What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

LostTribe

Premium user

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Are those Turkey tail? they look beautiful. I also mis judged and should have left my plant a bit longer weather has been fair.

Fomes fomentarius

Fomes fomentarius (L.) Fr., Polyporaceae, tinder fungus is a woody, perennial fungus, large in size which develops as a parasite or saprophyte on the beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) and other deciduous species. It is a white root fungus causing heart rot of the wood (Větrovský et al., 2011).
In Germany, people were using fruiting bodies in ritual smoking ceremonies, but F. fomentarius was also used as a medicine. Tinder fungus was widely used as a styptic by surgeons and dentists (Grienke et al., 2014). In traditional Chinese medicine, it was used for the treatment of oral ulcer, gastroenteric disorder, inflammations and various cancers (Chen et al., 2008). Some studies have shown that F. fomentarius has hypoglycemic, anti-nociceptive, anti-inflammatory, anti-infective and anti-tumor activities (Seniuk et al., 2011, Yang et al., 2008, Park et al., 2004). Several classes of metabolites were identified: primary metabolites i.e. proteins, polysaccharides (β-glucans), polysaccharide–protein complexes, and secondary metabolites such as triterpene glycosides (1444001-94-8, tuberoside), esters and lactones (fungisterollinoleate, betulin 28-O-acetate), alcohols (7-ergostenol, β-sitosterol), aldehyde and ketones (protocatechualdehyde; (22E)-ergosta-7,22-dien-3-one), organic acids, benzofurans (paulownin), coumarins (daphnetin), volatile components (Grienke et al., 2014).

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s the Tsar Bomba …
IMG_3716.jpeg
The Tsar Bomba (Russian: Царь-бомба, romanized: Tsar'-bomba, IPA: [t͡sarʲ ˈbombə], lit. 'Tsar bomb'; code name: Ivan[5] or Vanya), also known by the alphanumerical designation "AN602", was a thermonuclear aerial bomb, and the most powerful nuclear weapon ever created and tested

TrifektaSeeds

Chunky an off season for you is like every hobby growers wet dream! Sucks the greenhouse isnt banging but I've got a feeling it can't be that bad. What sort of light transmission is that material and how long do you think itll last for you?

Trying to get my own little patch up and going here and there. Looks like someones giving me a free rototiller w attachments at the end of the season so thats fun. Trying to grow as good and as much dope I as I can and cut out all the marketing taxes.

Made a bunch of mistakes and got bad luck popping a bunch of males. Oh well lol! Shit never goes as planned.... I dont got to tell you.

Im happy as long as I get to play in the woods with these nutcases. Forecast looks like its back to being nice and dry and sunny, my dogs told me to get my ass in gear for next year so they can hide out in the shade during the day. Flowering just getting going, might do one more top dress but everything is mostly happy.
View attachment 19053360 View attachment 19053361 View attachment 19053362
View attachment 19053363
This patch is still under 40$... gonna do it proper with the tiller and soil testing next year though... the market is ludicrous tho no sugarcoating it. Some old timer was talking my ear off at the gas station saying hes happy paying 35/g for hash at the MA dispo... hmm I might ask some old friends what bm flower is going for in NYC since they shut down most of the smoke shops now.

It's everywhere like this, flower growers ain't cutting it no more, shit is midz
Hash is king, going for 30-40$ here for the good solid old school high stuff and you won't find it easy, this is hash outta small outdoor growers, reserved for the upper echelon.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
we got a very hard frost here last night. I harvested all the smalls I wanted last night and just left some. chem d, 91, wedding cake, and a couple odds and ends.

the buds still up in the greenhouse were frozen solid a few minutes ago, dont know if they are totally fucked, wondering if the stuff in my patch will is ok but no biggie, harvested a great crop.

the blue dream I took last night was really fine, stunk up my building very nice.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Yeah, this year I pushed more minerals and now that I'm smoking it I feel really pleased and things look so much better at Rebel Dan's Vt op it's crazy.

I miss judged the weather here and should have left more up but that's how it goes sometime. Still lots of buds finishing but things are mostly in. Looks like a great final week of weather with temps at night close to frost.

The 92, 91, doc 5, chem d blue dream. Wedding cake, g chem, and a few more are finishing slow and nice...

View attachment 19079921

Aromas and grease are stronger

Chem D

View attachment 19079924

The D Buds still want weeks but are rank now

View attachment 19079925

92 ogk

View attachment 19079927

Double Og Chem 15, shit is crushing me, i love when my weed is dry enough and I get sooo high on the new crop

View attachment 19079928

SC Blue Dream, really great run with her, she's smells dank...

View attachment 19079929

I'm a lucky fukker and prepared well too and prolly higher than you ever want to be 24/7

Appreciate everyone that helps me in this, teamwork makes my dreams work!!!

In my spare time I help to fight cancer with mushrooms and a friend and neighbor beat it this summer, docs said she would be dead in a year but a year of mushroom teas and tinctures beat it while she continued to smoke ciggs!! So many of these free for the harvesting...

View attachment 19079931

Birch trees grow so many healing strains and make healthy syrup too!
That's beautiful, I'm surprised to see the Chem D needing still several weeks, it makes her fully mature around end october, I have never grown her so I don't know how long she takes indoor but it must around 75/80 days I suppose.
Do you make notes about your quality result each year? It can be useful to register how the plants behave each year depending on the weather and the different feeding methods you decide to use for each year.
When I was doing outdoor, I was working the soil during the winter, mixing it with cow manure down to 50cm deep in the ground. This way the soil was ready to deliver nutrients by the time I transplant the plants in may/june. I was doing my own nettle infusion, it can be stinky but it's very effective, full of N. Have you already made some of your own nutrients?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
That's beautiful, I'm surprised to see the Chem D needing still several weeks, it makes her fully mature around end october, I have never grown her so I don't know how long she takes indoor but it must around 75/80 days I suppose.
Do you make notes about your quality result each year? It can be useful to register how the plants behave each year depending on the weather and the different feeding methods you decide to use for each year.
When I was doing outdoor, I was working the soil during the winter, mixing it with cow manure down to 50cm deep in the ground. This way the soil was ready to deliver nutrients by the time I transplant the plants in may/june. I was doing my own nettle infusion, it can be stinky but it's very effective, full of N. Have you already made some of your own nutrients?
the 91 and D want more time than my upstate ny weather allows, but the D still is dank. yeah i make notes and plant 4-5 patches with the same clones but different levels of nutrition to dial things in.

I don't make nutes, I do state of the art testing and prepare a mixture of alfalfa, kelp, manures, fish meal, calcium sources, and sulfates of Ca, K, Zn, Cu, Mn, and then Boron, molybdenum, cobalt, selenium and humates. other things that I'm too high to remember, oh,, ferti-nitro corn steep, micronized rock phos, triple super phos, gypsum...

there are many years of what ive done and used in this thread as I've used Slownickel's suggestion. easy to see the improvements year after year I think.