What's new

Easy CFL method... Powerstrip + adaptors = no wiring hassles

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
The downside to the plug-in adaptors is that you could lose upwards of 1.5 inches of vertical space, depending upon their configuration. Also, I would be concerned that the weight of the CFL's (more so if you are using 2-way splitters, a la Red_Greenery) would pull the adaptor out of the powerstrip, especially if they are mounted upside down...

ReeferDan

panopticist said:
The downside to the plug-in adaptors is that you could lose upwards of 1.5 inches of vertical space, depending upon their configuration. Also, I would be concerned that the weight of the CFL's (more so if you are using 2-way splitters, a la Red_Greenery) would pull the adaptor out of the powerstrip, especially if they are mounted upside down...

This happened to me, i broke 2 $10 42 watt bulbs. Then i ziptied the rest of my lights on... oh well its easier to cool 4 42 watt lights than it is to cool 6! haha. I might add 1 or 2 of the 23 watters to my light strip now. But i definatly reccommend using something to hold the lights to the powerstrip if you use one of these adapters.

est1977

i am currently configuring a mom clone setup using this same idea(for a friend) and am in a 19x21 in cab with 2 150 w cfls i'm guessing it will be like 120 w a sqft ill post pics when its finished i also plan to mount my strips sideways so i don't have an issue with falling sockets

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
Yeah, this powerstrip method is an easy way to set up a CFL bar, I used it on my first grow, and it's very easy and flexible to change things around, as the grow progresses. I used both single connectors and also Y connectors attached to the power strip.

The best way to mount it in my opinion is horizontally, then you don't have to worry about any sockets falling out of the power strip, and besides, more light power comes out of the sides of the CFLS than from the tops.

:rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts