What's new

Deadliest catch

NOKUY

Veteran
Andy and John have a book out. I just read it. While they aren't exactly wordsmiths, they had a nice yarn or two to share. The, "...quaint drinking village with a fishing problem line is," mentioned there.

yep..the hillstrands are from homer....they are good fukin people...did u see them save dudes life when he fell off the stack...

id have their back and they have mine all day every day.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
We can't understand why people do the work. The odds are not favorable that you will survive without injury with death a real potential outcome all the time. Mrs. MPD and I never miss an episode. We really cried when The Big Valley went down and took those guys to their deaths.

I can't bring myself to enjoy king crab anymore.

NOKUY

Veteran
We can't understand why people do the work. The odds are not favorable that you will survive without injury with death a real potential outcome all the time. Mrs. MPD and I never miss an episode. We really cried when The Big Valley went down and took those guys to their deaths.

I can't bring myself to enjoy king crab anymore.

100% injury rate

death can happen.

king crab season is easy compared to opies (snow crab)

man my GF made me quit fishing when our 2 best friends died in kodiak harbor...i seriously havent been the same sense.

i was workin on a halibut/black cod boat and makin 3-5 grand plus a week...

pretty sooon u guys will know that im in alaska fishing again.

...dont wanna say much now tho.

NOKUY

Veteran
DEADLIEST CATCH *Season Premiere*

4.14.09 @ 9pm E/P on Discovery!
The guys are finally back!! Season 5 of DEADLIEST CATCH!

This Emmy®-winning series, broadcast in high definition, follows the
now legendary captains and crews of five crab-fishing vessels on the
Bering Sea doing one of the deadliest — and most lucrative — jobs in
the world.

The brave men endure subzero arctic weather, 60-mph
winds and turbulent seas with waves the size of four-story buildings,
all on three to four hours of sleep each night — if they’re lucky. To
add to the weather nightmare, a thousand gallons of water crashes onto
the deck every 30 seconds, freezing as it hits the boat

79towncar

I hate this show. I respect the men and the work they do, also love the product. But the show is aweful. Every show is exactly the same, I can't tell the difference between episodes let alone the difference between seasons.

NOKUY

Veteran
just gottta bump this,,,i spent the better part of the past 2 hrs re-reading this thread....watching vids peeps posted etc...

i miss deadliest catch, i miss working on boats, i miss alaska.

show was great first couple seasons..gettin too repetitive now.
same ol same ol

great respect for the men and women doing the job though.

AbbieDoobie

Been catching up with the show recently, watched the first couple of seasons. Good stuff. Can't wait for new season.

~Abbie :joint:

NOKUY

Veteran

Molson

Best of season 4 is on discovey @ 9pm (2 hour show) on April 7. Discoverys also showing a bunch of re-runs leading up to the season 5 premier.

NOKUY

Veteran
Best of season 4 is on discovey @ 9pm (2 hour show) on April 7. Discoverys also showing a bunch of re-runs leading up to the season 5 premier.

sweet! i have season 2 and 3 on dvd...cant wait for season 5

NOKUY

Veteran
that show is so lame. just another show to add to the list of shows ruining the discovery channel beyond repair.

doesnt seem to be ruining Discovery...it the most watched cable show in history...maybe ruining it for you tho.

the new season is pretty good, but comes on too late....im 2 weeks behind because i dont record it or have tivo....so i have to catch each episode as a rerun before the new show which i cant stay up late for.

they did a good job w/ the story of the katmai sinking that killed so many...

ive been watching the marathon today, and wanting to get on the sea again really bad.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Got the marathon on now and I'll fire up the grill in a few minutes. Just used my brand new Grill Daddy to clean up my gas grill so the red peppers and steaks will be to die for tasty. Mrs. MPD is enjoying her day and that's all that counts.

Latest posts

Latest posts