What's new

Eddy Lepp Gets 10 Years!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny?---you know, maybe im just a dick, but peoples' attitudes toward Eddy kinda surprise me. is it just me?

I'm sorry, but can you really expect to have 32k plants in plain view and NOT get 10 years? Seriously? Honestly, I think it sucks too, but we all know where we live and what the laws are! I was more under the impression he made a calculated risk to fight through the system, but it doesn't seem like he had the defense he thought he would, or not until it goes to the appelate or superior courts, which hopefully it will. However, they call it a risk for a reason, and he knew what he was faced with when he got into it.

I do think there are some serious issues though that can be brought up in appeals, namely the inability to raise the religious defense. Didn't the Church of Marijuana already win that case in the Fed Superior?

I don't even know what the hell I'm babblin about. You can fight things in other ways. You don't need to sprout 32k plants on the side of the highway.

I think somebody should write a petition for pardon to Obama, and start an e-mail and signature campaign. A Pardon is something the Admin can do to make alot of people happy, that requires none of the legislative action that takes so much time and debate. It's the best bet other then the appelate process.

Peace

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Yes, Subrob, it's a constant surprise to us all... people assume it's arrogance when the church was trying to help sick and dying people.

Perhaps all this animosity towards eddy stems from his desire to reduce the price of a pound back down to $500 so sick and dying people could afford to use it as medicine.

He pissed off the cartel in NoCal with that idea.

And there is yet another newbie whining that he shouldn't have planted 32k plants... and why not? It's JUST A PLANT.

Until we push the boundaries, squeal loudly and demand our rights we will never get this plant legalized. It takes a unified force to make change.

Real change, not "Obama promises."

Nothing is easy.

The campaign has already begun, write Obama and ask for him to pardon Eddy Lepp. Don't get all windy about it, just ask that he pardon Eddy Lepp. Do it in your own words, not a form letter.

Thanks for caring about Eddy and his family...and the cause.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no need to be sorry for asking a good question. the answer, i believe, is that he did NOT expect to get away with it. and he(and others) did it anyway. and because he chose that path, and because of the attention it has brought, and will continue to bring, to the fight we are all involved in, we will benefit. that is why i, and others, dont like to hear people question his integrity as some other posters' did. he isnt fighting through the system, he is fighting THE system. and yes, he did know the risk, and again, he chose the path that benefitted many. so again, my distaste for posters' who question him.

I'm sorry, but can you really expect to have 32k plants in plain view and NOT get 10 years? Seriously? Honestly, I think it sucks too, but we all know where we live and what the laws are! I was more under the impression he made a calculated risk to fight through the system, but it doesn't seem like he had the defense he thought he would, or not until it goes to the appelate or superior courts, which hopefully it will. However, they call it a risk for a reason, and he knew what he was faced with when he got into it.

I do think there are some serious issues though that can be brought up in appeals, namely the inability to raise the religious defense. Didn't the Church of Marijuana already win that case in the Fed Superior?

I don't even know what the hell I'm babblin about. You can fight things in other ways. You don't need to sprout 32k plants on the side of the highway.

I think somebody should write a petition for pardon to Obama, and start an e-mail and signature campaign. A Pardon is something the Admin can do to make alot of people happy, that requires none of the legislative action that takes so much time and debate. It's the best bet other then the appelate process.

Peace

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
didnt realize how strong this double sour was till i reread my post! haha. seems to make sense.....

How am I questioning his integrity? First off, I'm not trying to question Eddy in the slightest. I was making reference to people's "poor Eddy" position, which I think doesn't even give him credit for making the choices he made. He felt he SHOULD have the legal right to do that, but in reality MJ is illegal federally period, and he grew that crop at a time when there was nothing but opposition, not just federally, but much stronger state and local opposition then there is now. He made a choice, and it sucks that he got 10 years, but knew what he was up against. In reality, it could have been far worse. On the other hand, if his sentence was much shorter, then it would not upset the masses as it has, and not have as much of an impact in getting people motivated to write a letter, go to a protest, etc.

Technically he would be fighting THROUGH the system, to get to a higher court where a decision would set precedent and policy, which I'm sure is the plan from here. The phrase "fighting THE system" lends itself better to one who is fighting the actual structure of the system itself, not the laws and policy which are decided BY the system, which is the case here.

BTW, this is also another case which should bring up the debate on mandatory minimums. It sounds like the judge didn't feel like it was a just sentence, but had no other choice.

I know you guys think I am an ass, but I'm just trying to look at it from a more critical position, not blindly following my personal feelings on the issue at hand and bashing people on a personal level who don't agree with my outlook.

Frankly, I think the mans got medicine balls of steel to stand up against something I myself strongly believe in. I admire that greatly. I have taken the same stand myself, although on a smaller scale. I'll tell you what though, alot of people think I am crazy or stupid for standing up to the man, and they are probably right! I would hope nobody would try to even argue with that, or blindlessly and loyally fight on my behalf, but it's like he said about being able to look yourself in the eyes, or for me being able to teach my children to stand up for what they believe in. Pride is an honorable but saddening trait sometimes, when it often causes people to hurt themselves or those around them.

But just to make sure I ramble on a bit:D, what's REALLY fucked up, is that there are ALOT of people who would come out here and say, "Poor Eddy!", or "THOSE FEDDY PIGS!" etc, etc, but at the same time, they grow their "medical" cannabis then sell it on the black market, or to some club for the highest dollar they can get, or even worse send it out in the mail to friggin Virginia or something, which ABSOLUTELY undermines the very bases of the medical movement and give law enforcement a legitimate argument against that movement.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
obviously my post didnt make sense. i thought i posted a couple times i was talking about other posters. and i said it was a good question.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Poll from Sonoma County Newspaper shows the ironic law structure

Poll from Sonoma County Newspaper shows the ironic law structure

At 2035 PST. I will follow up with an update to this after more votes are cast....

Does the current state budget crisis make you reconsider marijuana laws?

We should legalize it and tax marijuana revenue 67%

Marijuana is a drug and should stay illegal 28%

I don't know about this one 5%

Number of votes cast: 308

turbolaser4528

Veteran
fuck yeah they cant lock us all up!!!!!!!! if we all planted even 300 plants everywhere the government couldn't do shit. Its like a strike, the people need to revolt and stand up and not allow innocent people to spend years in prison because they are afraid of losing what they "have" which isn't much anyway.

I feel we are headed in the right direction with this, but how long will it take for a government that is supposed to obey our will to change and actually do what we want?

Its a fucking fascist regime, the government should be afraid of us especially after locking so many of us up for a harmless plant. THEY SIMPLY HAVE TOO MUCH POWER!

that is a lot of plants. But the law only requires 3 plants per license, right? So what was he thinking? Did everyone of the church org. have their credentials or not?

turbolaser4528

Veteran
theyre a bunch of fascists!!

do they have him yet? if not then he should bail

yeah i would leave the country, and bring all my buddies who are in trouble with me. I think he did this on purpose tho and will serve the jail time just to protest prohibition. We need people to light themselves on fire in front of the white house in protest of marijuana. that'll turn some fucking heads

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its time for the million man/woman smoke out march. Eddy, and many others need us. We all need this march. even people who dont smoke. Its all about civil rights, and human decency.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
that is a lot of plants. But the law only requires 3 plants per license, right? So what was he thinking? Did everyone of the church org. have their credentials or not?

Once again a "Misinformed" pothead
What lic.? requires/allows 3 plants?
I know of Ppl Cleared for 60 plants and 3Lbs dried

A "Rec" in My State allows for 15 Mature plants and 24 ozs dried per person...So Now what?

Eddy was ONLY trying to Help sick ppl

May I ask Y U chose to use your first post on ICMag to try and justify LEO's actions? against a man who is No less than a Saint

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Hey mondragonlloyd you are sadly misinformed.

The law in California, Proposition 215 states no limits. Only says that a doctor must recommend the use of Marijuana. There is no License for medical mj use in Cali.

As far as the church is concerned, the Multi-Denominational Ministry of Cannabis and Rastafari, is a legal corporation in the state of California. What other credentials are needed? Do you think GOD hands out letters of credibility?