What's new

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

Since I was learning I decided to err on the side of too much rather than not enough. Over the next few years as I repeat this I might trim some of the time down.
The considerable expense cautions me. Each run represents 11 ounces or $1,100.
I would be very disappointed to cut into one 5 years from now and find mold.

I agree though, wrapped in real cellophane in the closest size jar possible and then put away somewhere stable.
I just added the cure time based on what I could best discern from my studies.
I have done variants of this, I live in a cabin and heat with a wood stove so it is very dry in the winter. I like to cure the bubble before I press when I can; I do press into a ball a few weeks after it has dried and cured, but my environment limits my risk (and that is usually based on time haha!) I still find that it cures in the ball quite a bit more, but perhaps not as much!
Looking to have a good chunk of bud to wash based on this years outdoor, hoping to have enough of a headstash that I can play around more like you have! I like your idea of the canolli being better for the initial cure!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Moisture is the big enemy but I find that a hash chunk needs some or it turns into a rock. I find that 3 days or so of covered air drying on a cookie sheet seems to work for me. In my early hash-making days I had a chunk of cheese hash go mouldy but I rushed the dry on that one at just 24 hours. It was a white film on the outside of the ball. I cut it off and discarded it and then re-shaved and re-dried the ball - losing about 1/2.

My oldest chunk here (of my own making) is some pink kush hash from 2019. Unwrapped in a sealed jar, it is still pliable. And still good. ;) A chunk of store-bought mazar from 2017 that I stored the same way - unwrapped but jarred - is a rock now and it requires a razor blade to carve off pieces.