What's new

Eddy Lepp Gets 10 Years!

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Every time I read something that this kid writes, it's ridiculously ignorant.

I think eddie being in jail does justice to all the other idiots who dumb enuff to get busted...

"who dumb enuff" (who are dumb enough)Kid get off the net and go back to school. Work on your grammar and spelling before you critique someone on being dumb.

AND REALLY? This coming from some one who's "addicted" to the best weed and has nothing to show for $75,000 worth of wasted cash. Well except a complaining-negative-douchbag outlook on life. Cut your wrist vertically dude or better yet...
BAN THIS KID ALREADY!
Karma's a female dog.

I've only said one other mean thing on this site since i've been on here and guess who it was aimed at then too?

But much more importantly my thoughts and prayers go out to Eddy, his family, and friends. He in no way wanted to be a martyr, well at least I don't believe, but he is now suck with the role. There's literally millions of people who oppose this decision and the ones that are against it are not ignorant, but just not informed about the facts and how he was actually abiding the law that we collectively as Californians passed. To say he cared after all those plants personally is a joke and so is our crappy system.

Although I also read a page or so back some one bashing Obama over this. Really? You think with all the things going on that most powerful man in office who has more to deal with than probably most humans on earth, would set aside enough time to get the facts and make a educated decision. I'm sorry no. Not faulting him though either, the task at his hands is insurmountable and to take time on smaller issues (unfortunately yes this is a smaller issue in comparison) would be next to impossible and make him look radical in a time where he's trying to structure his political stance.

Regardless I hope that the Supreme Court will have to take this issue on once and for all and make an actual clear as day decision. It scares me, but with out a federal go ahead I still feel its quasi-legal. Ain't stopping me though....

You got a place to stay with me eddy...

Sorry for the essay..carry on.

T

TheMintMan

unknown prophet said:
...the ones that are against it are not ignorant, but just not informed about the facts...

Not to be a jerk...but I'm pretty sure that's the definition of ignorant. I don't know when people started throwing the word 'ignorant' around like it's an insult, because we are all ignorant of SOMEthing.

Movin' right along...:smoke:

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Ignorance is the state in which a person lacks knowledge and is unaware of something. This should not be confused with being unintelligent, as one's level of intelligence and level of education or general awareness are not the same. The word "Ignorant" is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware or uninformed. The term may be used specifically (e.g. "One can be an expert in math, and totally ignorant of history.") or generally (e.g. "an ignorant person.") -- although the second use is used less as a descriptive and more as an imprecise personal insult.

but yeah you got me there...jerk.

T

TheMintMan

Don't be so sensitive, nancy. :D

unknown prophet said:
...the ones that are against it are not ignorant, but just not informed about the facts...

unknown prophet said:
...The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware or uninformed.

So annnnnyways, anybody close to Eddy know when he might be able to appeal this? Does he have to wait until after he turns himself in?

Obama has enough time to get a dog and do University graduation speeches, but he can't take the time from keeping an old man who fought in vietnam from going to jail over some flowers?

C

Chamba

A sad day for Eddy......but the fight is not over yet!

and don't the Fed love cutting down the tall poppies. Did the defense call on all the dozens of med patients involved with Eddy's grow to testify or did the Feds squash that too? How did Ed Rosenthal get off? wasn't he caught with hundreds of plants and walked free?

Patel called the sentence "excessive," but said she had no choice under federal law.

In Australia and other places, (I've been told that) a judge can sentence below the recommended minimum limit if they so choose, and in doing so sets a precedent. Though it is usually only used in exceptional cases, just like this...everytime a judge sentences some grower or re-seller to 8 or 12 years then they come out with the Federal Law excuse/cop-out, I always think how badly the US needs more flexibility in sentencing.

T

TheMintMan

Chamba: I don't think they can even mention the medical defense so they probably didn't allow any of his med patients to testify because you know that's the first thing they would've started in with...

What I don't understand is why none of the people actually growing the plants came forward and said, "hey, those are my plants." Maybe the message the fed was trying to drive home was that if you are a land owner and have knowledge of illegal marijuana cultivation on your property you can get in BIG trouble.

I don't understand why people think Obama is doing such a great job. Seems to me he is more concerned watching private screenings of Star Trek at the White House, going to his kid's soccer games, and making graduation speeches at Universities.

Seems like he is more focused on being a dad. Maybe he should have waited to run a country if his kids were going to be his priority. But then again, that's why people loved him so much. He's got those cute little kids which mean more to him than any of us dumbasses.

R

REDEYE_420

OOOOOOUUUUCH! 10 fuckin years and 5 years probo! What a joke-no one should go to jail over growing MARIJUANA plants whether they grew 20 plants or 20,000 plants. Your goverment is well backward when it comes to GANJA. You got state laws sayin medi GANJA ok but federal laws that say you cant touch GANJA....??..??
Keep on fighting America!
Peace.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Can we just take over some tiny country somewhere and make it a refuge for cannabis convicts?

orrrrrrrrrrr

We could repeal the asinine laws in the US.

It'll take a little longer, but like John Lennon said, "Imagine"
Then work to make it happen.

What a suck ass position to be in. A state that supposedly leads the way for medical use, being at the forefront of prosecuting a group to set an example.

This is a slippery slope indeed. The percentage of users that can get plants to harvest is low, so the demand for growers has a problem supplying the market.

I dunno - wtf good does it do for elections to pass decrim and medical use laws and the local police the internally decide to use federal laws. -

I hear others say leave the country, better than jail?,, yes but it won't change the laws - local AND federal.

As I ponder the prospects - if all growers were to turn themselves in, at the same time on the same day - we could effectively shut down the legal system and bring it to a halt.

THAT would provide additional leverage.

And probably create a nation wide shortage of good people with good bud.
nevermind

I salute you Eddy Lepp.
Where can I donate to the defence fund?

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Visit eddylepp.com for a link to PayPal so you can donate to his legal fund...

Eddy Lepp may be a cigarette smoking loud-mouth, but to us he is a hero. He stood up to the Man.

Any of you got the balls to do what he did?

If you do, then you can say something.

If you don't then SHUT THE F*&^ UP and pay a little respect to someone who actually fights for YOUR RIGHTS.

The judge disallowed any medical mj testimony. She also threw out any mention of religious use. She ordered the jury to consider only the fact of the plants existence and no other reason.

This case should have been thrown out or declared a mistrial due to all the procedural errors by the judge.

What have any of you done to push the envelope for others?

How much medical MJ have any of you given away for free?

If you think Eddy Lepp got rich, think again. The house is probably going to be foreclosed on, the land taken by the feds, and his military pension yanked when he goes to jail...

If you knew the truth you couldn't handle it.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Balls,, that's shit news :no:

All hope a mindful appeal takes place.

peace n flowers n love

T

TheMintMan

Does anyone here know someone in Eddy's camp? Maybe if someone close to him came in and started a thread...keeping us updated on how things are going legally and how Eddy's health is...it might motivate more people to donate to his defense fund. I think for a lot of people this still isn't entirely real...or at least not close enough to home for them to care.

Someone needs to write a well articulated letter to Mr. Obama asking for a pardon. This case definitely has the magnitude to warrant it. A man is going to PRISON for 10 years for growing a plant. Whether it be medical, religious, or neither shouldn't make a difference. Lets all call Obama out on his "Hope and Change" BS...if he really wants to change things, he should start by injecting some compassion into our cold-hearted government. I hate hearing people say he's got enough to deal with "being the first black president". Who gives a f***? Being the first doesn't do anything tangible for the American people...actually DOING something different than all the other politicans before you makes a difference.

Time to start the "Pardon Eddy Lepp" campaign.

Skip

Veteran
Does anyone here know someone in Eddy's camp? Maybe if someone close to him came in and started a thread...keeping us updated on how things are going legally and how Eddy's health is...it might motivate more people to donate to his defense fund. I think for a lot of people this still isn't entirely real...or at least not close enough to home for them to care.

Someone needs to write a well articulated letter to Mr. Obama asking for a pardon. This case definitely has the magnitude to warrant it. A man is going to PRISON for 10 years for growing a plant. Whether it be medical, religious, or neither shouldn't make a difference. Lets all call Obama out on his "Hope and Change" BS...if he really wants to change things, he should start by injecting some compassion into our cold-hearted government. I hate hearing people say he's got enough to deal with "being the first black president". Who gives a f***? Being the first doesn't do anything tangible for the American people...actually DOING something different than all the other politicans before you makes a difference.

Time to start the "Pardon Eddy Lepp" campaign.

The "Free Eddy Lepp" campaign has been ongoing for years now. He's been facing these charges since 2004.

But a letter writing campaign is always a good idea, it can't hurt, don't cost much and if enough ppl do it, it will have some effect.

Hopefully Eddy will win his appeal and not have to go to prison. But he does need ppl's support to keep fighting the good fight. :)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wev makes a point.. also no one said a peep about how he basicly screamed FUCK YOU. to the state legislator by planting 32,000 plants near a hwy... He may be a great guy but he brought this on himself

----ive been staying away from this thread ever since i saw sir little nuggets make her jerkoff post(though i did go to another thread and thrash her a little there)<it must have been the withdrawls she was going thru at the time>......but the above post is kinda silly. OF COURSE he brought it on himself. OF COURSE he was saying FUCK YOU to anyone and everyone who has a hand in draconian cannabis legislation. WHY DO YOU THINK HE DID WHAT HE DID? so people would start to take notice, and maybe, just maybe, things will change and people like you and me wont have to worry about doing 10 years in a federal pen for growing a plant.
---cmon people, anyone here actually pointing out anything that eddy and his friends and legal team havent thought of? leave your well wishes for eddy or shut the fuck up.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
and i didnt even see this post! are you fuckin kidding me? not building him up to be a hero, just a freedom fighter who is willing to put his ass on the line. what have you done? thats what i want to know-what have you done that has brought one millionth the attention to how silly it is to put a man in prison for what could be the rest of his life. people need to show a little respect. shit, its embarassing to even have to point this out to people that are in the canna community. supposedly...

You people build him up to be a big hero.He Heads a religious Cult that plants marijuana in massive amounts besides Highways.
Now let me see? What Country? Oh yeah the One Bleating on about FREEDOM.
32Kplants?
Heady Eddy.
Some people are just greedy.

WAR on Everything.

and bush did Chong for selling bongs...

That hypocrit smokes 3 packs a day.

N

NOYB

Talked to a buddy who recently got out on a federal marijuana rap and said Eddy, if the appeal does not fly, will do about 6 years. The probation sucks cause they can violate him almost on a whim. My buddy's PO is a fucking hard ass. Doesn't even know his case and accusing him of having some ridiculous plant count.

LOL. This is some funny chit!
THIRTY TWO THOUSAND!
They are even basically saying. GROW WHAT THE FAWK YOU WANT, BUT DON'T BE A COMPLETE ASS AND PUT IT NEXT TO THE MAIN VEIN!
The guy is probably nice, even well intentioned. BUT 32,000 PLANTS IS GONNA GET YOU LOCKED THE HELL UP!

VirginHarvester

Veteran
If we do our fellow human beings justice, 100 years from now Eddy Lepp will be remembered as a fighter for human rights and justice. Barack Obama will be remembered as a barbarian that locked people like Eddy in cages because he didn't like what Eddy was doing. Vacate his sentence tomorrow Barack Obama, say one word in support human rights, or rot in history as just another scumbag with a content of character barely better than Bush.
No no, it's all Bush's fault. Seriously, what would you expect from a fascist power hungry dickhead?

Latest posts

Latest posts