What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

EBB&Flood 400w 11xChronic ScrOG

RuralRoute420

LOTS OF QUESTIONS

LOTS OF QUESTIONS

hope i don't overbear ya with all the questions, but toying around with the same kind of setup, but not scrog, but AM trying scrog with couple of DWC's (which is a pita - the rez part of it.) on to the questions:

1.) what's with your weird light schedule?

2.) how long did you veg for?

3.) if you hadn't vegged them, do you think you could have gone with a smaller footprint (put the plants closer together)?

4.) was that a total of 10weeks flower or both? 10 weeks flower sound so long...

5.) i see you hydroton is pretty shallow. take it you don't need that much? i made mine pretty deep on the assumption that it would be more root space....but i fit twice that many in a space 1/2 that size

6.) did you have to actually tie the buds to the screen to get them to stay?

7.) and finally, is it wise to cut off leaves under screen, i understand the suckerbudz, but wouldn't the plant still use the leaves?

8.) add-on did you find a difference when adjusting the flood schedule to more fills?

if you want to take this to PM, that is fine, but i bet somebody else was thinking one of these questions also. rr420 :lurk:

Last edited:

special-q

NiteTiger: Thanx, me neither:)
RuralRoute420:
1.no weirdness in it, 12/12. Started with 400w, and added 250w since it had no use..:)
2.I vegged for 30days, partly cos i gave 1/2 of the nutes for the first 2-3weeks just to make sure theyd survive..though, it seems that chronic is wery wery tough son of a ....... really it is!
3. the plants are approx 15cm from eachother, 11 of em. You can put em closer but i dunno if the rootspace is enough then...
4.Flowering. But i vegged em a bit too long and they had 1/2nutes for 2-3first weeks. 3weeks of vegging is probably enough if it gets all the nutes it needs.
5.Yes it is shallow, but it works fine. Im gonna but a plastic cover on in it the next round so that the roots could use all the space available and cover all the hydroton pool. Try it? more double the space for roots with a little bit of effort:)
6.Some of them yes. But i noticed the best way to do it, is to tie `em into a repeating pattern. Helps to keep buds in straight lines so that the light distributes evenly. At least thats what i gonna do next round from the beginning. But yes, tie em. Helps alot:)
7.Well in my oppinion they dont get that much light, And it takes energy to sustain these leaves right? SCRoG is everything else but a natural way for this plant to grow. I would advice to took em away. at least thats what i did:)
8.Not actually, as you said my pool is a bit shallow, so it drys pretty quick. When covered every 4hours should be OK. Though every time it floods it brings a fresh load of nutes for the roots, so thinking in this way it would help the plants? But as you know it`s allso important not to let `em rot due the overflooding.

And finally, these are simply my oppinions. If anyone has any better ideas feel free to correct me:)

RuralRoute420

excellent, you answered all of my questions, sofar....sure to have more.

i totally misread your first post, was reading your flood schedule and i was high, now i see. like i said i'm running something real similar, only less wattage and less space. with no veg time, i feel like they are far behing, plus 175w MH ain't much instead of thread-jacking i will post link if you want to check it out. peace. :joint:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=383307#post383307

special-q

RuralRoute420:Nice system you got there!
WeedTime:Heheee, thankz^ ^
Underground Man:Cheers dude, cant wait to see results:)

rr14

suscribing. I wish my scrog canopy looked like that! I'm 1 week into flower and only have 1/3 of my screen filled by one plant and 1/2 by the other plant. I'm going to follow your veg schedule next time around.

smokinagn19

Did you TOP, LST or anything of the sort. and very nice grow. I look at your pics as a personal goal and refrence. looking forward to the yeild #'s.

special-q

RR14: I say let `em grow and fill the net..! narrrr, this worked for me, chronic is about 130-160cm high at most.. and should triple it`s height during the flowering perioid, and it worked just fine:) but its just my oppinion.. but thanx fo the compliment!
Smokinagn19: cheers, thanx! I tied em and in the most crowed places is just cutted on bud away..Naturally i trimmed almost all of the leaves away, little by little.. That`s it.

Btw, some photos from the harvest day..now just waiting..

Underground Man

:yoinks: nice bud pile :D

8378scissors.gif

8378applause.gif
8378applause.gif
8378applause.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts