What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

rebelfarmer

Since I was learning I decided to err on the side of too much rather than not enough. Over the next few years as I repeat this I might trim some of the time down.
The considerable expense cautions me. Each run represents 11 ounces or $1,100.
I would be very disappointed to cut into one 5 years from now and find mold.

I agree though, wrapped in real cellophane in the closest size jar possible and then put away somewhere stable.
I just added the cure time based on what I could best discern from my studies.
I have done variants of this, I live in a cabin and heat with a wood stove so it is very dry in the winter. I like to cure the bubble before I press when I can; I do press into a ball a few weeks after it has dried and cured, but my environment limits my risk (and that is usually based on time haha!) I still find that it cures in the ball quite a bit more, but perhaps not as much!
Looking to have a good chunk of bud to wash based on this years outdoor, hoping to have enough of a headstash that I can play around more like you have! I like your idea of the canolli being better for the initial cure!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Moisture is the big enemy but I find that a hash chunk needs some or it turns into a rock. I find that 3 days or so of covered air drying on a cookie sheet seems to work for me. In my early hash-making days I had a chunk of cheese hash go mouldy but I rushed the dry on that one at just 24 hours. It was a white film on the outside of the ball. I cut it off and discarded it and then re-shaved and re-dried the ball - losing about 1/2.

My oldest chunk here (of my own making) is some pink kush hash from 2019. Unwrapped in a sealed jar, it is still pliable. And still good. ;) A chunk of store-bought mazar from 2017 that I stored the same way - unwrapped but jarred - is a rock now and it requires a razor blade to carve off pieces.

bibi40

New batch of fresh frozen of Shockwave auto :

IMG_4117.JPG

did buy this :

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

so i put it inside for 4 hours and will let it sealed for fridge cure at 6°c for a new Piatella attempt ...
will see ...

:tiphat:

bibi40

Sorry man... but I have n answer...the dehydratator may be used to dry weed?
Don't be sorry about anything ....
sure it can be used for dry weed , buds or anything ,
but wouldn't advice to ,
i just use it to quickly dry the resin

Alitolla

ok..I thought it would be good for drying cannabis quickly without ruining it. Too bad...for what I have to do I don't know if there is a similar machine for domestic use for small quantities of cannabis...
do you have any advice for me? a home cannabis dryer

bibi40

ok..I thought it would be good for drying cannabis quickly without ruining it. Too bad...for what I have to do I don't know if there is a similar machine for domestic use for small quantities of cannabis...
do you have any advice for me? a home cannabis dryer
to be honnest i didn' t try , perhaps it' s not so bad and i'm sure it' s better than micro wave or other high temps way , minimum setting is 35°c .
will try to dry one or two bud once and report ...

bibi40

New batch of fresh frozen of Shockwave auto :

View attachment 19079342

did buy this :

View attachment 19079345

View attachment 19079346

so i put it inside for 4 hours and will let it sealed for fridge cure at 6°c for a new Piatella attempt ...
will see ...

First toke on this one ...
for now , didn' think it will turn in Piatella form ,
but anyway it's some tasty fresh frozen ,
very minty-eucalyptus taste , really like this kind of stuff-taste ,
and nothing to said about the powerfull effect !

;)

bibi40

Next try will be another " piatella " attempt ,
will froze direct it then microplane before low temp sealed curing .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts