What's new

Ethiopian sativa

Popey

Veteran
I've just tasted the fastest pheno of Ethiopia.

The effect is definitely stronger than the tallest pheno. I was sweating a little with fear but it wasn't paranoia yet xD Definitely a hybrid effect, although with a sativa dominance. The indica effects I have observed include: strong hunger, drowsiness at the end of the high.
The effect is to send you on a journey somewhere far away, and then come back and you don't remember anything. Amnesia hahaha

Last edited:

Sensistar42

The effect is definitely stronger than the tallest pheno. I was sweating a little with fear but it wasn't paranoia yet xD Definitely a hybrid effect, although with a sativa dominance. The indica effects I have observed include: strong hunger, drowsiness at the end of the high.
The effect is to send you on a journey somewhere far away, and then come back and you don't remember anything. Amnesia hahaha
I have a short onethat’s way more done then the rest. And I think it has a bit different structure then the others. I’ve just been holding off on taking it. This was a while back but now it’s pistils are brown etc.

Attachments

• 9ADA5B63-99E9-4FEB-A7E7-4329752E3BC6.jpeg
    9ADA5B63-99E9-4FEB-A7E7-4329752E3BC6.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 28

xtsho

We need more Ethiopian crosses ! I really needed to say that :skiiing:
:ying:🪐

I've made a few.

So far I have:

{(Ethiopian + Guatemala)}
{(Ethiopian + Afghani)}
{(Ethiopian + Guatemala) + (Honduras)}
{(Ethiopian + Guatemala) + (PCK + Durban)} FEM

Ethiopian sure has gotten popular recently. Good to see it getting the recognition it deserves. It seems more and more people are starting to realize that there is more to cannabis than just the strongest strain that will put you in couch lock. Some of us like to smoke a little pot and still be able to go about our day without being dragged down by the fog that some strains bring.

I'm going to do an Ethiopian + Panama cross when I fire up the indoor tents towards the end of summer. Then I want to cross that with PCK. Preferably a green pheno. But that's still a few months away so those plans might change.

Well damn. It's just midway through June. I think I'm going to toss a few of the {(Ethiopian + Guatemala) + (PCK + Durban)} FEM seeds in some one gallon pots. There's still enough time to get some plants going and finish.

Lebanizer

I've made a few.

So far I have:

{(Ethiopian + Guatemala)}
{(Ethiopian + Afghani)}
{(Ethiopian + Guatemala) + (Honduras)}
{(Ethiopian + Guatemala) + (PCK + Durban)} FEM

[...]

This one sounds super interesting, guatemala is a very calming sativa. The cross should be super zen :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

You will need to properly smoke the fully finished flowers of each female, not just the seed coats, before making any serious judgments.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This is what I’m going to do, looking for the lemon woody ones. I overwatered and stressed them all to early and they all hermed. But like a contained herm. Non of my orient so far or honduras that was next to them had no underdeveloped seeds or looks of anything. 🤷‍♂️

So I will dive the benifit of doubt and say it was enviroment and then find the one I like most and re do that one. All while having a bunch of fems seeds on accident of each one. 🤣🤣

A pic from a few weeks ago.

Sorry to hear that @Sensistar42 Did they throw some bananas? Nice colas for your first indoor grow with them. The flowers look quite advanced, except for the odd stretching at the tops closer to the light on some females.

Sensistar42

Sorry to hear that @Sensistar42 Did they throw some bananas? Nice colas for your first indoor grow with them. The flowers look quite advanced, except for the odd stretching at the tops closer to the light on some females.
Yes but they were sooo tiny compared to other bananas I’ve seen or stressed that I didn’t know if they were bananas or tiny leaves/different morphology structures. Because I’ve never had a pure African before.🤣 though the seeds aren’t going to develop properly because of low nutes/straight water towards the end.so that’s a bit of a wash.

Though it’s all my fault though can’t blame them, I didn’t things differently then I normally did this round with everything. Causing a lot of stresses on the Ethiopians and the honduras.

The 20th will be 16weeks on these and the honduras and they still have a few pistils on the end still white. The honduras and the Ethiopians.

All on 10/14 light schedule. But I’m mostly interested getting them in the jars and seeing there terp profiles so I can start picking the one I like terp wise and getting things moving along.

Sensistar42

Been trying small quick dried bit of each this week. 1 and 2 seemed woody but nose was stuffy when tested. 3 was floral sweet possibly citrus and 4 i tried last night was the most surprising in smells. It smelled like pure mens cologne or the wood, musky wax melts at Walmart.
Was impressed by that profile, though more relaxing then energetic.

Sensistar42

Took down the Ethiopians today, need to get the next round going and pick which one I want to put in so I have to test them. 😄
Smells are as follows

E1 floral/lilac like,woody, some sweetness
E2 much sweeter then anything else and woody.
E3 pure lilac/flower petals not much else.
E4 musky woody

After smelling then back and forth a bunch in the dry tent. E2 keeps putting a grin on my face every time I smell it. We will see how it all plays out. But as they say the nose, knows. 🤣🤣🤣

strain_hunter

Hi, I just started growing again after more than a decade and found this interesting strain. I want to share some impressions and are happy for tips.

The plants are planted from seed and I switched to 11/13 and 4 liter pots after 14 days. Now 18 days later, they got already two cuttings to keep them small.
The Ethiopian are on the right side in the front.

Thanks for your interesting strains @dubi

I will definitely try some of your other strains.

IMG_6338.jpeg

Sensistar42

Had the twst the Ethiopians a bit over the weekend, for research purposes. 🤣
E1 is now more eucalyptus, hint of sweet and is the much mental stupefying and relaxing one of the bunch. Walking around and cleaning the house is a harder task with this one. But a good chill out and enjoy tv and relaxing version.

E2 is still sickly sweet with citrus on the end. Still the most grin enducing one and brightens me up and gives me happy energy.

E3 smells like aloe and a bit like my orient in that way. Not exactly just somewhat similar notes on the pine, body order smell. And is up and moving but not exactly super happy like E2 more of a colder feel for sure.

E4 is wood and musk very chill but very clear headed and relaxing. Somewhat of a cold feel to it.

I think my picks are E2 for daily use for sure and E1 for relaxing and chilling out.

I think both of them would be a nice pair with honduras in different ways.

E2 with a energetic honduras and E1 with a more sedative purple honduras.

Last edited: