What's new

DR ATOMIC NORTHERN LIGHTS

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
If there trichome change is uniform throughout the bud, you can just count 10 and multiply by 10 to get a %

ninjagrow

This was the first strain I tried to grow ever, out of 10 seeds I only got ONE to sprout right. I had gotten them from kindseed but they were labelled as grapefruit x something, but I disregarded it and grew them anyway. out of all the failed attempts to sprout even 50% of the seeds, they always got stuck in the shell or simply didnt tap right... I still had one amazing Female that grew up until halfway through veg when I had to kill her to due a security issue. The plant looked exactly like the phenos you have and its amazing to see what she could have turned into... the plant was extremely stout with tight nodes like a palm tree almost, yet very very dark green with a beautiful type of serration to the leaves that was very strain unique... almost "old school" in appearance. The plant started out with fan leaves so stout the vegling didnt looked like cannabis but more like cabbage... This changed a bit later on as fan leaves elongated and developed a more sativa influenced appearance, but definitely heavy indica dominant in growth patterns. Also smelled like herbs/flowers with hardly any odor at all. Nice grow and nice pics.

gooboo

I read somewhere that NL#5 was: (Haze X Afghani) X Afghani X Afghani, 87.5% indica. Blunt, if you could look up the guy you got that cut from and ask him where he got those beans that would be very, very nice to know. :joint: ...in awe of your stuff man.

Last edited:
G

atomic n.l........ ahhhhhhhh

atomic n.l........ ahhhhhhhh

atomic n.l. is a n.l. cross from a sensi seed banks well first when the nl went to holland some remained in north america......after many years of breeding and 1000's of miles seperation the sensi nl was brought back to north america where it was cross bred with the nl that never made the trip to holland. so after many generations of seperate breeding the two were brought back together to create the atomic a truely awesome strain.....however i did have some probs with a border between herm and male bananas so i kept the ones with least male flowering to keep working with wich kinda stinks bcause the purple ones were true gems but be certain i will get a new pack of these to continue.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks lovely, subrob, cant wait to try mine.

the fact that you never got round to the smoke report is kind of a smoke report in itself! ;)

when my friend went tp canada i asked him to try and get the BCSC NL and he came back with the atomic. by all accounts they are both great versions though...

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey subrob were the hell has this thread been hiding? I love northern lights def one of my fav strains how was bcsc's nl#5 i have been on the hunt for the ultimate northern lights pheno for years still havent found her ive tried sensi's, nirvanas and dp's oasis just hafto pick up some dr atomics and bcsc's and hunt through them...

keeko

im going some dr. atomic NL now......i have 3 different phenos out of 4 seeds......one is a stalky indica with fat rock hard nugs....the other pheno looks just like what sub posted, an excellent smoke, and the other pheno is like what sub posted but more tricomes out of the phenos with a skunky smell to it....

this has been my favorite plant to grow so far out of 4 years. excellent choice

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is an old interview i found with Dr Atomic where he talks about NL

it is also listed as 14-20% sativa which would explain the narrow leaves. i saw one at my friend's and it had pretty sat looking leaves even in veg.

I acquired the original Northern Lights in 1988 from the seed banks in Amsterdam. I also got some Northern Lights from the northwest here in British Columbia, and over the last 18 years I?ve been perpetuating it and outcrossing it to other strains I like. It?s not rocket science; I just observe and smoke. I believe that all pot is medicinal. That?s my credo. I like to say that I?m a pot shaman first and merchant second, so for me it?s about the experience and not the piles of dough. I know people out there think growers get rich, and that may be true for a few, but I think the best pot we have is the pot we grow for ourselves. My favorite strain has probably always been the pure Northern Lights. Potent, stocky and fat from its Afghani heritage, with certain improvements that give it a great long lasting high ? it?s got everything. I try to raise indicas that have shown to be good for pain, insomnia, and other physical aspects.
here is a shot of mine at 34 days. nice triangular cola, resinous

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
third time lucky?

Attachments

• northernl34r.jpg
    northernl34r.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 24

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahhh vg-she is looking sweeeet! i really do miss atomic nl. might have to run her again someday.....

dr. atomic think he had a strain cherry bomb but the norterns are always good didnt know te coul flower for so long

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks rob, some of the fan leaves are a bit odd because she was sexed then vegged for another week then flowered, but she frosted up nice and early

did you feed yours much in the second half of flowering?? i guess it was a few years ago now!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i fed right along with the feeding schedule prescribed for whichever nutes i was runnin at the time. it was hydro, and i think i ended up with an extra long flush because they went longer then i expected. but if its NL i say feed the wench! she can take it! just flush flush flush before harvest:joint:

pendog

157 - Reeferman has a Cherry Bomb, I don't think I've come across a doc version.. wouldn't be a bad thing if I did though!

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
i wish i got the indica pheno, i got the other and it wasnt worth keeping around, hope you guys have better luck than me

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres my atomic NL at 55days - pretty much done i think
250 hps organic modscrog.

Attachments

• nl55.gif
    nl55.gif
    172.6 KB · Views: 21