What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Felt cute. Made a log. Might delete, later.

ganja.queen

Been busy. Things are still going along.

Tweaked the way I was cloning and saw success, 3/3

2 cloned in perlite in modified gatorade bottles (cut them so the top could twist down into the bottom securely as a humidity dome).

clone3.jpg

10 days later, roots

clone1.jpg

Cloned another in a shot glass from a party game. Tap water, 8 days

clone2.jpg

If it's as easy as a shot glass, I won't bother with perlite!

Will take more clones and see what's up.

Veg tent has some options to try it out on.

squad.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
neat idea using recycled gatorade bottles! you can unscrew the cap to regulate the humidity inside, plus they are each contained in their own space which is easily isolated
/very nice if you get clones from friends
Guava Fritter, started bloom nutes in foliar spray and JADAM FPJ (fermented plant juice) to soil feed. Next time I'll start as soon as plants go in 12/12 tent. She showed signs of being hungry but resolved as soon as I started bloom foliar spray.

Picked up humic + fulvic acid, kelp + yucca extract.

Side note, every time I hear "Yuh-ka" instead of "Yoo-ka" it drives me a little crazy :rant:

View attachment 19049733
so how is the you-ka doing?

ganja.queen

neat idea using recycled gatorade bottles! you can unscrew the cap to regulate the humidity inside, plus they are each contained in their own space which is easily isolated
/very nice if you get clones from friends

so how is the you-ka doing?
Thank you, that’s exactly what I was thinking - can use cap to adjust humidity and keep isolated. Now I just need friends lol

Yucca seems to be working well. It’s really hard to know without comparison. Can’t wait until I have enough clones going to do that.

ganja.queen

Made lacto bacillus serum from rice water and whole milk. Keeps 1 year in the fridge. Smells like rich greek yogurt.

Benefits:

- helps establish healthy microbial environment.
- accelerates decomposition of organic material.
- produces lactic acid, which, controls pathogens and fungus in the soil.
- out competes harmful organisms.
- breaks down complex compounds like amino acids.
- enhances the uptake of nutrients when used alongside fertilizers.
- improves soil structure, contributes to the formation of humus, enhancing soil aeration and water retention.
- helps maintain a stable ph.
- reduces odor of organic matter.

IMG_6459.jpeg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Made lacto bacillus serum from rice water and whole milk. Keeps 1 year in the fridge. Smells like rich greek yogurt.

Benefits:

- helps establish healthy microbial environment.
- accelerates decomposition of organic material.
- produces lactic acid, which, controls pathogens and fungus in the soil.
- out competes harmful organisms.
- breaks down complex compounds like amino acids.
- enhances the uptake of nutrients when used alongside fertilizers.
- improves soil structure, contributes to the formation of humus, enhancing soil aeration and water retention.
- helps maintain a stable ph.
- reduces odor of organic matter.

View attachment 19056989
look at you go martha stewart?
so how did you make it?

ganja.queen

look at you go martha stewart?
so how did you make it?
I see you have jokes today 😂

KNF (Korean Natural Farming) Lactobacillus Serum
  1. Collect Rice Water:
    • Rinse rice with water, and collect the first rinse water, which is rich in starch.
  2. Ferment the Rice Water:
    • Pour the rice water into a container (preferably glass) and cover it with a breathable fabric or paper towel to allow airflow while keeping out dust and insects.
    • Let it sit at room temperature for about 1-3 days. You'll notice a slight sour smell and possibly some bubbles as it ferments. This process encourages the growth of naturally occurring lactobacillus and other beneficial microbes.
  3. Add Milk:
    • After fermentation, mix the fermented rice water with milk in a 1:10 ratio (1 part rice water to 10 parts milk).
    • The lactobacillus will thrive on the lactose in the milk, fermenting it and separating it into curds (solid) and whey (liquid).
  4. Separate Curds and Whey:
    • After 5-7 days, you'll see the separation. The liquid (whey) is what you want, as it contains a high concentration of lactobacillus.
    • Carefully strain out the curds, and collect the whey.
  5. Store the Lactobacillus Serum:
    • The whey is your lactobacillus serum, which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a year.
  6. Dilution for Use:
    • When you're ready to use it, dilute the lactobacillus serum at a 1:1000 ratio (1 ml of serum to 1 liter of water) for foliar sprays or soil drenches. You can increase the concentration slightly for more significant effects, but always start with a lower concentration to avoid overwhelming your plants.

ganja.queen

Guava Fritter, 17 days flowering. I was not prepared for how hungry she’d be or how fast she’d grow. My nutes started on the light side to err caution but she’s a greedy girl.

In the future, I’ll keep a higher N dose for the stretch and then taper off to bloom dominant nutes.

I think I have her stabilized, leaves haven’t yellowed further the past few days.

IMG_6475.jpeg

IMG_6476.jpeg

The top buds are almost quarter sized so this will be the last foliar feed.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I see you have jokes today 😂

KNF (Korean Natural Farming) Lactobacillus Serum
  1. Collect Rice Water:
    • Rinse rice with water, and collect the first rinse water, which is rich in starch.
  2. Ferment the Rice Water:
    • Pour the rice water into a container (preferably glass) and cover it with a breathable fabric or paper towel to allow airflow while keeping out dust and insects.
    • Let it sit at room temperature for about 1-3 days. You'll notice a slight sour smell and possibly some bubbles as it ferments. This process encourages the growth of naturally occurring lactobacillus and other beneficial microbes.
  3. Add Milk:
    • After fermentation, mix the fermented rice water with milk in a 1:10 ratio (1 part rice water to 10 parts milk).
    • The lactobacillus will thrive on the lactose in the milk, fermenting it and separating it into curds (solid) and whey (liquid).
  4. Separate Curds and Whey:
    • After 5-7 days, you'll see the separation. The liquid (whey) is what you want, as it contains a high concentration of lactobacillus.
    • Carefully strain out the curds, and collect the whey.
  5. Store the Lactobacillus Serum:
    • The whey is your lactobacillus serum, which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a year.
  6. Dilution for Use:
    • When you're ready to use it, dilute the lactobacillus serum at a 1:1000 ratio (1 ml of serum to 1 liter of water) for foliar sprays or soil drenches. You can increase the concentration slightly for more significant effects, but always start with a lower concentration to avoid overwhelming your plants.
What about the curds? Can/Do you eat them?