What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary: Bubbleberry, CASH, PFG Super Grape

Artful Codger

Three females and a male moved to the veg tent.

V1D1 - seed tent.JPEG

Artful Codger

I've fallen way behind on updates here. These are the 3rd stringers from this run. I had a tent open after taking a break, so I figured what the hell. At the end of the seedling phase, these were less than half the size of the rockstars who are currently making babies in the 2x4. Three other pretty-good ones are flowering in another 4x4. These dipshits are 5 weeks into veg and are finally starting to look like they want to be there. Oh, and it's also three strains in a tent, so if that goes sideways, I have no one to blame but myself. Purple Frost Giant Super Grape and two Cherry Atomic Sledgehammers from WTTGT, and Bubbleberry from Riot Seeds.

Laggards.JPEG

Endrega

You're just who I was looking for:smoke out:

Can you share experience? Doing that for long? Had any problems? Are you running fertilizer?

I use blumats for my motherplants and i am sick of soil. I can't find a good soil without perlite.
I have the problem that is a perlite grain gets in contact with the blumat sensor, then it just starts giving water and this way I had a few floods in my veg over the years. I keep thinking about switching to coco, but I keep wondering if that would really work. Not just in theory.

Any input from someone who has done that, would be gold for me.

Artful Codger

You're just who I was looking for:smoke out:

Can you share experience? Doing that for long? Had any problems? Are you running fertilizer?
I've been running 100% coco with Blumats for about two years now. 10ish runs. I run Jack's nutes in the reservoirs, with H&G Drip Clean. Gravity fed. Three tents...one veg and two flower. I haven't had any clogging or buildup issues. I clean out the systems between runs. The Blumats work great, in general. I've had a few runaways, but it's always been user error, not system failure. Just make sure your pots are sitting in trays big enough to hold the entire contents of your rez.

There's an amazing (and very lengthy) thread here about running Blumats in 100% coco in small pots. The posts by the user "Rives" are often useful, and there's a fantastic summary post by "Flow Don't Stru." There are many other great nuggets to find in there. That thread got me started. Sustainable Village's YouTube channel also has a lot of good information, especially about dialing in carrots.

If you have any other questions about my setup, I'm happy to try to answer them.

PS If you don't want to abandon soil, a trick I've read about with Blumats is to make a hole in your soil big enough to hold the carrot, and fill it with coco. Then seat the carrot in that. I've never tried it, but I imagine it would help with the perlite problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts