May i ask how you acquired the red lemon thai as i didn't see it listed when i ordered? I think I'll just throw my squirrel tails in some FFOF and run them without adding any nutes. Thais dont seem to need a lot of help

GrandpaMillenial

These sure do look like the real deal to me, everything a sativa landrace should have. Beautiful plant structure, thin leaves, extreme nutrient sensitivity. May i ask how you acquired the red lemon thai as i didn't see it listed when i ordered? I think I'll just throw my squirrel tails in some FFOF and run them without adding any nutes. Thais dont seem to need a lot of help

I had been following a few cannabis growers in thailand and she had a contest. Drop some names get some beans. I was in the right place at the right time.

btw plant 1 has been suffering and i got to the bottom of the situation. That back right corner of my tent is just the harshest part of the tent.

I swapped front left (3) with bacxk right (1) and now the problems with leaf tips curling are starting to appear on plant 3.

also also they are cloning super easily.

Here is plant 6 after 2 weeks in a glass of water on the window sill.

IMG_1854.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

also,

I started all my seeds in straight up happy frog.

I would recommend the following

1 bag happy frog (take just enough out to fill up you dixie cups)
1 bag ocean forest
2 gallons perlite
2 Tblsp of powdered dolomitic lime per gallon

mix well grow that in some fabric pots

i usually add a bit of gypsum, epsom, molasses to my purified water

i’ve given like a tsp of fish emulsion here and there but thats more to feed the microbes no where near a full dose

RobFromTX

also,

I started all my seeds in straight up happy frog.

I would recommend the following

1 bag happy frog (take just enough out to fill up you dixie cups)
1 bag ocean forest
2 gallons perlite
2 Tblsp of powdered dolomitic lime per gallon

mix well grow that in some fabric pots

i usually add a bit of gypsum, epsom, molasses to my purified water

i’ve given like a tsp of fish emulsion here and there but thats more to feed the microbes no where near a full dose
Thanks for the info buddy. Ive had good results with blackstrap molasses. plants just love it. What size pots are you flowering in?

GrandpaMillenial

Thanks for the info buddy. Ive had good results with blackstrap molasses. plants just love it. What size pots are you flowering in?

I start in dixie / red solo cups

sometimes if i have a lot of plants, then i step up to these 1.7 gallon plastic pots
IMG_1855.jpeg

Bit i been finishing off in these 5 gallon fabrics, i like these one with the sown on handles.

They use different thread on top to designate size mine are light blue

IMG_1856.jpeg

RobFromTX

I start in dixie / red solo cups

sometimes if i have a lot of plants, then i step up to these 1.7 gallon plastic pots
View attachment 19068061

Bit i been finishing off in these 5 gallon fabrics, i like these one with the sown on handles.

They use different thread on top to designate size mine are light blue

View attachment 19068062
Yeah i certainly have a love/hate relationship with fabric pots. The water where im at is so loaded with calcium and they get messy and clogged up real fast. I think i'll start mine of in 2gallon fabrics and finish them in my 5gallon plastics. Im going to try to get as many prempavee varieties as i can for my seed collection. I mean if they're about to re-illegalize cannabis in Thailand then they'll shut her down for sure