What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Ever smoked a joint of cherry pie?

kro-magnon

Veteran
There is less herm problem when growing outdoor, I had none in my outdoor grows. But I'm sure there is a huge % of the cannabis plants who are able to make male flowers, never underestimate the ability to reproduce when it is the only goal of the plants.

little-soldier

I am aware of all of that. I think it is massively overblown, primarily by breeders looking for an excuse. I've tested light leaks many times, because I never bought that as a reason a plant would turn hermie. None that I tested did. I've had some severe stress events happen, from plants basically dying from Septoria fungus, to deer eating them down to nubs, to major pest infestations... zero herms.

But I don't work with genetics known to produce hermies very often. Well, except for Thai and Chem lines... but no hermies there either.

So, I guess I just disagree.
i noticed feminised seeds are more proned to bananas in the lowers compared to regular seeds. I've had quite a bit of hermie in my years of growing but never male flowers. just bananas and i suspect it is because im running HPS and plants are around 2-3 feet away from the bulb. Heat is the worst stress on a plant is what im guessing. Weird thing is, ever since i started buying clones, i havnt seen any bananas at all. except for cherry pie

little-soldier

If your after some of the best tasting weed Sour Dubble is what you want.
I did get a cut of sour dubb and although she looks exactly like the real deal, even has variegation, she barely had any taste at all. Im thinking lots of mofos are selling S1 as the real cut and keeping the original. like the watered down matt berger bubba kush cut that farmerjoe was selling. Of course he didnt keep it, shes nothing compared to the original but he still sold her as the original that mofo. Hunger for money is a disease that spreads to humans lol

little-soldier

Those last years I've had trouble with seeds getting out of soil with their shell still around the cotyledons and I've damaged or killed a few seedlings when removing it. I don't understand why more seeds are doing this today, I had never had a seed doing this in my first years of growing. As if some seeds can't understand they are out soil and should open by themselves, very strange and frustrating with the price of the seeds today.
I have made some seeds with a very tasty Banana Bubblegum from TH Seeds I had as freebee, she had such a strong smell and taste of banana candy mixed with lime I pollinated her with some Sowahh pollen, I have a female in bloom right now who has the same terpene profile than her mother, I could send you a few seeds if you want for free.
I've seen it happen since i started growing 20 years ago. I place both tip of my thumbs together to stop my middle fingers from pulling up and ripping off the seedling.the center of my thumbs above the top of the seed shell and and use both middle finger nails to pull up both side of the shells. never killed one doing so but did scrape a few with my nails. I find the hardest part is to pull off the seed skin that envelopes the new shoot after you pull out the shell. I usually hold the stem while i pull the skin up. anyways lol