What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Full room reset. Current Culture RDWC. GG4 clone only, what did you expect from me?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Start of week 7. Day 43. Here is the nute strength this week. I know some of you prolly find the hydrobuddy excessive or skim right by it. Let me tell you it has been the BEST thing I have found in growing for me in about 3 years. Super valuable.
I dropped my EC to around 1.1 or so. Shot for around 30 percent below suggested levels.
Hydrobuddy numbers for week 7. Just the 2 items.
hydrobuddy gg4 week 7 mix 1 - Copy.png

hydrobuddy gg4 week 7 mix 2 - Copy.png

Came out to 1.1 EC. Right as hydrobuddy predicted.
Missed the lights coming on today so we get whited out shots. I am happy with the way they are going. I do see a bit more K burn on edges but again much less than at this time last grow. I am learning for sure this run and that has got me happy.
IMG_9095 - Copy.JPG

Smell is increasing as is the frost level.
IMG_9098 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9104 - Copy.JPG

Not the best shots but I will try to get a few more in the morning. Prolly at least 3 more weeks to go. Week 7, 8 and 9. We will start checking them with a loop in week 8 to see how close we are. About the end of week 7 is where I start to get excited for the end.
Sorry not a lot to report on as things, crossed fingers, are going well. When its boring during mid/late flower you know it is going good!
Have a sweet weekend guys. Peace, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello man, I started my grow/thread as well, and turns out i was keeping the ph a bit too low, and got into a P def. I see you didn't post many details about PH, other that the PH 6 i can see on the controller in some of your pics. Is 6 what you shoot for? Can you tell us a bit about your PH management plan? That would help me a lot, and I am sure others could use the information.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hello man, I started my grow/thread as well, and turns out i was keeping the ph a bit too low, and got into a P def. I see you didn't post many details about PH, other that the PH 6 i can see on the controller in some of your pics. Is 6 what you shoot for? Can you tell us a bit about your PH management plan? That would help me a lot, and I am sure others could use the information.
Surely. I normally run my ph at about 6 or just slightly higher in veg. I shoot for 5.9 in flower but I will let it move around a bit. If it hits 5.7 or 6.1 in flower I will adjust to between those numbers. I used to use a Ph controller to keep it exact. I have since moved away from that because it was not needed. My Ph tends to be pretty stable. I found that just checking it daily I can keep it where it needs to be. The Ph controller is super handy if you are gone from your grow for extended periods of time. It will keep it where you set it no problem. Mine tends to slowly drift down. I am aware that letting it move around a bit is fine giving the plant the ability to take up different nutes.
Good to hear you have started a diary, I will have to find it and check it out.
Here is a lights out shot from day 45. GG4 clone only.
IMG_9118 - Copy.JPG

You can see the edge browning and tip burn here a bit better. It is only on some of the fans not all of them and is much less than last run. Looking forward to this next run and making some small changes that will stop this!
Using the Masterblend 0-12-24 from the start of flower and hydrobuddy to keep numbers exact. Those are 2 of the biggest changes along with the increased temps that I will be employing. I think with those 3 items changed up a bit it will make a big difference for me. I am also adding a 3rd layer of trellis to control these leggy ladies.
Have a sweet week all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. End of week 7 has been reached. Day 50. Frosting up more and more and the smell is getting big. Things are going pretty good. The edge browning has continued but again not as much as last run. Really looking forward to nailing it next time with the help of hydrobuddy. Just going with about 50 percent nutes this week. Here is the mix as per hydrobuddy.
week 8 mix gg4 hydrobuddy 1 - Copy.png

week 8 mix gg4 hydrobuddy 2 - Copy.png

Just the 2 items again. Cruising on into week 8. Now I start to check trichomes every other day or so with a loop. Keep an eye on those so I can time my harvest correctly.
Few bud shots....looking whiter daily.
GG4 clone only day 50.
IMG_9127 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9130 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9131 - Copy.JPG

Again looking forward to using that zero N formula from the start next run...I think it will help a lot.

Started growing some hydro strawberries indoors. Have 16 plants rolling along starting to green up. looking forward to strawberries in December when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground!
Just under a little 96 watt t-5ho fixture. Running Jacks 321 mix in a aero set up. WOOT! Not much to look at now but they will start to blow up soon.
IMG_9126 - Copy.JPG

Looking at turning a entire rack like this into food crops indoors. The way prices are it can be a real savings and this type of hydro is so cheap. Food prices are like scary high and I do not see them coming down anytime soon.
Have a great weekend all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. We are at day 59 today. Running on zero PPM water now. Watching trics closely. Just starting to go mostly full white. Looking for that bit of amber then I will choppy chop. :tree: Maybe a week or so more I think.
IMG_9138 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9141 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9144 - Copy.JPG

gg4 week 9 - Copy.jpg

My bud structure is a bit diff than I normally see. A bit smaller and more foxtailed than usual. I am thinking that them being so close to the lights has a bit to do with it. They got a bit outta control in the stretch phase...lol. It was hard to keep light levels up near the bottoms while not having the tops read 1300 PPFD...
Learned some great things this run. All in all pretty good.
Small check list of changes for next run.
3rd trellis layer.
Masterblend no N formula from the start of flower.
Work harder at keeping them lower.
Continue to use added heat during lights on.
Use Hydrobuddy from the start.

Thanks all for following along...we are almost to the end.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

Hi all. We are at day 59 today. Running on zero PPM water now. Watching trics closely. Just starting to go mostly full white. Looking for that bit of amber then I will choppy chop. :tree: Maybe a week or so more I think.
View attachment 19040109
View attachment 19040110
View attachment 19040111
View attachment 19040112
My bud structure is a bit diff than I normally see. A bit smaller and more foxtailed than usual. I am thinking that them being so close to the lights has a bit to do with it. They got a bit outta control in the stretch phase...lol. It was hard to keep light levels up near the bottoms while not having the tops read 1300 PPFD...
Learned some great things this run. All in all pretty good.
Small check list of changes for next run.
3rd trellis layer.
Masterblend no N formula from the start of flower.
Work harder at keeping them lower.
Continue to use added heat during lights on.
Use Hydrobuddy from the start.

Thanks all for following along...we are almost to the end.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.
Looking good fellow GG4 grower. I always underestimate the stretch too. I have to supercrop most plants.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Tent clones are rocking...looking sexy and sweet. Strawberries are doing well. Just changing water today in both these setups. Turns out strawberries like the same ph and nute levels as the GG4...woot!
Using Jacks 321 of course.
IMG_9153 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9157 - Copy.JPG

Having one of my favorite drinks tonight...mmmm.
IMG_9158 - Copy.JPG

Just waiting a bit more till amber time in the flower room. Be getting busy with the scissors soon.
Have a sweet night all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
We are at day 70, end of week 10. All done with this run. Very frosty but very little amber. Smaller and more fox tailed buds than I am used to but I will take it. All in all pretty happy and I learned a bit to. Prolly be chopping in the morning. They have just been getting plain R/O water for about 8 days or so. Woot!
gg4 hydrobuddy week 10 done. - Copy.jpg

IMG_9182 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9183 - Copy.JPG

Looking forward to the next run. My 2 vegging plants are getting big and looking fine!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are at day 70, end of week 10. All done with this run. Very frosty but very little amber. Smaller and more fox tailed buds than I am used to but I will take it. All in all pretty happy and I learned a bit to. Prolly be chopping in the morning. They have just been getting plain R/O water for about 8 days or so. Woot!
View attachment 19045638
View attachment 19045635
View attachment 19045636
Looking forward to the next run. My 2 vegging plants are getting big and looking fine!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.
Very nice m8 nice to see you reap your rewards well done:good:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Wow.. looks like it will lock you to the couch and keep you there for a while. Never seen any plant so amber that it shows so clearly on the leaves. Lots of trichomes as well, and I guess that helps it to show the amber better. Anyway, looking FIRE! :woohoo:
Thanks for that. I like it heavy and that nice touch of amber helps a bit. Letting it go that last week usually does the trick(10 weeks). So many people are in a hurry to chop. I get it if you are out but let that sweet flower come to its full potential. Shame to skip out just a week or 2 early when you already have so much time into it...
Chopping down the jungle.
IMG_9200 - Copy.JPG

2 new GG4 girls looking to get in the flower room soon!
IMG_9202 - Copy.JPG

Strawberries are getting runners now.
IMG_9204 - Copy.JPG

Had been manually dealing with my humidity control in the drying room until last run. I picked up a little Inkbird controller. I have my speedster hooked up to it and that is connected to my exhaust fan set on pretty low. Kicks on when it hits 62 turns off at 58. Holds my humidity right where I need it for drying time.
Works very well for me.
IMG_9206 - Copy.JPG

Looking forward to trying this batch. Since I have a good stash I dont do any early testers. I just let her cure up well for a couple weeks and then give her a burn.
Have a sweet day all.
Peace, negative.

cellardwellar420

I have to say guys having this site is really important to me. It literally is the only way I get feedback about what I do. Also the only way I get to validate that what I do is pretty ok. I have found myself in a position where I have no other people that I share any of this with....none. It is good in that I get to do what I want but it means that I am always doing it by myself. Sometimes that gets old.
I hope you all have a great week.
Peace, negative.
I feel this way aswell, you put it in such nice words. Thank you for posting, i love to read your journal. 😍You are very practical, and i like your solutions.on my first grow, learning alot from this

Last edited:
I had gg4 since it hit the scene. But recently had to decide to let her go. Under led she doesnt come out with the cocoa seirramist funk like she did under HIDS. Left her outside to get hosed down by a starkiller male. Glad to see others are still holding her. Does well outdoor her n motor breath 15 were my 2 that outdoor could pass for indoor. Cool hightech grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks guys for the nice comments all. Very appreciated. 2 weeks drying and they are getting close to jar time! Have not even sampled a nug yet. Be testing firing some this weekend...lmao. Got a great smell and the nugs r frosty as heck.
Have a sweet weekend all! Peace, negative.
Long Live the Glue!

Latest posts

Latest posts