What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Dog’s Yard

Yarddog

Hello folks. Starting a grow thread. Nothing special. Currently in a 18x24 veg tent, and 3x3 bloom with a hps. Setting a 4x4 tent up, should have it running in a few weeks. I gotta wait till harvest to shuffle the basement around. Bloom has Hippy Slayer, Sunshine Daydream, Jackberry, animal cookie, maybe another?? I’ll have to see what’s labeled what when I pull the plants in a couple weeks. My chart says I’m on week seven but the plants look like week 8 to me.
Just popped some Durban x SFV and Acapulco Gold beans and super excited about those.

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpeg
    IMG_1307.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1308.jpeg
    IMG_1308.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1309.jpeg
    IMG_1309.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1316.jpeg
    IMG_1316.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1320.jpeg
    IMG_1320.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Damn, you are kicking ass friend love your setup. Is that an air-cooled 400-watt Hps? What are you growing your plants in. Are you using tap water? Those are pretty flowers tops, nice and dense. I'm riding with you, thanks for posting your garden with us.

Yarddog

Damn, you are kicking ass friend love your setup. Is that an air-cooled 400-watt Hps? What are you growing your plants in. Are you using tap water? Those are pretty flowers tops, nice and dense. I'm riding with you, thanks for posting your garden with us.
Well water. We have iron water. Due to the minerals in the well. Took some time to get used to the taste. Plants don’t have any problems with it. I grow in chunk coco with a general hydroponic three part nute mix. It’s an adjustable ballast. I keep it on 75%. It’s a 1000 watt. Cool tube. The 1k watt is moving to the 4x4 and a 400 watt mag ballast will move to the 3x3.

Yarddog

Got another veg tent ordered. Plan on stacking them to save space. Got a few totes and supplies coming. Will finally get around to automating my veg water with a diy flood and drain setup.
Look at this mess. Basement is horrible. Moving it all around to accommodate more tents. Between the models on the wall, three incubators and the grow it is an absolute disaster. I can’t even set a cup of water down on the table. Much less build a model. 😂
img_1133-jpeg.19072434

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpeg
    IMG_1133.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1132.jpeg
    IMG_1132.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

gedLang

Got another veg tent ordered. Plan on stacking them to save space. Got a few totes and supplies coming. Will finally get around to automating my veg water with a diy flood and drain setup.
Look at this mess. Basement is horrible. Moving it all around to accommodate more tents. Between the models on the wall, three incubators and the grow it is an absolute disaster. I can’t even set a cup of water down on the table. Much less build a model. 😂
img_1133-jpeg.19072434
My back had a little twinge thinking about how you must have carried that glass cabinet down some stairs. Where are the Acapulco Gold seeds from? It's such a well known strain there are many versions of it sold.

Yarddog

My back had a little twinge thinking about how you must have carried that glass cabinet down some stairs. Where are the Acapulco Gold seeds from? It's such a well known strain there are many versions of it sold.
I have a slipped disc at L4, in hindsight I’ve been abusing it for years and never knew it. The ignorance of youth.
I have no idea on the seeds. I am 98% sure @Whip gave me the seeds around 2016-2017.
The pack had another called potluck and i do remember Umbra gave those to me about the same time. So they are either from Whip or Umbra. Maybe whip can chime in.

Last edited:

Yarddog

Tric’s are almost all cloudy. I think I wrote the wrong week down. I think I’m on week 8, so within a week I’ll pull the current bloom plants. Then I can take down the current grow setup and shuffle the room around.
New stuff is coming, excited to have a 4x4 and the 3x3 for bloom.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.png
    IMG_1342.png
    999.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1341.png
    IMG_1341.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

handwerker

subbed :)
which soil do you use? fertilizer? how do you dry?
organized chaos, everything has its place. could be better but i feel the pain (needs lot of time ..)

:canabis::smoke out::smokeit::pimp3:

Yarddog

subbed :)
which soil do you use? fertilizer? how do you dry?
organized chaos, everything has its place. could be better but i feel the pain (needs lot of time ..)

:canabis::smoke out::smokeit::pimp3:
I use chunked coco. General hydroponics three part nutrients. I hang dry in the same tent for a few weeks. Then to jars for final cure. I’d like to get a tent for drying but probably can’t afford to use the floor space.
I’m hoping to get an out building next year and finish it out for a grow room.

Yarddog

The hurricane has the post office slowed down. Looks like the stuff won’t come till early next week. Oh well. I’m taking the time to organize the basement. I built model airplanes, so I have all sorts of nuts, bolts etc. hinges, engine mounts, linkages etc. I am ADD so I am really a disorganized person. Factor in a full time job, two kids. A yard full of chickens.
On a good note the pond is almost full. Hope it doesn’t leak, it’s new.

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1379.png
    IMG_1379.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 5

Yarddog

Yeah man Amazon on the way. Can’t wait to get this grow upgraded. Tired of running out of smoke right when I harvest. I miss having a weed bank in my closet. Used to have cases of quart jars curing. Always had a handful of plants for Variety

Yarddog

Alrighty. 3x3 is harvested and jarred. Soulmind looks really good. Hippy slayer, sunshine daydream are some cuts I last ran in 2018. Gelato looks really good too. It’s all good to me because I rarely smoke
Broke the grow down and tossed the basement up. Worked four hours down there. I’m beat. Just coming off a seven day food poisoning event 😂

Will be running a 1k hps in a 4x4, a 400 hps in a 3x3. And two little veg tents
Goal today was to get almost everything moved. And get the veg tent turned back on. Hand watering till I get finished. Still not sure where the veg tents will go. I’m afraid the 75 gal aquarium will have to slide down a foot or two. Will cramp my model building table. Not to mention having to drain most of the water out to move it. Not looking forward to that much at all.
All this will only be up a year or two. Will be getting an out building in a few years just for the grow.
Lucky for me, a schizophrenic must’ve wired up the basement. There are two circuits on the wall outlets so I’ll be able to spread the amp draw pretty well. Will figure out exactly what is running those circuits to be safe. And the two hps will not ever run at the same time anyway. Looking forward to putting some jars in the weed bank. We are always running out. Be nice to have more than just a 3x3 for bloom.
I’ll get down there this weekend and finish up.

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpeg
    IMG_1768.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1769.jpeg
    IMG_1769.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg