What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Durban Poison

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
As I have 30 of the CBG durban going now, is it worth getting the tropical to compare? The tropical reads like it was worked a bit more. Thanks for any info.

I have yet to grow my pack from Tropical, so I can't say.
I got them quite cheap with an recent offer they were doing. Currently they are now priced 70€, that's quite expensive.

It would be interested to see a side by side grow. Not so much is to be found on the boards. It would make a killer thread.

Guinness

I have people messaging me on Instagram or emailing me to ask about Durban Poison so thought I'd write a thread here.

You are probably better off buying Durban Poison from a seedbank or someone that did a preservation effort as opposed to coming to South Africa to look for it. It got completely wiped out here around the 80's maybe late 90's. I've only seen Durban Poison crosses but never a pure sativa that was Durban Poison.

I've been to Durban and I've tried finding it. Even with good contacts you won't find it. I know some people in the USA definately have seeds as part of some preservation efforts.

Also there is a pheno of Durban Poison that everyone is looking for that is supposed to have a Liqourice smell. Good luck finding that. I think the guy who runs potcast has a strain he made that fits that bill.

Anyways Swazi Gold and even Malawi Gold are also becoming super hard to find these days so if you have it in pure form(not crosses to something) then hold on to it tight.

I know i totally probably wrong here but I say check out the genetics by quebec seeds. They seem to be working with with old seed stock which they've preserved. They offer a durban poision. How close it is to the original landrace, I'm not sure.

Guinness

I have people messaging me on Instagram or emailing me to ask about Durban Poison so thought I'd write a thread here.

You are probably better off buying Durban Poison from a seedbank or someone that did a preservation effort as opposed to coming to South Africa to look for it. It got completely wiped out here around the 80's maybe late 90's. I've only seen Durban Poison crosses but never a pure sativa that was Durban Poison.

I've been to Durban and I've tried finding it. Even with good contacts you won't find it. I know some people in the USA definately have seeds as part of some preservation efforts.

Also there is a pheno of Durban Poison that everyone is looking for that is supposed to have a Liqourice smell. Good luck finding that. I think the guy who runs potcast has a strain he made that fits that bill.

Anyways Swazi Gold and even Malawi Gold are also becoming super hard to find these days so if you have it in pure form(not crosses to something) then hold on to it tight.

I know i could be totally wrong here but I say check out the genetics by quebec seeds. Quebecseeds.com They seem to be working with with old seed stock which they've preserved. They offer a durban poision. How close it is to the original landrace, I'm not sure.

Guinness

I know i could be totally wrong here but I say check out the genetics by quebec seeds. Im not a shill just want to say. I have grow their seeds, skunk no.1 to be specific. They're called quebec seeds but the website id Quebeccannabisseeds.com they are affiliated with other breeders too. They seem to be working with with old seed stock which they've preserved. They offer a durban poision. How close it is to the original landrace, I'm not sure.

Guinness

I know i could be totally wrong here but I say check out the genetics by quebec seeds. Im not a shill just want to say. I have grown their seeds, skunk no.1 to be specific. They're called quebec seeds but their website is Quebeccannabisseeds.com. They are affiliated with other breeders too. They seem to be working with with old seed stock which they've preserved. They offer a durban poision. How close it is to the original landrace, I'm not sure.

Guinness

Sorry new to the forum lol. My last post is the right one. I dont know how to delete the others. I thought their website was quebecseeds.com but its not its another website. So thats why i tried to edit but it turned out to be a new post. I dunno how to delete them. Maybe the mods can?

Guinness

I know because i'm in quebec and it comes around a lot. Still get the spindly bud reeking of lemoney moss with licorice and aniseed. The soaring sativa euphoric high. I haven't seen it around lately because I've been buying legal weed. But the seeds have always been right there. Good luck my friend. I know how awesome of a strain durdan is in fact onr of my fav. The seeds are still here. A lot of Canadian smokers/growers think BC is Canada's pot hub, but really, it's quebec.

Guinness

Just gonna say you have 8 -9 weeks with their seed. So its not pure but you get the original flavors. Something tells me some phenos could be 10 to 11 weeks total guess tho. Maybe a pheno hunt could find a few.

El Timbo

Just gonna say you have 8 -9 weeks with their seed. So its not pure but you get the original flavors. Something tells me some phenos could be 10 to 11 weeks total guess tho. Maybe a pheno hunt could find a few.

They claim it is though...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
How many packages you've to buy to find a licorice pheno?They only offer in packages with 5 seeds and it is only feminized.

Bud Jones

I already said it but AK Baked beans has a Durb that is from 90’s Sensi stock . Don’t sleep on these..

I wood

Veteran
I already said it but AK Baked beans has a Durb that is from 90’s Sensi stock . Don’t sleep on these..

couldn’t find those anywhere but was happy to run into grinspoon and the last laughing buddha.
thanks for pointing out a new source unknown to me until now.

Latest posts

Latest posts