What's new

Gender dysphoria and the trans movement.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Where's the deep, rich mole' sauce? No tamales without the mole' sauce. That or salsa verde' One or the other! And preferably the mole'!!
No sauce for me either, just a tamale in one hand and a jalapeño in the other hand. I save the sauces for enchiladas.
whoahh! first tamales and now enchiladas?

note to self: eat at moose house and maybe hidden gems
avoid @So Hai , his food tastes like shit

moose eater

whoahh! first tamales and now enchiladas?

I went domestic northern cuisine today, pop.

A thin-sliced roast beast sandwich, with the nicely seasoned thin-sliced beef piled high, thin sliced Vidalia sweet onion, moderately thick (but on the thinner side of moderate) sliced mild Wisconsin cheddar that tastes closer to a medium, romaine lettuce, and good quality mayo with ample extra-hot horseradish. On over-priced toasted keto bread. Mmm.

But, despite the carb suicide that would be involved, I'd trade it for some freshly made pork or chicken tamales straight out of the steamer... or some moose tamales. We haven't made those in years.

But the mole' sauce has to be there to be authentic Northern Mexican tamales, in my opinion.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I went domestic northern cuisine today, pop.

A thin-sliced roast beast sandwich, with the nicely seasoned thin-sliced beef piled high, thin sliced Vidalia sweet onion, moderately thick (but on the thinner side of moderate) sliced mild Wisconsin cheddar that tastes closer to a medium, romaine lettuce, and good quality mayo with ample extra-hot horseradish. On over-priced toasted keto bread. Mmm.

But, despite the carb suicide that would be involved, I'd trade it for some freshly made pork or chicken tamales straight out of the steamer... or some moose tamales. We haven't made those in years.

But the mole' sauce has to be there to be authentic Northern Mexican tamales, in my opinion.
this is too sexy! and its making me HOTT

thin sliced roast beast with horsey radish sauces>P and good cheese
oh man! i am at half chub and its only our first date

but whats up with the keto bread? why not just have them pile up sliced meats and sauces and just gor for it brother!
/here in cali they have in n out, one of their secrect menu items is a burger where they wrap it in lettuce instead of a bun, i tried it, its pretty good
/pro move: ask for extra sauce

moose eater

this is too sexy! and its making me HOTT

thin sliced roast beast with horsey radish sauces>P and good cheese
oh man! i am at half chub and its only our first date

but whats up with the keto bread? why not just have them pile up sliced meats and sauces and just gor for it brother!
/here in cali they have in n out, one of their secrect menu items is a burger where they wrap it in lettuce instead of a bun, i tried it, its pretty good
/pro move: ask for extra sauce

Hahahahaha!!

My wife recommended the other day that I have my sockeye salmon salad (heavy on celery, onion, sweet pepper, etc) on a mere bed of romaine lettuce.

BLASPHEMY!! Can't do it.

There needs to be a vehicle to carry the sandwich. Either Crunchmaster 6-grain crackers, or Keto bread of decent sort.

If I take you to the restaurant, we'll have to get it to go, because I don't eat in crowded areas for the last 4 years or so, but you've got to promise to carry a hat that's big enough to place over your groin and eclipse your woody if you get excited about dinner.

Walking out of a place with pants stretched outward leaves too much to be gossiped about among the presumptuous patrons. Then I'd have to go back in and engage in a thorough OCD sort of explanation for them about the difference between sharing a meal and sharing a meal with the expectation of sex.

Something that many North Americans, especially males, have difficulty comprehending.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Hahahahaha!!

My wife recommended the other day that I have my sockeye salmon salad (heavy on celery, onion, sweet pepper, etc) on a mere bed of romaine lettuce.

BLASPHEMY!! Can't do it.

There needs to be a vehicle to carry the sandwich. Either Crunchmaster 6-grain crackers, or Keto bread of decent sort.

If I take you to the restaurant, we'll have to get it to go, because I don't eat in crowded areas for the last 4 years or so, but you've got to promise to carry a hat that's big enough to place over your groin and eclipse your woody if you get excited about dinner.

Walking out of a place with pants stretched outward leaves too much to be gossiped about among the presumptuous patrons. Then I'd have to go back ion and engage in a thorough OCD sort of explanation for them about the difference between sharing a meal and sharing a meal with the expectation of sex.

Something that many North Americans, especially males, have difficulty comprehending
whait whuuuttt?!?
you are eating sockeye salmon salad? crackers my man! and pile that shit high

im not a fan of crowded places either, but the ex said i could play nice
but its no problem man, it not that big anyway so no one will notice the bulge
/boes not post pic of tasty food or bulging crotch!

moose eater

whait whuuuttt?!?
you are eating sockeye salmon salad? crackers my man! and pile that shit high

im not a fan of crowded places either, but the ex said i could play nice
but its no problem man, it not that big anyway so no one will notice the bulge
/boes not post pic of tasty food or bulging crotch!
heavy denim blue jeans will or can cover for the embarrassing moment, too, pop.

Learned that in 4th or 5th grade when impromptu members might stand at attention in poor timing during a class presentation while standing in front of the other 25 or 30 students.. Either heavy denim or a huge primmed hat.

Yeah, I ended up eating the sockeye salmon salad on the Crunchmaster crackers.

1717193802993.png

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
heavy denim blue jeans will or can cover for the embarrassing moment, too, pop.

Learned that in 4th or 5th grade when impromptu members might stand at attention in poor timing during a class presentation while standing in front of the other 25 or 30 students.. Either heavy denim or a huge primmed hat.

Yeah, I ended up eating the sockeye salmon salad on the Crunchmaster crackers.

View attachment 19011308
oh wow man! ive actually had those!
nice sesame flavor and a good crunch, heartier than a saltine but not as heavy as a triscuit!
that sounds grinding
you know what else sounds grinding?! salmon salad

moose eater

oh wow man! ive actually had those!
nice sesame flavor and a good crunch, heartier than a saltine but not as heavy as a triscuit!
that sounds grinding
you know what else sounds grinding?! salmon salad
They've got as fairly strong flavor compared to a lot of crackers, but they're heavy on seeds, and they have a quinoa paste that holds them together. An acquired taste for some.

We get the larger 2-bag box at Costco when we buy them.

The sockeye salmon is wild caught Alaska fish, fried in a soy sauce, fresh minced ginger, avocado oil, fresh minced garlic, and maple syrup slurry affair, then the leftovers are flaked out, and cleaned for bones, and mixed with mayo, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chopped celery, diced sweet onions, chopped sweet peppers, white pepper, black pepper, granulated California garlic, Dijon mustard in small mount, and a dabble or 2 of Tapatio sauce. Maybe something I'm not remembering. Sometimes a bit of extra hot horseradish.

My wife calls me in when it's time to construct the salads after the fish has been cleaned of bones. I get the easier creative parts of spicing and adding other ingredients as my role.

Just had a glass of her homemade blueberry-peach-apple wine (~18% abv) mixed 2:1 with her FUCKING AMAZING homemade strawberry wine (also about 18% abv), so it seems a vaporizer of Soul Mate or a joint of California Indica, or maybe a bowl of kief, is in order at this time.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can make fry bread with flax, hemp flour, coconut flour, eggs and sour cream - yeast optional. The tamales swimming in mole was a previous photo.

moose eater

You can make fry bread with flax, hemp flour, coconut flour, eggs and sour cream - yeast optional. The tamales swimming in mole was a previous photo.
Yeah, our homemade keto bread is slightly more carbs than some I've bought in the past.

The best keto bread was from Hero, and they ship 2nd day air to Alaska for free (or did, anyway, maybe still do), but they're SPENDY. (* And their freight boxes are nice for reinforcing with duct tape, to be used as cargo boxes in the freight sleds in the winter, too).

They make a variety of breads and rolls, and even keto croissants !!!!!! But again... SPENDY.

We make our mole' fairly thick, and I burn through a lot of good roasted dried chilis when we make it, but I typically slather a nice fat line of the stuff over the tamales, down the center..

Corn masa on tamales is the way, especially made the old fashioned way with lard and the broth from boiling the meat(s), but it's pretty hard on glucose.

We use flax seed in quantity with a bit of gluten in the homemade keto bread, but primarily we use almond flour, as it's lower in carb than coconut flour, though I believe the texture of the coconut flour is better.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

View attachment 19011347
this is a false equation! as white supremacy is infinite!
/or was that the climate change, i forgot
help me dr zaius!

point still stands
@moose eater is right about the roasted chili in mole, you could put that on anything and it would be ginding!
so lets talk about chocolate in mole! ive had it
its good

now how are you going to get a wild caught alaskan salmon man? with berry wine? and cali indica? all at once? is this the ghey fairy land the dont want us to see!
i want in!

moose eater

this is a false equation! as white supremacy is infinite!
/or was that the climate change, i forgot
help me dr zaius!

point still stands
@moose eater is right about the roasted chili in mole, you could put that on anything and it would be ginding!
so lets talk about chocolate in mole! ive had it
its good

now how are you going to get a wild caught alaskan salmon man? with berry wine? and cali indica? all at once? is this the ghey fairy land the dont want us to see!
i want in!

You have to know the secret handshake, pop.

The peaches came home as frozen leftovers from donations; 17+ lbs. of them on 2 different occasions (35-lbbs. total of the peaches, maybe a bit more). And similar amounts of corporate packed wild blueberries, too (the value of wild blueberries up here is incredible, though these weren't the fabled ALASKAN wild blueberries..

And another 17.5 lbs. of frozen strawberries. All the fruit was frozen but for the apples, and NONE of it had any additives like sulfites, etc. Just frozen fruit. period. perfect for wine making.

The apples we've received about 18 lbs. of on 3 occasions, so maybe 54 lbs. total. Cosmic Crisps or Pink lady, I can't recall. I'm not supposed t eat them, but when they're sitting on the counter in bags and still quite firm and crisp, let's just say that a little dab will do ya'.

The chokecherry wine and the raspberry wine were both made with our local raspberry arbor and chokecherry trees' fruit.

The raspberry and the straw berry both have come essence going on that even after the sugars have converted, there's an INCREDIBE presence of the flavor of the berries that stays onboard.

The salmon I used to have up to 60+ filets smoked and sealed in the freezer(s) years ago, done up in my walk-in smoker, but this salmon was wild caught commercial. I still have a 'bedroll style' wrap of 6 or 8 Copper River reds/sockeye in the freezer, as I wrap them that way for a while before brining and smoking them, as elongated cold freeze time kills parasites without heat, and I tend to smoke my fish at lower temps in the walk-in: around 125 to 130 Fahrenheit. Smoked with locally cut, freshly peeled green alder in a modified Canadian-made tin airtight woodstove.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
You have to know the secret handshake, pop.

The peaches came home as frozen leftovers from donations; 17+ lbs. of them on 2 different occasions (35-lbbs. total of the peaches, maybe a bit more). And similar amounts of corporate packed wild blueberries, too (the value of wild blueberries up here is incredible, though these weren't the fabled ALASKAN wild blueberries..

And another 17.5 lbs. of frozen strawberries. All the fruit was frozen but for the apples, and NONE of it had any additives like sulfites, etc. Just frozen fruit. period. perfect for wine making.

The apples we've received about 18 lbs. of on 3 occasions, so maybe 54 lbs. total. Cosmic Crisps or Pink lady, I can't recall. I'm not supposed t eat them, but when they're sitting on the counter in bags and still quite firm and crisp, let's just say that a little dab will do ya'.

The chokecherry wine and the raspberry wine were both made with our local raspberry arbor and chokecherry trees' fruit.

The raspberry and the straw berry both have come essence going on that even after the sugars have converted, there's an INCREDIBE presence of the flavor of the berries that stays onboard.

The salmon I used to have up to 60+ filets smoked and sealed in the freezer(s) years ago, done up in my walk-in smoker, but this salmon was wild caught commercial. I still have a 'bedroll style' wrap of 6 or 8 Copper River reds/sockeye in the freezer, as I wrap them that way for a while before brining and smoking them, as elongated cold freeze time kills parasites without heat, and I tend to smoke my fish at lower temps in the walk-in: around 125 to 130 Fahrenheit. Smoked with locally cut, freshly peeled green alder in a modified Canadian-made tin airtight woodstove.
now my hat is spinning! smoked salmon cuts
but i knew you were one of them!
you know... a meat smoker
/ i could smell it on you
that sounds like some good eating and even better drinking!
are they fizzy when you pour it?
plus all that fruit! i would blend that up into smoothies!

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

Good peaches are hard to find. You have to buy them on the side of the road down south. Pears are even more difficult, they’re perfectly ripe for about 10 minutes.

moose eater

The fruit processors often freeze or can those fruits that are too ripe to effectively make it to market, so many of the frozen or canned commercial fruits in the store are already at peak ripeness when they're canned or frozen. The trick is to get those that are not treated with sulfites, etc. Which none of these were (treated).

They were awesome peaches and strawberries, by the way. The wild blueberries are sweeter than the average wild Alaska blueberry, but they're still good, even if they don't have quite the level of antioxidants that the Alaska wild blueberries do.

I'm supposed to be headed to Chitina with my daughter to dipnet the Copper River reds/sockeye and one king on a personal use permit, pop.

The current formula for allowable catch is 25 fish for the head of household or permit holder, and 10 more fish for each additional household member, so my wife and I can keep 35 salmon now that our kids are all grown and gone, including the one king if the kings aren't shut down for dismal return numbers. My daughter and I haven't done that fishery together in many years.

Lots more oil and Omega-3's in those fish than in the Kenai River sockeye, which we also used to dipnet, but which I haven't harvested in years for specific reasons. That was back in the days when (with 5 of us here) we used to get well over 100 salmon between the two rivers.

But likely sometime right before that, the second week of July, we have a date for halibut, rockfish and ling cod out on the salt water in the Gulf of Alaska.

I'm a bit worried about my hip(s) at this point, as my lower spine is crumbly again after about 6 years since a triple laminectomy, and an epidural before this last, most recent solo ice fishing trip into the bush in the Wrangell-St. Elias Range in later March, early April, and the hips and lumbar are lighting up pretty good when I go clearing brush with the chainsaw or the brush cutter again, telling me my spinal cord is unhappy and has no "room to move" (to use a John Mayall lyric).

Thoracic spine is giving me shit when I work in the woods too long and hard as well, but that's a whole 'nother type of discomfort or pain. And with that, the neck and shoulders get aggravated due to cervical spine damage. Pretty much the whole spinal column is yelling at me anymore when I do necessary stuff around the place that requires some physical exertion.

I've got to take the older vintage Troybilt Horse rototiller out to the potato field this weekend to get that tilled, fertilized, hilled, and planted. Another preparatory or 'test' moment to see if pulling a 100+-lb. fish up from the bottom of the sea is going to paralyze me or not. :)

Last edited:

So Hai

lmao judging my cooking based on what queer people do in hotel rooms during the festival where pedophile heroes of the rainbow movement hold opening speeches sound kind of predjudiced. no worries though,
some of the places are cool man and as long as the chef washes his hands after he uses the bathroom i dont mind his ghey hands making my food
I bring good tidings that horse paste comes with apple flavor.
7B650BB6-A30B-41CF-BC06-8EEF25D900C8.jpeg