What's new

D-Train (white domina x qrazy train)

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i need help bros...my dtrains are not cooperating...yet my freebie fem beans are crushin it!

FUEhD.jpg

this one is def mag def
AIi2R.jpg

when my gardens out of whack i get a little out of whack myself...medium was soaked with a ewc tea last night so they are still damp...will be giving them some botanicare cal/mag in a couple days? is there a foliar spray i can give in the meantime?

budman678

Veteran
dinafem blue widow is KILLIN it as usual...i have had nothing but great experiences with dinafem

UqSw1.jpg

fukndenny

i need help bros...my dtrains are not cooperating...yet my freebie fem beans are crushin it!

when my gardens out of whack i get a little out of whack myself...medium was soaked with a ewc tea last night so they are still damp...will be giving them some botanicare cal/mag in a couple days? is there a foliar spray i can give in the meantime?

it does looks like a mag deficiency.. when i see that i usually foliar with cal-mag 1/2 strength... or you can use Botanicare Organicare Huvega(on my purchase list!)

would be interested to hear someone else chime in, my remedies seem to work for me, and me only, lol!

budman678

Veteran
the cal/mag+ from botanicare at half strength should do the trick?

i just ordered a hydrologic tallboy with catalytic carbon filter....excited for that beast for sure! my city water has too much chloramine

fukndenny

the cal/mag+ from botanicare at half strength should do the trick?

i just ordered a hydrologic tallboy with catalytic carbon filter....excited for that beast for sure! my city water has too much chloramine

yeah thats what i use.

i don't go full strength because my maxibloom has plenty of cal mag., but in early stages i dont feed them full strength so they get a lil mag def sometimes.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Hey budman, if I may chime in that FFOF can be pretty
potent straight from the bag, especially if you don't mix
the shit out of it first... lock out is a very real possibility,
them plants are pretty young too be scream'n for cal/mag.

Just try'n too help brotha !

budman678

Veteran
not sure where to go from here...im going to be uppotting into 5gall geopots this weekend with 50% supersoil....

my plan is to transplant as soon as possible. spray the bottom roots with a little pure water. throw them in thier new homes with the fully ammended soil and hoping they recover...they seem to be a little rootbound as well

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman

I'd be surprised if they're rootbound already in those cups. I think most folks underestimate (or overestimate) pot size vs. what that size can sustain. Check into the beer cup challenges for definitive proof that you can do a lotta growth in a little pot. :)

I'll let folks more educated than I chime in, but there is definitely some rhyme and reason to when (and to what) to transplant into a bigger pot. Unless I'm moving 'em to flower, I let 'em hang out & veg in their small(er) pots as long as I can get away with it. You'll know when they're rootbound. :)

Either way, they're lookin' good! Can't wait to see 'em cook..

budman678

Veteran
budman

I'd be surprised if they're rootbound already in those cups. I think most folks underestimate (or overestimate) pot size vs. what that size can sustain. Check into the beer cup challenges for definitive proof that you can do a lotta growth in a little pot. :)

I'll let folks more educated than I chime in, but there is definitely some rhyme and reason to when (and to what) to transplant into a bigger pot. Unless I'm moving 'em to flower, I let 'em hang out & veg in their small(er) pots as long as I can get away with it. You'll know when they're rootbound. :)

Either way, they're lookin' good! Can't wait to see 'em cook..

thanks silver, i knew i could count on you guys for some kind words. this is my third grow and they have all been from seed. sooo, i am learning a lot as we go...the DNA and DINAFEM are healthy as shit...funny how each strain has different needs and i am learning how to listen to them and give em what the want....

i will post the good, the bad the ugly...part of my threads are for others to learn from my mistakes...and my success!

BTW, i just got married in June guy if you recall....and yesterday i found im going to be a father!!!!!!!! holy fukcing shit! ayyyyayayayaya

let the games begin!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
thanks silver, i knew i could count on you guys for some kind words. this is my third grow and they have all been from seed. sooo, i am learning a lot as we go...the DNA and DINAFEM are healthy as shit...funny how each strain has different needs and i am learning how to listen to them and give em what the want....

i will post the good, the bad the ugly...part of my threads are for others to learn from my mistakes...and my success!

BTW, i just got married in June guy if you recall....and yesterday i found im going to be a father!!!!!!!! holy fukcing shit! ayyyyayayayaya

let the games begin!

Congratulations dude! Too funny - I just remarked in my thread that my grow is a finite deal, which is mostly a reference to kiddos one day. One day. We'll probably pull the goalie this fall sometime. I'm anticipating a tense 9 months while she's preggers & I'm growing, just on account of general broad-craziness with the prego.. (And general broad-craziness, with kid or not)

Not sure where you are or what your situation is, but be careful man - now you're responsible for more'n you and the lady..

But on the transplanting, I'd let 'em ride it out in those pots as long as you can. If you transplant now, you'll find you'll have a bunch of loose dirt falling off - the rootball itself isn't very well established/expansive.

Those look like 4" pots, is that about right? With 4-inchers, you'll have plenty of time in there. There is such a thing as too-small a plant in too-big a container. I'm not super schooled on that, just enough to know..

:ying:

nugbuckets

Congrats Budman!!!!! awesome....wishing you the best of luck.......just a little tid-bit......P, Cal and Mg will not absorb very well if your mix/h2o/tea is acidic, and i really believe that is your issue.....you can easily test your run-off......just test your h2o before and after, and compare....my guess is that your run-off is around 5.9, which is too low for proper assimilation of Cal and Mag.....really hoping you get it turned around....good luck, nugs

budman678

Veteran
a new beginning...

a new beginning...

so, i decided i had to get them out of those pots...this could turn out to be a disaster but for whatever reason, my ladies were very unhappy in their previous homes.

i fill my 5gall geopots with about 50% SS and a miz of root organic soil/promix bx. i sprayed off the bottom of the roots with dechlorinated water (i hooked up my tallboy with carbon filter for chloramine) before repotting...a couple of them were more root-bound than others. no pics of all that. i was moving as fast as i could in the sun and sweating like a muh fucker

so here they are in their new homes...i gave them a gentle sprinkle after putting them in place.

lLNFM.jpg

tgVGq.jpg

U6mLz.jpg

iDwhM.jpg

i am learning all the time. i have already decided to use 1gall root pots next time and will prolly only need 3gall geopots...not 5 gallon.

i am hoping these girls really take off soon and begin growing...i think they will need a couple days to acclimate and they will be getting a taste of the SS within 5-7 days is my guess....i was only able to cook the soil for 5 weeks instead of 6...fingers crossed all will be good.

a special thanks for all the guys hanging out and contributing and helping

nugbuckets

bro, 3 gal is too small for SS....stick to 5's...your space looks tits!.....your shits about to blast off my man!....hang tight......make sure you ph your new water, it is usually not an issue, but because you started off with an imbalance, give it some attention....this grow is the only reason i log in to IC.....kick some fucking ass Bud....much love bro....and again, congrats with the little bun in the oven....i am very stoked for you...always, nugs

budman678

Veteran
bro, 3 gal is too small for SS....stick to 5's...your space looks tits!.....your shits about to blast off my man!....hang tight......make sure you ph your new water, it is usually not an issue, but because you started off with an imbalance, give it some attention....this grow is the only reason i log in to IC.....kick some fucking ass Bud....much love bro....and again, congrats with the little bun in the oven....i am very stoked for you...always, nugs

i should be adjusting ph to 6.5?

also, to find the ph of the soil: i water till runoff, collect runoff (in a saucer?) and measure ph. if it is high, for instance 7.2. do i simply continue to add water that has been ph'd below 6.5 to try and bring the overall ph of the soil down?

i have never really had anyone explain this to me. and is the ph is low, like you suspect nugs, should i be watering closer to 7.0 to try and bring it closer to 6.5?

thanks dudes!

budman678

Veteran
Move Me Brightly - A tribute to Jerry Garcia

Starts at 930 EST

erry Garcia would have turned 70 on Aug. 1, and to mark the occasion, two days after his birthday members of the Grateful Dead family are throwing an online musical party that will be a live free webcast in HD from bandmate Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael.

Actor Luke Wilson ("The Royal Tannenbaums," "Old School," "Bottle Rocket") has signed on to emcee the show, billed as "Move Me Brightly," after a line in the Garcia/Robert Hunter song "Terrapin Station."

Carlos Santana will honor his fellow guitar great via a video interview. David Crosby's poetic tribute, "Cause I'm Missing Him Tonight," written specifically for his old friend, will be read during the show. Garcia's daughters, his brother, Tiff and ex-wife Carolyn "Mountain Girl" Garcia will be on hand, as will the world's tallest Deadhead, Bill Walton.

Weir heads a growing lineup of musicians who will perform, including Willie Nelson's son Lukas Nelson, Joe Russo and Jeff Chimenti from Furthur, Mike Gordon of Phish, Paul Simon's son Harper Simon, psychedelic folk musician Jonathan Wilson and Bay Area singer-songwriter Cass McCombs.

"The Jerry magic is still there," said producer Justin Kreutzmann, 43-year-old son of Grateful Dead drummer Bill Kreutzmann. "All these cool people wanted to be involved, but not by reaching for the hanky and talking about the old days. Everything with Jerry was about humor and great music, so we're trying to do this in a way that would make him chuckle."

http://tristudios.com/watch

enjoy phans

budman678

Veteran
almost 48hrs in the supersoil....

almost 48hrs in the supersoil....

the bottom of the garbage can i cooked the SS has more mouisture so i didnt feel the need to soak em down when i transplanted..when i popped em out of the plastic pots i sprayed off the roots at the bottom with dechlorinated filter water...

SS filled 50% placed loosely in 5gall geopots
2 inch in layer of base soil
transplant and use base all around it.

i gave them a small drink to get them reachin for more....

plan on giving them a good water tomorrow. their first proper watering their new homes.

i am excited/nervous to see if the deficiencies most of the dtrains are suffering is corrected by my supersoil...i def have my fingers crossed...

DNA Genetics Connie CHung

zE0rx.jpg

dtrains

KJur7.jpg

l6cMb.jpg

84vhx.jpg

oMhAC.jpg

budman678

Veteran
dinafem blue widow

MSJI1.jpg

group shot

i hope next time i update they will be feeling better and zoomin along. ready to have them take off...

budman678

Veteran
iWh0c.jpg

ready to start eliminating dudes. i only want 3 dtrains...i think i can find that with 7 of them...already have two fems that i will be able to count on