What's new

Dutch Passion Blueberry

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I luv DP's Blueberry......looking good......I really like the sativaish branchy pheno Blueberry from Dutch Passion.......mmmm vanillaish skunky berry definatly one of the top Blueberry's out there......and yes I grew DJ' Shorts True Blueberry(still got 2 seeds)and was VERY disappointed with it.......yea DJ's True BB turns pretty purple.....but like somebody posted" purple don't mean shit when your smoking it in a pipe" I didn't care for the taste or potency of DJ's True BB.....maybe Dj's regular BB might be better but I never ran it......That DP Blueberry when grew by a good grower like Hempuluv will give you a nice stash of some of the best tasting pot you can get.......BB is not for inexpereniced growers as it can be a problem sometimes......and you can tell by looking at a growers BB if he/she knows what there doing........damn nice Hempuluvr your gonna be feeling like a king smoking that tasty Blueberry this summer......enjoy it all you guys have got some damn nice BB grow going Schsofrozezick, Hemplurv and the other guys looking good guys......I get 3 pheno out of DP BB 1 is the sativaish branchy 2. the indica dominant 3. the mutant indica......all 3 are good especially the sativaish BB

I have this Mutant BB, that I was gifted for a mother plant that my buddy gave me. Well he doesn't have any info on the breeder's. Well this BB is so lanky, and long, grow room hog! Well the mother ended up going into flower due too power outage's. there's nothing special about the mother's bud's yet, but the clone's I took from her are looking awesome so far but there still looking mutant with three tops. Well the mother plant is throwing these little popcorn buds and there so small, but covered in trics. This plant isn't going to yield huge but I smell some good bud. Here's some pic's of the mutant and the clone's. My Chronic, and Critical Mass are huge yielder's with unreal trics covering the whole plant's, and they smell unbelievable and look amazing here's a couple pic's of them which everything I have is crossed with my favorite W.W. female "nanner" pollen that has pollinated the whole tent. It's a plus since I have no seeds on any of these strains except W.W. 4ever , I would love the W.W x B.B. also WW x CM, and W.W. x Chronic well I'm hoping anyways!!! here they are around day 20, new pics later 2day day 30.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
What To Do Now?

What To Do Now?

Today was a good day and a bad one. I go to check my plants as usual and take some pics. What do you know,2 of my Blueberry are tossing nanners. One pheno,the more sativa one only had one nanner on her. But the other one,the one with the fat indica leaves had many on her. I am talking about at least 10 of them. They are 30+days into 12/12. These are regular seeds,not fem. I have these in the room with some white rhino and some unknown smelly shelly. All plants have right around 30-40 days left,not looking for a bunch of prego plants. My other flowering chamber is to short for these tall girls. Cannot move them there. It would kill me to have to tear them down now. They are just starting to pack on the resin. The mutant is fine. No nanners on her,she just has so many budspots! I am not impressed with Dutch Passion so far....well at least their Blueberry. What do I have to do,buy 4672486724 packs to find a stable plant with no nanners and decent yield? The mutant is in the middle,mrs herman is on the left and 1 nanner is on the right. Keep It GreeN....Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1nanner.jpg
    1nanner.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 25
  • allb1.jpg
    allb1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 25
  • mutant.jpg
    mutant.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 23
  • herman.jpg
    herman.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 29

Megas

How is this blueberry different from dj shorts? I've never seen a lineage for dj shorts so I'm curious how these guys came up with it?

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
How is this blueberry different from dj shorts? I've never seen a lineage for dj shorts so I'm curious how these guys came up with it?

Read towards the beginning of this thread,we do talk about it. Dp did get their seedstock from DJ

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today was a good day and a bad one. I go to check my plants as usual and take some pics. What do you know,2 of my Blueberry are tossing nanners. One pheno,the more sativa one only had one nanner on her. But the other one,the one with the fat indica leaves had many on her. I am talking about at least 10 of them. They are 30+days into 12/12. These are regular seeds,not fem. I have these in the room with some white rhino and some unknown smelly shelly. All plants have right around 30-40 days left,not looking for a bunch of prego plants. My other flowering chamber is to short for these tall girls. Cannot move them there. It would kill me to have to tear them down now. They are just starting to pack on the resin. The mutant is fine. No nanners on her,she just has so many budspots! I am not impressed with Dutch Passion so far....well at least their Blueberry. What do I have to do,buy 4672486724 packs to find a stable plant with no nanners and decent yield? The mutant is in the middle,mrs herman is on the left and 1 nanner is on the right. Keep It GreeN....Enjoy!

sorry to hear that Hempluvr, but remember hermi is part of the genetics of Bb due to the thai sativa. i have read everything i can find online about bB and this was one of the best posts (noty sure who by)
(source unknown)I've grown DP's Blueberry and I'm currently growing DJ Short's own release. I see very little difference between the two, except perhaps a greater phenotype variety in DJ's line.
There are different types of Blueberry criticism. Those who have grown both DP and DJS sometimes say that there are greater chances of finding a good keeper in DJ's line (Which might make sense if there's a greater phenotype variety). These are the Blueberry fans. They love the strain and the high, which compensate for its few shortcomings.

Then you have the growers that have heard a lot of praise, and get the Blueberry without knowing too much about it. They risk getting disappointed, because it's easy to fail a Blueberry grow. You have set the nute levels low, or the plants will curl up and skimp out on yield, and even if grown to perfection, it risks to deceive in yield. It is also not the most potent strain out there. It is potent enough, but not on the same level as C-99, Super Silver Haze or Sour Diesel. Moreover, the strain is called Blueberry, so lots of growers think that they'll get a blueberry tasting strain, only they end up with something smelling fruity/berry/earthy. I've heard that some phenos actually do produce a blueberry or blueberry muffin smell (such as the Dabney, if it is a Blueberry), only I didn't come across it in three packs of Blueberry (on the other hand, I've had phenos smelling rotten meat/berry). Last but not least, growth and leaf mutations are common in DJ's lines. Many growers think that this is 'bad' for some reason, and cull these phenos straight away, while in fact many of them turn out to be the keepers.

So, here are five reasons to be disappointed in Blueberry:
Ease-of-grow
Yield
Potency
Smell
Mutants

Now, if you're not sold on the Blueberry high, I can see why some growers rant. In a commercial garden, for instance, Blueberry simply doesn't cut the cake. It's too finicky.
The thing is, if you get the cheaper DP version (which is DJ Short's Blueberry just as much as his own line), you might think its shortcomings are because of DP, and decide to thrash the seedbank rather than the strain.
But people who gets it from DJ Short generally knows about him and his work, and know what they're getting into. They have a great respect for the breeder, and will think twice before they flame his best strain in a thread.

I have no other explanation for why there are so many DP Blueberry haters out there.

As to DP, you can't say that all of DP's strains sucks or rocks, because it is more of a seedbank or a breeder's collective than a breeder. Some of their genetics come from DJ Short, the rest is a mix of different genetics coming from various sources, all sold under the DP flag. You can make an overall statement on Serious Seeds, because Simon (the owner) bred all his strains (as far as I know). Same thing with Spice Of Life, but not DP. As far as I'm concerned, DP has some less remarkable strains, but they also have some outstanding genetics.

I haven't tried them all, but those I can vouch for are Blueberry, Skywalker, Super Haze and Power Plant. If you think any of those strains are 'crap', please explain to me in detail why.

i am now convinced that more people have success with Dp fem Bb than with the regular. sounds strange but perhaps the famale they self has less hermi leanings that the male they use for the regular.

hope you still get some good smoke
V.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
sorry to hear that Hempluvr, but remember hermi is part of the genetics of Bb due to the thai sativa. i have read everything i can find online about bB and this was one of the best posts (noty sure who by)

i am now convinced that more people have success with Dp fem Bb than with the regular. sounds strange but perhaps the famale they self has less hermi leanings that the male they use for the regular.

hope you still get some good smoke
V.

Thanks for the find VerdantGreen! I must say,I have not tried anything else from DP,just the Blueberry. I think I am going to just keep them in the garden for now and see what they do. They have good strong growth and seem to be shoot out as soon as 12/12 hit. These are only in 2 gallon pots and still 3 feet tall. Has not been hard to grow,only because I did my research on the plant before growing it out. Low low nute levels and lots of water. They use water so much in flowering. More than my other varieties. I am VERY watchful over my garden. I am in there everyday looking for male flowers and inspecting plants closely. Only way to be,especially with this BB! Keep It GreeN....and Blue! :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they do stretch some!

i've got a cut of mine just starting to veg, ill post a pic when she's filled out a bit.

best,
V.

C

CannabisSativa

I guess I can scratch of DP BB for my next grow...I do not want to deal with all these problems. I guess im ordering Sensi Seeds Jack Herer this weekend :joint:

thanks for the heads up hempluvr.

I

icon

If your hesitent about DP blueberry or dont want to put up the money for DJ's then go with joey weed's suppose to be f2's.Ive had really good results with joey's BB x C99 & bought a pack of BB a few weeks ago to try.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I guess I can scratch of DP BB for my next grow...I do not want to deal with all these problems. I guess im ordering Sensi Seeds Jack Herer this weekend :joint:

thanks for the heads up hempluvr.

To buy a pack of BB and end up with a bunch of hermi`s is very discouraging. I knew when I started them that this could be an issue. But damn! Jack is a good choice,cannot go wrong with Sensi! Keep It GreeN! :joint:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just ordered myself some of DJ Shorts True Blueberry will be nice to do a comparison to my DP blueberry....

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I ordered some too Benji,along with the Cocoa Kush and GHS Super Lemon Haze! It looks like the DJ version looks better. Do you have any info on the True BB Benji? Do you know if it has as many issues as the DP BB?

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
Damn that's disappointing hempluvr......I have had one of the most Blueberry smelling Blueberry plants from DP it was lip smacking good and would leave the sweetest taste on your lips after smoking......but hermie......some things never change......are there any non herms at all?

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ordered some too Benji,along with the Cocoa Kush and GHS Super Lemon Haze! It looks like the DJ version looks better. Do you have any info on the True BB Benji? Do you know if it has as many issues as the DP BB?

Not sure bro i just read up some threads in the DJ shorts and legends vendor forum true blueberry looks good from what ive seen..!!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Small Update

Small Update

Here are the 3 ladies. No more nanners have formed since I took the last one`s off. I have been inspecting these 3 ladies everyday without fail. They seem to be filling in nicely now(cept the mutant) The one that threw out the most nanners(whom I call herman)is starting to smell blueberryish. The mutant has more of a chocolate smell to her and the 3rd one is very healthy,very vigorous but has no distinct smell yet. Still getting impatient with these things. I am dying to smoke the BB,and with DJ`s TBB on the way.......I can`t fucking wait!!!!! Enjoy the pics and Keep It GreeN! :joint:

Attachments

• bbherman.jpg
    bbherman.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 26
  • mutant.jpg
    mutant.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 25
  • GEDC0195.jpg
    GEDC0195.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 26

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like you may be ok - fingers crossed for you on the nanner front

here's my fem DP Bb cut - topped and vegged for about a week. the next leaves will have 5 fingers, ill try and get another veg shot b4 i mutilate her onto my scrog screen!
picture.php

later
V.

Latest posts

Latest posts