What's new

Goriilaunit 2K23 51N

wild cat

sativa is clearly visible and has a nice structure. Have you grown it before or is this your first time?

goriillaunit

sativa is clearly visible and has a nice structure. Have you grown it before or is this your first time?
I have had it before, but it was pollinated all last year, you may get a phenotype with a red stem or normal green phenotypes. It had a nice smell, something like grape.

wild cat

I don't know if a pollinated plant will give you the same high as an unpollinated plant, I'm guessing not. What was the smoke like?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gardens are looking great for the most part. When light and air circulation is limited, its common to get leaf spots. I had a couple plants with septoria little leaf spots, but thankfully after removing most of it, it went away pretty much.

Lots of the plants are starting to build some sizable flowers! Going to have some good yields still.

I trim on my own too, thanks for the tip Hillbilly! I have always just used scissors, I'm pretty quick at it, but it doesn't look as good as that bowl trimmer does them! I leave on the branch, cut to length, and hang to dry.

I guess all this will be dried indoors? Do you just use big screens to dry the flowers?

goriillaunit

yesterday's visit to the spot in the reed, everything blooms, there are also 3 plants intended for seeds.
DSC03641.JPG
DSC03642.JPG
DSC03643.JPG
DSC03644.JPG
DSC03645.JPG
DSC03646.JPG
DSC03647.JPG
DSC03648.JPG
DSC03649.JPG
DSC03651.JPG

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great! Ripening well for being so far north! Is there any way you could match the pictures with the strains?

I know its a bit more work, but it makes it a lot more interesting to see the updates. A lot of people like to keep track of growth habbit and structure in different lines, and it makes it interesting to see the progression in other gardens. Also helps to read the plants better to see if there are any traits in common or that are linked with certain phenotypes.

What is that pink pistil plant with the fountain of long foxtails on the flower? Are you drying those autos outdoors? Do you use a tarp or anything?

goriillaunit

Looking great! Ripening well for being so far north! Is there any way you could match the pictures with the strains?

I know its a bit more work, but it makes it a lot more interesting to see the updates. A lot of people like to keep track of growth habbit and structure in different lines, and it makes it interesting to see the progression in other gardens. Also helps to read the plants better to see if there are any traits in common or that are linked with certain phenotypes.

What is that pink pistil plant with the fountain of long foxtails on the flower? Are you drying those autos outdoors? Do you use a tarp or anything?
It's hard to sort it all, too many varieties.
That pink broom is Swiss Mav King Those plants what are drying are seed plants. I'm going to come and get them on Monday and get the seeds out of them.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Usually 2 weeks, but it can be a litte bit on the dry side sometimes. Depends on the weather 1-2 weeks though. If really humid could even be closer to 3 weeks.

They're not in direct light though, this is under tarps in the woods under tree canopy.

gumzgi

i saw pipeline ,but i asked gorillaunit becouse i have seen he just hanged some branches on that tree in sun :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It will be variable. The way to determine when flower is dry enough to jar is when the stem snaps next to the bud.

gumzgi

@pipeline i let a branch outside on a string in open sun for 2 days and i dont see any damage or bad taste from the dew or watever only that the color bleached alittle but the taste very nice and uniform .