What's new

DR ATOMIC NORTHERN LIGHTS

I did two runs of the docs ANL given to me in clone form from the bean popper. She only popped three beans, two males, one female. It was "ok". I kinda played with it in terms of how long to run it. I had a more indica leaning pheno, it only stretched about 40%. The earliest was 62 days and all the way to 98 days. I take most of my stuff 60-75 so not unusual for me. Sorry I dont have photos, security issue last summer wiped out photos and data from years of growing.

A couple of things about this plant that I remember. The first is that the damn thing cant overeat or die in flush. This is the strongest plant I have ever grown in terms of not being able to kill it. That is with a grain of salt. Spider Mites liked the one I had, but they didnt knock the plant out at all prior to my elimination of them. They NEVER burned. My grow is typically multiple strains (4-10), single harvest, non-perpetual - so I have am a veteran at the "mixed plants, mixed nutes, different needs - make it work" game. From veg to mid flower, this was a honda/toyota of plants. It could take anything: overfeed, underfeed, heat, dry, humidity, etc and it just grows. This plant was almost boring. It just "grew" all the time. It would have been a holy grail from a growers standpoint except for a few issues.

1) Started to herm around day 50, both runs. Just a few at first. By day 70 each the herms are in the hundreds per cola - just crazy. Picking nanners ended about a week after they show as you cant keep up with them. They pollinated some Blueberry Powerplant I had so I assume it is viable - not sterile - pollen. Havent grown those seeds out yet.

2) I started flushing at day 50 as I usually do. The last run I took 3 plants all the way to 98 days. I had about 20 and just started cutting a couple each week until they were gone. The ones I cut at day 98, had 85% of the green of the 60 days. So in other words....it didnt eat for half its life and still had vigor. I know it isnt believable, I would not have and didnt until I saw it. Most plants would be curled up in a burnt stump smelling like a compost pile if you did that to them. I have some that after two weeks of flush they look like they arent going to make it a few more days. So the vigor was good. Note, the trichs on both runs never changed past about day 66-67...15% amber...even at day 98. I have heard of this, this is the only plant I have witnessed this on that is supposed to have a fairly strong indica influence.

3) The smoke was okay. NL was my first "indoor" smoke experience in 1991 - and it was magical. This was far from that. I smoke mostly for mood, this didnt do much. Not even that stoney to me. I had patients however that raved, and still talk about the medicinal properties of the ANL - mostly pain relief and muscle spasm relief. One thing of note, there was very little if any psychoactive effect past day 85, but the pain relief stayed the same. So very effective for those needing pain relief without impairment for whatever reason. Not all strains hold the pain relief to this degree when you cook off the THC to CBN due to LOONG flower times. Sleepy if overdone, as to be expected for an indica or one taken long for sure. Oh, and yield was average - lower than I expected for a strain with the genetics it contains.

So, I have heard nothing but raves about the Docs gear, and this was just OK. Not bad, not great...just "ok". I really want to try the thai lights, but not sure with the herms I had. I need to be fair and remind myself and others this was one pheno, and may have been the lemon in every 20 beans.

Subrob: Thanks for perpetually and continually sharing your experience and grows with us.

I know this is a super old thread, but I decided to add that I am trying ANL for the 1st time.
I got mine from clones, and hope that I got a good pheno.

I have seen Subrobs and others here, and hope I get those type of results!

jump /injack

Veteran
I know this is a super old thread, but I decided to add that I am trying ANL for the 1st time.
I got mine from clones, and hope that I got a good pheno.

I have seen Subrobs and others here, and hope I get those type of results!

How did I miss this thread on NL, this thing goes back 10 years or more. Got to try the Doc's stuff. There is always these ANL clones around here and I've heard good things. Informative thread, thanks people.

How did I miss this thread on NL, this thing goes back 10 years or more. Got to try the Doc's stuff. There is always these ANL clones around here and I've heard good things. Informative thread, thanks people.

I still have some left over from outdoor season.
Turned out my clones came from seeds.
I got 3 phenos.
They all looked very different.
They all yielded very well, and 2 of the phenos VERY vulnerable to budrot.
All phenos were very dense obviously, and yielded well for their short stature.
Effects range from slightly sativa dom to indica dom.
All smelled slightly different but still retain that classic smell you only get from NL

jump /injack

Veteran
Thanks for the update Bassman999, its amazing how many mixes there are with NL. I think that Doc's stuff is 35% sativa, 65% indica. Must be really good because its been out in the clubs for years and people keep buying it for themselves. Down to my last jar of NL, 4 years old and vacuumed packed, it will be smooth, time to try the Doctor's.

Thanks for the update Bassman999, its amazing how many mixes there are with NL. I think that Doc's stuff is 35% sativa, 65% indica. Must be really good because its been out in the clubs for years and people keep buying it for themselves. Down to my last jar of NL, 4 years old and vacuumed packed, it will be smooth, time to try the Doctor's.

I need to vacuum pack I think.
I have trouble keeping stuff past like 7-8 mos in jars even with those Boveda moisture packs